Aurore

[Freebuild] Embervale Advent Calendar 2021 - Heroic Fantasy

@zoth33 Thank you very much! I'm a big fan of those Heroica micro-figs...:wub:

@Robert8 Well, Embervale is a castle run by an elven sorceress and guarded by goblins...a spooky calendar would definitely be a great idea! :laugh:

Day 9 - Floating tome of pyromancy

51734637166_9922c02f7f.jpg

Evrart: "I was patrolling in the library, and I've been attacked by a freaking pyromaniac grimoire!"

I am probably more excited about this than the actual advent calendar I bought for myself. Keep up the good work! :)

Nice part combo there with the book and the snake!  I also enjoyed both the tomb and the skeleton a lot! 

The grimoire is excellent! Evrart using it as an excuse for how his fancy clothes got all messed up? 

The skeleton is nice although I’d remove the plate under the legs so it was actually hanging.

@Frike Awww, thank you so much! So glad you enjoy this advent calendar so much - I think your comment made my day! :blush:

@jtooker Thank you! I've had that idea in mind for a while...

@Kai NRG Thank you very much! It took me some time to figure out the snake and book combo, I first tried to use the ghost lower body but did not manage to get a look I enjoyed. 

@Robert8 Thank you so much! I've always loved floating magic books in fantasy games or artworks...

@Eyrezer Oh well, Evrart was already back in his armour before entering the library. "I can't properly patrol dressed like a ballerina!"
And...you're probably right for the skeleton. I'll remember it when I build Alrune's lab and try to include him in there!

Day 10 - Festive Alrune

51736865716_56115a0a70.jpg

Dresghar: "Once a year, during the festive winter season, my niece suddenly remembers she's a princess and dresses accordingly..."

I’m always so impressed by your female characters. And I adore the way you manage to seamlessly poach and combine parts from across every theme! 🙌🏼

Oh my. What beautiful pictures you made!! I agree with Williejm, it was marvelous to see some female characters you did!

keep it up! :)

On 12/9/2021 at 8:40 AM, Aurore said:

Day 9 - Floating tome of pyromancy

Love the "wispy" effect you achieved with that transparent snake piece!

6 hours ago, Aurore said:

Day 10 - Festive Alrune

That Ahsoka torso goes well with the Ravenclaw dress!

Edited by socalbricks

@williejm & @DBlegonerd7 Thank you so much! I think medieval-fantasy female characters are not really easy to design in LEGO, since there are rather few obviously female parts available for such a setting. Especially dresses and fancy outfits. And especially for fleshies. I have to admit it: I love the amount of brainstorming and experimenting it takes to find nice combos for such minifigs. :laugh:

@socalbricks Thank you very much! The Ravenclaw dress is my favourite skirt part (more metallic blue, please!), but I have not found many torsos that goes well with it...

Day 11 - Alembic

51739818980_44f920a48a.jpg

Dresghar: "Is that the same kind of appliance that can be used to brew liquor? What…why are you staring at me like that, honey? I'm just asking."

---

Note: next week, I'll be on a work trip in another continent and a very different time zone. I should still be able to update the advent calendar every day, but the timing might be off. :blush:

7 hours ago, Aurore said:

Day 11 - Alembic

51739818980_44f920a48a.jpg

Dresghar: "Is that the same kind of appliance that can be used to brew liquor? What…why are you staring at me like that, honey? I'm just asking."

---

Note: next week, I'll be on a work trip in another continent and a very different time zone. I should still be able to update the advent calendar every day, but the timing might be off. :blush:

Genius! (And always some really nice parts in your collection)

I prefer fleshies too, less diversity but much more fun. I have a few tips to be able to use nice parts designed for yellow or non-fleshies minifigs.

Beard can hide the collar for men (Here, the beard hide the yellow part from this Ninjago torso)

Arms can be changed in yellow (or any color used inside the collar) to  make a shirt. (Here you can see an example with the Forest Maiden and troll torso use)

Probably nothing new for you but helpful to be able to use nice parts when you don’t have a lot of choice.

Edited by Sympatik Brick

Day 12 - Alchemy Table

51741649525_3fb05a45e4.jpg

Alrune: "Eye of newt and toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog..."
Dresghar: "Sweetheart, could you please stop humming that? Such an earworm!"

1 hour ago, Eyrezer said:

I’m confused by the ink well! How is that done? Otherwise, nice curved desk.

I would say

Tile, Round 1 x 1 with Bar and Pin Holder in black

Minifigure, Plume Feather Small in black

And Golden hand ?

Edited by Sympatik Brick

On 12/11/2021 at 10:14 AM, Aurore said:

Day 11 - Alembic

I had to look up what an Alembic was - you learn something new every day! You definitely nailed the look - I especially like how you built the furnace!

On a different note, Alrune really shouldn't be faulting her uncle for being a "connoisseur"! :wink:

18 hours ago, Aurore said:

Day 12 - Alchemy Table

Lovely shaping on this desk! I especially like how you used the curved plate. My favorite details might be the inkwell and the "Anacondrai helmet"-turned-"reptile skull". 

In other news, I was finally able to get that Vidiyo Vampire Bassist we mentioned back on Day 1 (that black and red hairpiece looks great in-person)! They were selling them at my local LEGO Store - the employees somehow sorted the blind-boxes, and I was able to pick out whichever figure I wanted!

What can I say at this point!

I'd love another castle advent calendar with you in charge, Aurore!