MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

The two new inquisitors make more sense.

Presumably, yeah. I suppose it also depends on how much info LEGO was given, and how important the Grand Inquisitor is/isn't as a figure for this show. 

24 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Presumably, yeah. I suppose it also depends on how much info LEGO was given, and how important the Grand Inquisitor is/isn't as a figure for this show. 

I think the Grand Inquisitor will be important, but we know he lives of course so I don’t think he’s the focus. 

2 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Sorry for just bashing in guys, but the Obi-Wan Kenobi Series teaser trailer just came out:

Best kind of bashing there is! May can't come soon enough!

44 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

The two new inquisitors make more sense.

Only moses ingram's character is new, the other one is Fifth Brother from rebels, who has a minifigure. If the molds still exist for the male inquisitor's armors and Fifth Brother's helmet I could see all three showing up.

4 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Best kind of bashing there is! May can't come soon enough!

I haven't been this excited for SW since...maybe even force awakens. I loved mandalorian and fallen order (side note: I'm so happy Nur is back from that game, one of my favorite SW locations), but that wasn't really as much in the build up as actually playing/watching them and realizing how great they were.

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Only moses ingram's character is new, the other one is Fifth Brother from rebels, who has a minifigure. If the molds still exist for the male inquisitor's armors and Fifth Brother's helmet I could see all three showing up.

There's another female Inquisitor in the trailer, an alien who can be seen in the meeting scene. She appears to have the same tentacles as Stass Allie's species, so that makes 4 confirmed Inquisitors in this series, the same amount as Rebels Seasons 1 AND 2 combined :moar:. If the two new Inquisitors are made that will help me feel better about there never being a Seventh Sister figure... 

Tho my thinking is that the Fifth Brother and alien Sister Inquisitor will have less lines and just be there as background / extra action Inquisitors, so I expect that the human female Inquisitor and Grand Inquisitor will be the most wanted by fans

The Grand Inquisitor doesn't even look like himself or his species anymore, but in LEGO form that won't be noticeable. I hope he wears his helmet so LEGO had a reason to release that again too, but I kind of doubt it.

Looking forward to seeing what LEGO does for this.

My God, look at the Bricklink prices of the old Inquisitors…make Cap’n Rex look cheap.

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

There's another female Inquisitor in the trailer, an alien who can be seen in the meeting scene. She appears to have the same tentacles as Stass Allie's species, so that makes 4 confirmed Inquisitors in this series, the same amount as Rebels Seasons 1 AND 2 combined :moar:. If the two new Inquisitors are made that will help me feel better about there never being a Seventh Sister figure... 

Tho my thinking is that the Fifth Brother and alien Sister Inquisitor will have less lines and just be there as background / extra action Inquisitors, so I expect that the human female Inquisitor and Grand Inquisitor will be the most wanted by fans

Must have missed it, that's cool. I wonder if they'll use replacement numbers considering how many there are at this point and that a good chunk of the top 10 are already dead by the time of kenobi. 

I think the rumor for awhile was Grand, ingram, and 5th as the three main ones, and seeing as fifth gets a few solid shots in the trailer on multiple planetsI'm guessing he'll be seen more, whereas this lady might just be someone sitting in on the meeting who we don't even see leave Nur.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

The Grand Inquisitor doesn't even look like himself or his species anymore, but in LEGO form that won't be noticeable. I hope he wears his helmet so LEGO had a reason to release that again too, but I kind of doubt it.

Looking forward to seeing what LEGO does for this.

Yeah, his head is probably my biggest worry about the show (which shows how much I like it already if my biggest issue is a guy's head), but you're right that it probably won't change his lego design. I don't think we'll see the helmet since that seemed to be his flight helmet and they seem to be using a bigger ship, not starfighters.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

My God, look at the Bricklink prices of the old Inquisitors…make Cap’n Rex look cheap.

Ah, megablocks, I sold one (I used to have 2, since I loved that TIE advanced set) a few years back for $20. Absurd that you can buy a 1000+ pc set new and sealed for twice the price of just one of the figures from it.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Must have missed it, that's cool. I wonder if they'll use replacement numbers considering how many there are at this point and that a good chunk of the top 10 are already dead by the time of kenobi. 

That won‘t be necessary. A recent book has confirmed that Third Sister and Third Brother both exist, so there must be a pair for each number :classic: I wonder who the other new Inquisitor is. Also interesting that they didn‘t show Third Sister‘s helmet (which I hope she has)

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I was referring to the other new, I assume, Inquisitor, not the Fifth Brother, even though admittedly he would be new anyway as it’s Liveaction.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That won‘t be necessary. A recent book has confirmed that Third Sister and Third Brother both exist, so there must be a pair for each number :classic: 

This is true, but Third Brother was only mentioned in a single throwaway line in an encyclopedia entry from a book that isn’t even available for purchase in the US. It’s as obscure a reference as you can possibly get, and there’s a very compelling argument to be made that if there are actually two of each number it’s an awful coincidence that we’ve happened to see exactly one of all ten pairs without getting any duplicates so far. Until we get additional evidence there I think it’s much more likely that they’ve just retconned Third to be female; that would be a completely negligible change to canon given that the character has never actually appeared anywhere.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

This is true, but Third Brother was only mentioned in a single throwaway line in an encyclopedia entry from a book that isn’t even available for purchase in the US. It’s as obscure a reference as you can possibly get, and there’s a very compelling argument to be made that if there are actually two of each number it’s an awful coincidence that we’ve happened to see exactly one of all ten pairs without getting any duplicates so far. Until we get additional evidence there I think it’s much more likely that they’ve just retconned Third to be female; that would be a completely negligible change to canon given that the character has never actually appeared anywhere.

