MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

A blurry and poorly cropped AT-TE image has surfaced… if it’s not fake then I guess the set will look almost identical but with less figures. If it’s real, that’s freaken awesome and I want 2. 

4 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

A blurry and poorly cropped AT-TE image has surfaced… if it’s not fake then I guess the set will look almost identical but with less figures. If it’s real, that’s freaken awesome and I want 2. 

I'm 97% sure it's fake. It uses the clone wars trim and image, which could be a TLG error, but seems fake to me. It's been posted by only one account and reposted by no reliable leakers yet. The guy who posted it has been the source of 0 leaks so far, and his last image was of a very clearly fake cody next to a blurry AT-TE leg.

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm 97% sure it's fake. It uses the clone wars trim and image, which could be a TLG error, but seems fake to me. It's been posted by only one account and reposted by no reliable leakers yet. The guy who posted it has been the source of 0 leaks so far, and his last image was of a very clearly fake cody next to a blurry AT-TE leg.

Nice new PFP. I wasn’t sure of the source, I just saw it reposted and felt like posting here instead of vetting it myself lol. It’s got all the hallmarks of a fake but it is on the more convincing side. I was totally expecting the box to look like this, the yellow trim with the 332nd clone does look good. 

That at te pic seems pretty fake most likely will have the Vader box art not to mention the walker besides the cockpit is all grey,should have red accents on it.

Edit:Not sure on the box art part if promobricks confirmed it to be the clone wars art.

Edited by Displayedaction

In light of this coming price increase I may do a preemptive pre order on the Jedi Starfighter & Inquisitor Transport Scythe sets. I imagine the sets on the Stonewars list will be the same here in the States. If I pre order(and assuming the sets are in the list) will the prices be safe do you guys think? Since they should ship out before they’re officially released...

47 minutes ago, Displayedaction said:

Edit:Not sure on the box art part if promobricks confirmed it to be the clone wars art.

TCW boxart wouldn‘t make any sense. As Obi-Wan‘s Jedi Starfighter proves, all Skywalker Saga sets have the Vader boxart, and as a ROTS set, so should the AT-TE :laugh:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

TCW boxart wouldn‘t make any sense. As Obi-Wan‘s Jedi Starfighter proves, all Skywalker Saga sets have the Vader boxart, and as a ROTS set, so should the AT-TE :laugh:

Makes perfect sense to me, AT-TE kinda goes better with the fighter tank and other CW sets than it does with the main saga stuff 

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Makes perfect sense to me, AT-TE kinda goes better with the fighter tank and other CW sets than it does with the main saga stuff 

Granted, the Fighter Tank got the TCW packaging even though it‘s not directly based on the show, but at least it includes the TCW version of Windu to justify it. While a Clone Trooper would make more sense than Vader, the AT-TE is a ROTS set and should thus be consistent with the other PT set :tongue:

7 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Where can this image be seen?

10 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Nice new PFP. I wasn’t sure of the source, I just saw it reposted and felt like posting here instead of vetting it myself lol. It’s got all the hallmarks of a fake but it is on the more convincing side. I was totally expecting the box to look like this, the yellow trim with the 332nd clone does look good. 

Thanks. The trim definately looks good, probably because it's a copy paste of the republic fighter tank trim. As this is a film set, I'm guessing it'll have the film trim with Vader on the boxart.

3 hours ago, SnoopBobbyBob said:

Where can this image be seen?

The...usual places. Not sure how much we're allowed to say here, as EB is pretty strict about leaks. There are certain hashtags you can look up on certain image-based social media sites to find lego leaks.

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

In light of this coming price increase I may do a preemptive pre order on the Jedi Starfighter & Inquisitor Transport Scythe sets. I imagine the sets on the Stonewars list will be the same here in the States. If I pre order(and assuming the sets are in the list) will the prices be safe do you guys think? Since they should ship out before they’re officially released...

My personal experiance has been that you're charged the day of release, and the item ships then. So I wouldn't count on it, although it would be kinda gross for them to raise the price of a pre-ordered set after people pre-ordered it.

