MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

JBSpielwaren is teasing a reveal in 5 hours *oh2* Lads, looks like we‘re getting a Danny Trejo minifig :excited:

*oh2* Where did you saw this? Couldn`t find anything on the website.

Starting tomorrow... NEW STAR WARS SETS COMING!!

Rancor are emotionally complex creatures.

With light speed to.. You know Machete? The Rancor Keeper?

Quotes from JB Spielwaren's Insta stories. Reveal in over 4 hours, 19 PM CET.

13 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

For the price, the N-1 Starfighter really needs something extra, and apart from being Mando's new ride, and a prequel call back, it's lacking. No silver pieces, no side build. I get that Lego wanted to include a jetpack, and that Mando can't fit in the cockpit wearing said jetpack, so it needs somewhere to be stored so it doesn't get lost under the sofa, but I think removing that storage compartment and shortening the length by about four studs would go a long way to improving the scale issues. At the moment the cockpit seems way too far back from the nose of the ship. The wings are lacklustre too - I don't have a problem with studs, but maybe some greebling or slopes to add contour, otherwise they stand out as a bit plain. The BD mould is something to get excited about, but that alone can't justify the high price. Anyway enough nitpicking, gonna save my money for the Horizon Forbidden West Tallneck instead :wink:

Maybe this is a wrong perception but I feel link TLG prices certain sets like recent battle packs, CW or Mando sets even higher than usual simply because folks buy them anyway. If the droid is cool enough for you than that extra tax is fine I guess but I feel like a smoother build (or something like more silver parts) or new Mando  pieces (jetpack, darksaber, helmet, face) would have been welcome.

A positive note: like last years Slave I, we seem to get sets at an appropriate date and not 1,5 years later (though Bobas palace would have been a perfect January release..).

Right, I’m disappointed with the N-1 Starfighter and I wish I wasn’t. Can people explain to me why they like it, and more importantly why I should like it?

The news of the Rancor is exciting!! 

Oh boy, I really hope we'll get a cheaper Rancor set. It was huge in the series, so it can be the size of a 40€ Iron Monger set - with Boba, Danny Trejo and a Gamorrean Guard or a Biker.

11 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Why on earth would you think a Star Wars forum wouldn't have people complaining about Star Wars? If people don't talk about aspects that they don't like, how would anything ever improve? That goes for any topic, not just Star Wars. Anything you aren't allowed to criticize isn't fandom, it's religion.

I’m fine with people having valid criticisms, but sharing them on a Lego forum hardly has any effect on “improvement”.

If you have legitimate criticisms that are potentially harmful real world ideas like how the Tuskens are portrayed and their fates, that’s a valid discussion. (Albeit not on a Lego forum) But if you just don’t like the look of speeder bikes that people are riding, just keep it to yourself. If it really ruins the show that much for you, just don’t watch it. Just because the creators have different tastes than you doesn’t mean you need to campaign for them to make different decisions. The creators are going to create their stories whether specific fans like it or not, and you can choose to engage with it or not. But because you didn’t like something don’t try to spread your negativity and ruin other people’s enjoyment of it.

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Starting tomorrow... NEW STAR WARS SETS COMING!!

Rancor are emotionally complex creatures.

With light speed to.. You know Machete? The Rancor Keeper?

Quotes from JB Spielwaren's Insta stories. Reveal in over 4 hours, 19 PM CET.

Trying not to get my hopes up too high, but if this is true, I’d be ecstatic. And if it’s being rumoured now, my guess is it’s the 3rd May set that we don’t know what it is (around $90 USD). 

24 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

I just hope if this Rancor set is legit, that it comes with Krrsantan

That’d be flippin’ amazing :wub: Not getting my hopes up yet

40 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Trying not to get my hopes up too high, but if this is true, I’d be ecstatic. And if it’s being rumoured now, my guess is it’s the 3rd May set that we don’t know what it is (around $90 USD). 

Which third May set are you talking about? 

I thought the only May sets were the quotes sets? 

1 hour ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I’m fine with people having valid criticisms, but sharing them on a Lego forum hardly has any effect on “improvement”.

