Ngoc Nguyen

42134 - Monster Jam Megalodon & 42135 - Monster Jam El Toro Loco

4 hours ago, Igor1 said:

@SNIPE  I think this is technic pin 1/2 - 4274.

It wouldn't make much sense to just make it red. Changing the pin to include friction would make sense in this model so the teeth won't rotate all over the place. 

9 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Anyone who speaks russian know if they are frictionless or frictioned red half pins?

He told not so much about it, only "well it is just ordinary 1/2 pin but now in Red, which I guess might be found in System sets but never before in Technic".

So, he didn't pay attention on it. I beleive we should wait more reviews from ever deeper-techinicaled guys)) 

Edited by Void_S

13 hours ago, LvdH said:

It wouldn't make much sense to just make it red. Changing the pin to include friction would make sense in this model so the teeth won't rotate all over the place. 

4272 - is a friction pin. The frictionless pin has a slightly different size and has a different number - 32002. In the video I can clearly see a red pin with friction 4272. Previously, this pin was produced mainly in blue and LBG colors.

Edited by Igor1

1 hour ago, Igor1 said:

4272 - is a friction pin. The frictionless pin has a slightly different size and has a different number - 32002. In the video I can clearly see a red pin with friction 4272. Previously, this pin was produced mainly in blue and LBG colors.

Well it depends on the level of friction you expect. 4274 might have slightly more friction than 32002, but definitely not "standard" friction pin level like 2780. To hold those teeth properly we'd need a half pin with ridges preventing a possible rotation. 

@kbalage Apologies, but it looks like I was really wrong, because 4272 and 32002 on the long half of pin are both frictionless. :blush:

I also noticed that in the list of parts in the video, the new red pin has some kind of new number 6378120, perhaps it will be with friction (like 2780). Given the recent release of some new Lego pins, this would make sense!

Edited by Igor1

5 minutes ago, Igor1 said:

@kbalage Apologies, but it looks like I was really wrong because 4272 and 32002 are both frictionless pins. :blush:

I also noticed that in the list of parts in the video, the new red pin has some kind of new number 6378120, perhaps it will be with friction (like 2780). Given the recent release of some new Lego pins, this would make sense!

No worries :) That ID might label a new color / element combination, 4274 was never available officially in red in a set, there are a few red ones sold on Bricklink but I guess those are the usual red test samples.

7 minutes ago, Igor1 said:

@kbalage Apologies, but it looks like I was really wrong because 4272 and 32002 are both frictionless pins. :blush:

Technically speaking, they're not frictionless. 

Yeah, I'm a literal Einstein. :drunk:

Wonder why El Toro Loco doesn't feature a flag? Megalodon I can understand, considering that the shaping would present a problem and the truck itself doesn't seem to have run with one. El Toro Loco, conversely, has run flags before, and TLG could have used some cool designs.

I'm okay with it overall, though - it means there's no massive stickers to contend with this time around.

Edited by Maaboo35

8 minutes ago, kbalage said:

No worries :) That ID might label a new color / element combination, 4274 was never available officially in red in a set, there are a few red ones sold on Bricklink but I guess those are the usual red test samples.

It's funny, but with the release of these pins, the irony of one well-known logo now loses its meaning... And I can finally build this MOC. :laugh:

1.png

Edited by Igor1

5 minutes ago, Igor1 said:

@astyanax Yes, these pins are frictional. They sit very tightly.

So if you put 2 into a pin joiner, they're not going to come out?

Anyway, gotta get a bunch of them, I was always annoyed by the looseness of the traditional half pin as a connector part between System and Technic pieces...

2 hours ago, Igor1 said:

Yes, these pins are frictional. They sit very tightly.

That's something quite useful indeed, I have missed this new part so far, thanks!