Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I LOVE the new helmet mold! It's the perfect fusion between the other 2 helmet molds. The set overall looks decent and Whiplash looks great, that price though...  what is that!? It's utterly absurd. Definitely going to use some points on that, this looks like $50 set.

The set seems pretty nice overall, but those helmets feel really uncanny to me. I can't put my finger on it, but they just seem like knockoffs. Groot is fun, but not a huge fan of statues. I think the next marvel set I buy is gonna be whichever one gets us our Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-man.

The new helmets look great, although I hope they'll still use the other 2 every now and then, just whatever works best for the suit they're trying to make. Not too sure if I'll buy it though as other than the new and updated figures, the set itself isn't really all too interesting, for that price at least. I kinda want a new malibu mansion rather than another hall of armor every year or two. This Nick Fury is also getting very repetitive, there are way cheaper ways to get him.

3 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I think this'll be one of those sets that sits on shelves until it gets discounted. Even at 20%, I don't know if it would be worth the price tag...

That is my worry as well. I can't see myself picking it up for anymore than $60, and even then I'd probably cringe a bit at the cost. It would be one thing if I had nothing else to buy, but this is already looking to be an expensive year. I definitely want to get the armory, but I don't know if that will be any time soon.

Gotta say. I am liking this new helmet mold the more I look at it. It has a nice balance between the 2012 and 2016 molds, and I’d be intrigued to see it in person. 

However, I’m also going to join the voices stating that this set is way overpriced. $50 or even $60? Sure.

I get it, new molds (4 of the new mold in this set alone) are expensive, but not deserving of that big of a price hike. I would have been fine with a $60 price for roughly 500 pieces and a crew of 8 nice figures, but not $90. 

As a minifigure collector, who owns all Iron Man variants (OK, except that 2012 Toy Fair one :laugh:), I have mixed feelings about this. New helmet mold looks great and fits better with the later MCU suits and it's definitely better than that one-piece printed helmet, which I really don't like. But they used it also for MK 3, so I'm afraid that they will use only this new mold in future sets for all Iron Man minifigures. The set itself looks cool, but it's a little bit strange that they changed design of the displays. And that price is...a little bit overpriced. :sceptic:

5 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The new helmets look great, although I hope they'll still use the other 2 every now and then, just whatever works best for the suit they're trying to make. Not too sure if I'll buy it though as other than the new and updated figures, the set itself isn't really all too interesting, for that price at least. I kinda want a new malibu mansion rather than another hall of armor every year or two. This Nick Fury is also getting very repetitive, there are way cheaper ways to get him.

My major issue with the new helmet is that they used it for the Mk 3. The 2012 helmet works really well for the Phase 1 and 2 Iron Man suits so I think this new mold should be used for suits like the MK 42 up to Endgame armour

At least this new mold allows for multiple prints and could even be used in comic sets 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

As a minifigure collector, who owns all Iron Man variants (OK, except that 2012 Toy Fair one :laugh:), I have mixed feelings about this. New helmet mold looks great and fits better with the later MCU suits and it's definitely better than that one-piece printed helmet, which I really don't like. But they used it also for MK 3, so I'm afraid that they will use only this new mold in future sets for all Iron Man minifigures. The set itself looks cool, but it's a little bit strange that they changed design of the displays. And that price is...a little bit overpriced. :sceptic:

Yeah exactly what I'm saying. The MK 3 looks great with the 2012 mold since most Phase 1 and 2 Iron Man suits had the same helmet design with different color variations 

I do think it's disappointing that there isn't a MK 6 or even Mk 4 suit here.  

Will the new sanctum set be labeled under the infinity saga or will it be film based (DSITMOM)

will that set images be revealed soon? Like next weej sometime after the film comes out?

13 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Will the new sanctum set be labeled under the infinity saga or will it be film based (DSITMOM)

will that set images be revealed soon? Like next weej sometime after the film comes out?

Seeing as it's mostly inspired by In The Multiverse of Madness, it shouldn't be labelled as a The Infinity Saga set.

oh yes, haha I just remembered that spider-man far from home is the last of the infinity saga films. haha

so if its releasing in August could we see images later this month perhaps? Like baby Groot (I know that cheating since baby Groot does release in Europe in June.

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

so if its releasing in August could we see images later this month perhaps? Like baby Groot (I know that cheating since baby Groot does release in Europe in June.

Wouldn‘t count on it. Last year‘s Bro Thor set leaked in the middle of June :shrug_oh_well:

Another thing that bugs me, that I don't think I've seen anyone discuss, is how War Machine uses the exact same cannon build as his first figure/Iron Patriot. After all this time, they've never really perfected that cannon, with the exception of the comic figure, but that used the four handle back piece. There's not really a whole lot of things you can do with the cannon. 

Now if they had used the Wrecker armour piece, not only would War Machine look a helluva lot bulkier, which would especially do the Mark 1 suit some extra justice, there's two studs at the back they could've used to attach the gun

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

This Nick Fury is also getting very repetitive, there are way cheaper ways to get him.