I hadn’t even thought that the numbers were applying to both. But that makes a lot of sense. Which means that the Inquisitor who looks like a Tholothian is probably the Fourth Sister.

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

4 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I noticed that too, those Bricklink sellers were so quick in updating the prices! I'm extremely glad I have the TIE advanced prototype with the Grand Inquisitor already, but the Fifth Brother has gone up so much I'll never get my hands on him or the AT-TE, which is a shame since I've been saving up for that AT-TE for a while now, not even mostly because of that Inquisitor, I just like the scene.

Also, the character played by Ingram is apparently called "Inquisitor Reva". Strange... I wonder if they're somehow planning to retcon the [number genered-sibling] system, or if they all have separate names that were never mentioned before, or if Reva is an outlier to the aforementioned system.

Edited by AD_Bricks

27 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Also, the character played by Ingram is apparently called "Inquisitor Reva". Strange... I wonder if they're somehow planning to retcon the [number genered-sibling] system, or if they all have separate names that were never mentioned before, or if Reva is an outlier to the aforementioned system.

She's being credited as Third Sister as well. They all have 'actual' names from before they became Inquisitors, of course, although they only really come up for the ones that've been given significant backstory, which is only a handful of them so far. My guess is that the fact that she has a name attached is an indication that they'll be explicitly dealing with the fact that they all (or at least most) used to be Jedi themselves.

41 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I hadn’t even thought that the numbers were applying to both. But that makes a lot of sense. Which means that the Inquisitor who looks like a Tholothian is probably the Fourth Sister.

That seems like a good bet, given that she's the one we don't know anything about. Although it's also possible that they eventually recycle numbers when they get killed. We haven't seen it happen yet, but Fourth, Sixth, and Ninth have all been dead for almost a decade by the time this is set, so who knows. That wouldn't clash with what we've seen so far as badly as having multiple with each number active at the same time.

Really, the whole numbering thing introduces a ton of problems that they could've avoided. They would have a much easier time using them as villains if they hadn't so explicitly specified how many there are. That ship seems to have sailed for the moment, but given that the essentially entire Inquisition appears to have been wiped out by 2 BBY (IIRC, Third Brother/Sister is the only one that isn't known to be dead by that point), maybe it'll get rebuilt later in a way that's less narratively constraining.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That won‘t be necessary. A recent book has confirmed that Third Sister and Third Brother both exist, so there must be a pair for each number :classic: I wonder who the other new Inquisitor is. Also interesting that they didn‘t show Third Sister‘s helmet (which I hope she has)

The rpg/reference books get retconned pretty consistently and really shouldn't be considered canon (The dice are a pretty good example, as well as the encyclopedia from years before the whole "boba fett's starship" debacle calling slave one "clone one" multiple times)

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I was referring to the other new, I assume, Inquisitor, not the Fifth Brother, even though admittedly he would be new anyway as it’s Liveaction.

Yup, I totally missed her.

1 hour ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Forth sister's armor is a plot point in one of the vader's castle comics. Now it's a comic, which has had a pretty major retcon, though only the one (the kanan comics got steamrolled by the bad batch premiere, with the time of day, his master's lightsaber color, the planet's look, clone legion's armor, his escape from the clones, etc all being retconned completely)

1 hour ago, AD_Bricks said:

I noticed that too, those Bricklink sellers were so quick in updating the prices! I'm extremely glad I have the TIE advanced prototype with the Grand Inquisitor already, but the Fifth Brother has gone up so much I'll never get my hands on him or the AT-TE, which is a shame since I've been saving up for that AT-TE for a while now, not even mostly because of that Inquisitor, I just like the scene.

You can look at the price guide, it's not because of the kenobi trailer. Figure prices tend to increase when demand increases, and people buy the cheaper ones, leading to price increases. It's not like every seller simultaneously updated their prices after watching the trailer.

It is interesting, though she is also being called third sister. My guess is that Reva was her jedi name, like how sixth brother is Bin Valen or the blind one is Prosset Dibbs.

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's not like every seller simultaneously updated their prices after watching the trailer.

