It's so sad when a 10$ set has more functions than the 50$ set and even manages to include a great B-model, which looks like a cherry picker rather than a tow truck.
P.S. The color is dark azure, not dark turquoise (teal) since that 1x11 liftarm is not available in teal.
P.P.S. Then again those 1x4 thin liftarms should be a recolor.

Edited by R0Sch

18 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Are those teal 1x4 half beams I see there? That's a very specific recolor, which IMO is for an upcoming H2 set.

Since the 1x11 beam is available in dark azure (same as the 3x5) the 1x4 half beam should also be that color. It's not green enough to be teal. Then again, maybe I'm off with the colors again.
B202rnz.jpg

Another relief one after the 42139. Looks polished and in line with the recent year's smaller sets line-up. Past few weeks was a disaster for me.

Those are the colors of the race plane - white and teal?

Does it steer both axles??

14 minutes ago, GTS said:

Does it steer both axles??

Surely no, the 3x5 liftarm in teal seems to connect to the wheels on the rear axle.

I have always liked these smaller sets, gives me a good chance to build my parts supply on the cheap, without any buyers remorse, lol. Sometimes too the larger sets are good enough, that I hate to break them down for parts, like to keep the sets parts intact.

I think I'm pleasantly surprised by this one, it could easily have come out worse. It looks like a good sized, functional set for the price point; similar in functions (even if not quite scale) to the compact skid-steer loader we got last year, but with steering thrown in too this time. It'll go well with the collection of mini technic models already on my shelf!

As usual, this is the only set I'll be buying this year... partially because it's the only one that interests me, and partially because I'm still a student with little spare income for LEGO :grin:

The boom seems to be raised by linkage, which feels like a bit of a step down from the worm-gear of 8045. The fork tilt and steering are cool, though - they definitely make this set feel like more of an evolution.

Tried to reverse engineer this little set based on the catalogue image, but I did not manage to figure out how the boom is actuated (probably a gear-lever mechanism) or how the offsetted cabin exactly controls the steering (another gear-lever mechanism).
EZZbgfy.png

I've made a replica of #42133, based on the official picture.

Excuse the colors, I made with my stock, and finally I like its look.
The rear was also left "empty" for lack of visuals.

Lego-Technic-42133-01.jpg

Functions:
- Lifting arm with lever on the left side
- 2 front steering wheels via HOG and viellettes
- Manual tilting fork

Lego-Technic-42133-02.jpg
Lego-Technic-42133-04.jpg
Lego-Technic-42133-06.jpg
Lego-Technic-42133-10.jpg

Dimensions:
- Length 16cm
- Turning radius 32cm (!)

The left front wheel rubs on the cab, it brakes and prevents it from playing correctly.
I hope the production model will not have this defect, but I doubt it.

Lego-Technic-42133-09.jpg

The positive points :
- Simple and easy arm lifting
- The arm remains in the high position
- Nice style

The negative points
- Gigantic turning radius
- The left front wheel rubs on the cabin
- Little useful fork tilt adjustment

A little "play-set" to add to the range of your Technic mini vehicles.

Edited by aLx

Nice replica! There are one or two differences with the official set (eg. the beam going under the cab), but overall this looks like a pretty cool build and it's made me pumped for the real thing! Plus telehandlers always look better from the cab side. :thumbup:

23 hours ago, aLx said:

The left front wheel rubs on the cab, it brakes and prevents it from playing correctly.
I hope the production model will not have this defect, but I doubt it.

Based on the catalog image I would say that the cab should be one stud backward compared to its current position.

3 hours ago, kodlovag said:

Based on the catalog image I would say that the cab should be one stud backward compared to its current position.

Good one. I'm going to re-work my model. Thx.

7 hours ago, aLx said:

Good one. I'm going to re-work my model. Thx.

I also tried to complete a version of the telehandler. Based on your model I tried to move the cab back by one stud. In this case the lever based method for the boom cannot work anymore, because its axle will collide with the steering axle. On the other hands, all the pins of the boom are frictionless pins, so it cannot stay at elevated position without hand assisting. So I think the boom works differently, it must be wormgear based. There must be a 8 tooth gear at the center in between the bent liftarms, and the wormgear can fit below that. The wormgear is controlled from the back of the telehandler. That is a very common solution among mini technic sets. The steering liftarm can still fit underside.

Unfortunately I cannot show my model, because I left it on my other computer, and I cannot access it before next weekend. :(

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

So there is a worm crank - or at least there should be. Cool!

This is exactly what I suggested in my previous post! I gonna definietly buy it!