I agree, with 4.5 repeat figures in this set (the new helmets accounting for the remaining .5), Fury should've been replaced by Black Widow

2 hours ago, dyl-and said:

rhodey reuses this head

So they're still using the 6 year old Tony Stark head, but not the one we've seen Rhodey use just as long. That scared face will work great for a particular Civil War moment, but other than that, it doesn't suit him

The more I look at the new helmet the more I like it. Definitely thought it looked bad at first though so I understand why others aren't in love with it.

It seems to me like they are planning on using this as a replacement of the old openable helmet. No real reason to keep two molds that are so similar, especially when they've talked in the past about how they limit how many molds/colors they have in production at once. Granted, Vidiyo seemed to be the antithesis to that thought process so maybe they've stopped that 😅

Edited by Marvelous Spidey
autocorrect got me lol

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I agree, with 4.5 repeat figures in this set (the new helmets accounting for the remaining .5), Fury should've been replaced by Black Widow

Or maybe both for that price.

I would've much rather had this set at $60 with exclusion of Nick Fury, Pepper Potts and maybe even Tony Stark. I think that would be a fair trade for a fair price.

As far as the changing of helmets, I'm used it. As others have mentioned already, it's happened many times with the stormtroopers and clone troopers. It's also happened to Batman (not enough times imo). It is what it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know for 50 years I have been "cringing" at the cost of LEGO, I am so happy that they are able to continue the trend.

I think there is a good chance that a few of the figures from the Sanctum set are actually from Infinity War. Not all, but some.

6 minutes ago, doclord said:

I think there is a good chance that a few of the figures from the Sanctum set are actually from Infinity War. Not all, but some.

*huh* Infinity War? Do you mean Infinity Saga?
If anything, I'd find it more likely  -if any none MoM figures are included- it would be from No Way Home...

Regards,
Mitch

1 minute ago, CF Mitch said:

*huh* Infinity War? Do you mean Infinity Saga?
If anything, I'd find it more likely  -if any none MoM figures are included- it would be from No Way Home...

It's possible that two of the figures we are aware of are just included for the sake of recognisability/sales and/or may not reflect the film itself - notably Iron Man & Spider-man.

I'm mostly curious about the Iron Man figure, what helmet it will use, which version it will be based on. Spider-man could easily just be from when MoM was set before NWH and potentially be the FFH suit or Iron Spider... but Iron Man is going to be very interesting indeed.

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

I'm mostly curious about the Iron Man figure, what helmet it will use, which version it will be based on. Spider-man could easily just be from when MoM was set before NWH and potentially be the FFH suit or Iron Spider... but Iron Man is going to be very interesting indeed.

I assumed Infinity War because that is when both characters met Strange and they were wearing lucrative outfits.

We now are going to eventually get Mk 50 with the new helmet and Iron Spider is popular/could get a redesign, so I would assume it is those two.

Just now, Scarilian said:

It's possible that two of the figures we are aware of are just included for the sake of recognisability/sales and/or may not reflect the film itself - notably Iron Man & Spider-man.

No, I know that. But because doclord specifically said 'Infinity War', I was just wondering why they thought that.
Also, I may have had Infinity War and Civil War mixed up a teensy tiny bit :innocent: :blush: 

Anyhoo, like you I'm also curious which Iron Man and Spider-Man it'll be (if it'll be those characters.).
I'm kinda thinking it might also be another Dr. Strange variant... 

Regards,
Mitch

After the helmet reveal, part of me hopes that the D2C blindsides us by being the Malibu Mansion with a display of the MK1-7 using the new helmet design. I'm still expecting Avengers Tower with the MK6 & MK7, but at this stage I really want them to go all out with the Iron Man suits.

22 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

No, I know that. But because doclord specifically said 'Infinity War', I was just wondering why they thought that.

Probably due to that scene from Infinity War where Iron Man fights alongside Doctor Strange and then Spider-man gets involved. If I had influence on a Sanctum D2C I'd probably include characters from that scene.

Edited by Scarilian

22 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

After the helmet reveal, part of me hopes that the D2C blindsides us by being the Malibu Mansion with a display of the MK1-7 using the new helmet design. I'm still expecting Avengers Tower with the MK6 & MK7, but at this stage I really want them to go all out with the Iron Man suits.

Probably due to that scene from Infinity War where Iron Man fights alongside Doctor Strange and then Spider-man gets involved. If I had influence on a Sanctum D2C I'd probably include characters from that scene.

I agree... it'd be great to get a new Iron Spider since the suit has been used in 4 movies now, but *barf* at the idea of another mk50.

Honestly regarding the figures, unless the last one is Rintrah, it's not a really great selection. Marvel collectors will have Strange, Wong, America, and Wanda within the last 6 months. Dr. Strange variants seem cool, and I guess a new Mordo is fine, but it'd be great to see something special. A good, big Sanctum build should be awesome without the figures though.

I just think it’s a shame that at the moment it seems like we aren’t getting a few more infinity saga summer sets from other films. Would’ve expected at around 4-5 playsets from other movies in the saga. Hope there’s more to come as this workshop ain’t doing much for me.