But it will happen if he isn't remade as a figure for the new show. Sellers definitely capitalise on interest due to new related properties.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The rpg/reference books get retconned pretty consistently and really shouldn't be considered canon (The dice are a pretty good example, as well as the encyclopedia from years before the whole "boba fett's starship" debacle calling slave one "clone one" multiple times)

This is a bit of an exaggeration. It's probably better to say that all out-of-universe sources are canon until proven otherwise. They officially retired the idea of 'canon tiers' back in 2014, but de facto that's still clearly the system we're operating under. There have been a few specific reference books that've been treated badly (in particular, both TLJ and RoS ran completely roughshod over the material released between the movies, as part of the Sequel Trilogy's general disregard for any kind of continuity), but historically retcons have been very rare compared to the volume of new information in those books. Stuff like "Clone 1" is an obvious error, but that isn't the same as a retcon.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Forth sister's armor is a plot point in one of the vader's castle comics. Now it's a comic, which has had a pretty major retcon, though only the one (the kanan comics got steamrolled by the bad batch premiere, with the time of day, his master's lightsaber color, the planet's look, clone legion's armor, his escape from the clones, etc all being retconned completely)

Only her armor appeared, which only tells us that she’s approximately humanoid. We don’t know anything about what she looks like, so the other Inq there certainly could be her. That comic is set during the GCW, so probably roughly 10 years after Kenobi, so Fourth Sister was presumably still alive at this point (and also has a decade to get new armor, if what she’s wearing there doesn’t match the comic).

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

5 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

[…] they’ve just retconned Third to be female;

This can’t be a retcon because Third Brother and Third Sister are both mentioned in the same reference book :wink:

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The rpg/reference books get retconned pretty consistently and really shouldn't be considered canon […]

I know. But the reference book those two were mentioned in was released last year, so by that time Kenobi was already in full production. Why would they specifically single out those if they didn‘t already know they would show up at some point? :laugh: I‘m not saying Third Brother will appear in Kenobi, but it‘s possible he gets namedropped. Perhaps he makes an appearance in a comic or novel this year

16 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

She's being credited as Third Sister as well. They all have 'actual' names from before they became Inquisitors, of course, although they only really come up for the ones that've been given significant backstory, which is only a handful of them so far. My guess is that the fact that she has a name attached is an indication that they'll be explicitly dealing with the fact that they all (or at least most) used to be Jedi themselves.

Ah, thanks, that makes sense. 

15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You can look at the price guide, it's not because of the kenobi trailer. Figure prices tend to increase when demand increases, and people buy the cheaper ones, leading to price increases. It's not like every seller simultaneously updated their prices after watching the trailer.

That is the case for a lot of them, I know, however what I said is also correct because scalpers buy them and immediately resell them for way more. There was also a Grand Inquisitor with a cracked torso on bricklink that used to be AUD$25 but is now $80, sold by the same person. 

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This can’t be a retcon because Third Brother and Third Sister are both mentioned in the same reference book :wink:

Damn. Well, so much for that. This is the problem with that book not being available in the US; I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy, so I don't know what it actually says other than the bits that've been transcribed to Wookieepedia. For everybody else, it's https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Encyclopedia_(De_Agostini); if anybody in this thread knows how I can get a copy of it in the US, do please tell me...

15 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Only her armor appeared, which only tells us that she’s approximately humanoid. We don’t know anything about what she looks like, so the other Inq there certainly could be her. That comic is set during the GCW, so probably roughly 10 years after Kenobi, so Fourth Sister was presumably still alive at this point (and also has a decade to get new armor, if what she’s wearing there doesn’t match the comic).

Sure, but I don't see those neck tendril things fitting into that helmet.

1 hour ago, AD_Bricks said:

Ah, thanks, that makes sense. 

That is the case for a lot of them, I know, however what I said is also correct because scalpers buy them and immediately resell them for way more. There was also a Grand Inquisitor with a cracked torso on bricklink that used to be AUD$25 but is now $80, sold by the same person. 

In this specific instance you can look at the price guide and see that he was routinely selling for $100 plus before the trailer dropped. There are definately people who buy figures listed for cheap and resell them for more, but it wouldn't have happened universally within a few hours.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Sure, but I don't see those neck tendril things fitting into that helmet.

"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural."

20 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Does anybody know what droid this is (at 3:32)? This is a new video that came out today for the game.

I’m going to guess it’s ME-8D9 from TFA

On 3/9/2022 at 6:06 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Ah, megablocks, I sold one (I used to have 2, since I loved that TIE advanced set) a few years back for $20. Absurd that you can buy a 1000+ pc set new and sealed for twice the price of just one of the figures from it.

Mega has actually been killing it on the halo sets recently, they communicate with the fans regularly on discord. Back on topic dude I've been geeking out over that kenobi trailer so much too. I would love a Nur fortress set in the style of vaders castle or a tatooine based set with owen and beru. I'm so hyped i don't collect brickheadz but i might make an exception for the kenobi 2 pack lol. Oh and also we do see the female alien inquisitor and fifth brother on the city planet Daiyu aswell so looks like they'll all be getting some action which is great!

Edited by blujay563