If you have legitimate criticisms that are potentially harmful real world ideas like how the Tuskens are portrayed and their fates, that’s a valid discussion. (Albeit not on a Lego forum) But if you just don’t like the look of speeder bikes that people are riding, just keep it to yourself. If it really ruins the show that much for you, just don’t watch it. Just because the creators have different tastes than you doesn’t mean you need to campaign for them to make different decisions. The creators are going to create their stories whether specific fans like it or not, and you can choose to engage with it or not. But because you didn’t like something don’t try to spread your negativity and ruin other people’s enjoyment of it.

This is a forum and opinions are allowed. Please don't mini-mod.

22 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The set numbers escape me, but there’s a $90 and $40 set in May that no one currently knows the identities of. The $40 one is speculated to be the Death Star Trash Compactor quote set I believe. 

Edited by T21Typhoon

7 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The News thread lists 75339 as a $90 set that might release in May. I think there’s also a $40 mystery one as well if they go on the smaller side.

59 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Right, I’m disappointed with the N-1 Starfighter and I wish I wasn’t. Can people explain to me why they like it, and more importantly why I should like it?

The news of the Rancor is exciting!! 

I mean, if you don’t like it, you don’t like it.  It is what it is. I personally do like it, however, because I feel that the set looks like a fun, detailed build and does a good job at representing the ship. The set looks a bit messy but the ship was a cobbled-together hotrod built in a Tatooine garage. It works for me. I like that we’re getting some new characters as minifigs, and I’ve already decided to get every set from the Disney+ shows (besides the helmets) so I have to get this.

42 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

I just hope if this Rancor set is legit, that it comes with Krrsantan

If this happens, I’ll pretty much be content with with TBOBF sets and minifigs. (I want Lego Cobb Vanth but we’re definitely getting more of that character down the line so I’m not too worried about getting him ASAP. I still think his speeder is an easy $30 set Lego could throw into a random wave.) Mando’s N-1 and something with a Rancor were the only other things from the show besides the Palace that I could realistically see us getting as sets, and now we seem to be getting both.

I guess there’s those Vespas too, but I REALLY hope Lego doesn’t prioritize those over literally anything from Kenobi, Andor, The Bad Batch or Fallen Order. I didn’t particularly hate them as much as other people, but with so much Star Wars content coming out, TBOBF is probably the last property I’d want to see more than three sets for, especially an additional one with those meme vehicles.

22 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I guess there’s those Vespas too, but I REALLY hope Lego doesn’t prioritize those over literally anything from Kenobi, Andor, The Bad Batch or Fallen Order. I didn’t particularly hate them as much as other people, but with so much Star Wars content coming out, TBOBF is probably the last property I’d want to see more than three sets for, especially an additional one with those meme vehicles.

I suppose if LEGO wanted to make a Rancor set based on the final battle, they could include Mods, which would fill those missing Vespa slots if so desired.

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

37 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I suppose if LEGO wanted to make a Rancor set based on the final battle, they could include Mods, which would fill those missing Vespa slots if so desired.

That’s true, I guess they could throw in some Pykes for good measure for the Biker and Rancor to fight against. I don’t know how Lego Danny Trejo would factor in though.

Also on JB’s Instagram is the Kenobi poster, in between their two stories of their Rancor. Could mean we’re getting solid confirmation that we’re getting at least one set this summer. (Which was already a safe guess, I’m hoping for more than one though.)

Edited by The Stud

If ppl will keep buying sets like N1 for that! price, in 2 years it will cost $100. I do like the set, but extra $20?! C'mon! 

I wonder if the Rancor set is a retail exclusive and that's why we didn't know about it?  Presumably Fett's Palace + the N-1 are both March 1st releases from LEGO direct, June 1st for the general release, right?  It would make sense if they put the Rancor set out at the same time rather than wait until May, but I guess we'll see.

26 minutes ago, Citromon said:

If ppl will keep buying sets like N1 for that! price, in 2 years it will cost $100. I do like the set, but extra $20?! C'mon! 

Between inflation and just general LEGO prices, $60 makes sense for it, honestly. If it was $70+ US, I could see more issue, but $60 is about expected anymore. 

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

I want Lego Cobb Vanth but we’re definitely getting more of that character down the line so I’m not too worried about getting him ASAP. I still think his speeder is an easy $30 set Lego could throw into a random wave.

I just hope that if we do eventually get him in a set that he'll be in Boba's armour.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wow, what a disappointment... :jollyroger:

Yeah, it‘s just a custom they‘re offering as a GWP in their store :sadnew:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Both new sets are on the UK website - Boba's Throne Room is £89.99 & N-1 is £54.99.