It's fine to tell people to search on Instagram. Just don't link anything. You can track where a click originates from. And if EB gets associated as the place where people click from to see leaked images it'll jeopardize our relationship with the company.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My personal experiance has been that you're charged the day of release, and the item ships then. So I wouldn't count on it, although it would be kinda gross for them to raise the price of a pre-ordered set after people pre-ordered it.

Well, I took the chance. Now watch, those sets aren’t even on the chopping block. :grin: I did plan in getting them anyways though. I’ve only preordered twice & once, which was the Mando Forge, shipped a week before release. So maybe if this increase hits them it won’t happen until they’re officially released. Worse comes to worse, if the increase is a lot I can always call & argue my case. 

2 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

But the leak on insta...consensus is it's not legit? 

I'd be incredibly surprised if it were real. It's just... off.

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Well, I took the chance. Now watch, those sets aren’t even on the chopping block. :grin: I did plan in getting them anyways though. I’ve only preordered twice & once, which was the Mando Forge, shipped a week before release. So maybe if this increase hits them it won’t happen until they’re officially released. Worse comes to worse, if the increase is a lot I can always call & argue my case. 

Lucky. I've pre-ordered Vader's castle (since sold it), the Razor Crest, the Bad Batch Shuttle, and none of those shipped early. I hope my BD-1 pre-order breaks that trend.

I'll also mention that I pre-ordered the dagobah diorama and cancelled it a week or two before May 1st so I could grab the promos. I even told customer service that was why, they were fine with it. (Though they acted all "we can't confirm if there are promos coming out for may the fourth"). IIRC you can cancel before it's in warehouse for any reason. If it ships and you realize you've been charged more, I'd hope they'd still let you cancel then too.

2 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

But the leak on insta...consensus is it's not legit? 

Yeah. To lay out the full case:

Account that leaked it hasn't been the source of any real leaks before

Image hasn't been reposted by any reliable or even semi-reliable leakers

Before posting this image, the account posted a zoomed in image of a fake-looking cody by the AT-TE Foot.

Leak uses clone wars trim and 332nd trooper, when the actual set will probably use the movie trim with Vader.

This one's more subjective, but the image looks to me more like it was pixelated digitally than just a blurry image. It looks too intentional of a pixilation rather than the standard potato leak quality.

Honestly, I don't see that the question of whether the image is real or not really signifies much given that it's like 100 pixels across and doesn't show anything we hadn't already heard. Regardless of its origins it doesn't contain any useful information.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:11 AM, jdubbs said:

Ah thank you.

Lego hadn't upped the prices of already released sets once that I remember but now they plan on doing it twice in one year, after they've just reported massive profits? Disturbing.

I was in a brick and mortar toy shop last week ( for the first time since the first COVID lockdown, if we exclude the Lego shop) and was impressed by the discounts, these price hikes will encourage me to not buy from Lego directly.

A 212th Trooper has leaked in the usual place :thumbup: The new helmet piece looks very similar to the current one! Can’t wait to see Cody

Glad the only change to the new helmet is adding holes for accessories. Everything else is identical otherwise which is great for keeping our clone armies consistent and not having to worry about the 2020-2022 figures looking outdated.

I'm so glad this new helmet is nigh-on identical mould-wise (print-wise I'd prefer a return to the previous live-action style). It looks like it's cut to not be perfectly round, presumably so the visor stays in place. I wonder if this means the rangefinder won't be compatible?

I do wish they had settled on a more live action accurate print for all the new clones. But they look good enough to me. It’s mostly the visor print that doesn’t quite look live actiony enough. But it’s not bad. I’m just glad we’re getting clones again

Still kind of prefer the old visor but the more animated one is better for consistency with the 501st/187th troopers. Overall looks great! Glad the helmet mold is 95% the same thing. 

Looks good, I share the want for a wider visor but given that we've got two/three legions in the 501st style already, I'm just glad for the consistency at this point.

So glad the helmet hasn’t changed that much, will help with consistency when army building. I wonder if this will act as a replacement to the old mould and if we’ll see the 501st and 187th figures’ helmets updated in future production runs? Here’s hoping we get a phase II shiny before they change the design again.