Peppermint_M

Adventure Supplies: Parts from other themes for Adventurers!

4 minutes ago, Oky said:

The Adventurers treats keep on coming! Apparently this girl from the Ideas Orient Express is supposed to be Pippin Reed. She is not as recognizable as the new Kilroy or Johnny in my opinion since all the colors are a bit off. I think if they had made the hat white it would look a lot more like her, but the reference is appreciated nonetheless. 

This design works for her when she is not on an adventure, while this one is a better match for her classic design. 

To be honest I don't mind a new, more distinct look for Pippin/Gail Storm since in the original sets she mostly just shared the same headgear as Dr. Kilroy/Dr. Charles Lightning. And molded hair instead of hair merely printed on the face is always a plus in my book.

Edited by Lyichir

2 hours ago, Oky said:

The Adventurers treats keep on coming! Apparently this girl from the Ideas Orient Express is supposed to be Pippin Reed. She is not as recognizable as the new Kilroy or Johnny in my opinion since all the colors are a bit off. I think if they had made the hat white it would look a lot more like her, but the reference is appreciated nonetheless. 

Honestly that's a nice looking minifigure, and more than adequate for when Miss Reed is between adventures.

I had no interest in the Orient Express set but I definitely need to get my grubby paws on that minifigure!

I don't see it. :sceptic:

I liked the one from City a few years ago, she even had the right outfit. By adding the pith helmet with braided hair from the CMF series, that was perfect as a Pippin Reed.

3 hours ago, Oky said:

Apparently this girl from the Ideas Orient Express is supposed to be Pippin Reed.

I'm not sure if I can agree. I think the red hat seems a bit strange. I would admit that this is Gail Storm in the 1920s but not in a modern outfit. I'd like to see that minifig with the classic white pith helmet.

28 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

I liked the one from City a few years ago, she even had the right outfit. By adding the pith helmet with braided hair from the CMF series, that was perfect as a Pippin Reed.

Yes, I agree. I think I am more on your side.

22 minutes ago, The Reader said:

I would admit that this is Gail Storm in the 1920s but not in a modern outfit. I'd like to see that minifig with the classic white pith helmet.

It’s not meant to be modern. The set depicts the Orient Express at the height of its popularity (1930s) as you can tell by the outfits and technology like Pippin’s typewriter. 
I think she would look odd with the hairless old helmet (unless you use the old head as well), but maybe the CMF pith helmet could work. 

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

I agree too, that looked a lot more like her. 

I'm not seeing it either. While Johnny was very Johnny and Dr Kilroy has the face and colours to match his Himalayas appearance, this figure doesn't match any Pippin Reed/Gail Storm attire. You could argue it's sort of trying for the Jungle appearance with green swapped for teal and red swapped for dark red, but in that appearance she didn't have the red neckerchief.

I don't mind the use of the hat and I love getting that in a new colour combo, but they should've at least gone with standard green for the jacket.

Plus if that figure is supposed to be Pippin, the guy in brown with the moustache might as well be Harry Cane.

I'll be another one to say "I don't see it either." Still think the Safari Tourist is closer, though it would be nice if she had a unique face print.

But I'm sure that The Orient Express has lots of parts that would fit right in with The Adventurers theme.

According to @DuckBricks's report from a meeting in Billund this minifig is actually an official remake version of Gail Storm/Pippin Reed (starting at 3:04 min):

Well, then I have to get this minifig for my collection!

Edited by The Reader

That's rather surprising (and frankly a little disappointing) because there's not really anything recognisable about the figure. She's never worn that hat and the jacket would have made more sense being green like before instead of teal, a colour we've never seen her wear before. The legs are red which was what she wore but... they're just red.

The Johnny and Kilroy remakes are a lot more recognisable because of their distinguishing features: Johnny's moustache and expression along with his entire tan shirt with red neckerchief and rope slung over his shoulder; and then Kilroy's mutton chops and glasses and the jacket he wore during Orient Expedition.

If no one pointed out that it is a remake of Pippin I would not have guessed.

Edited by Autumn

5 hours ago, The Reader said:

According to @DuckBricks's report from a meeting in Billund this minifig is actually an official remake version of Gail Storm/Pippin Reed (starting at 3:04 min):

Oh I thought everyone already knew this from the get go that it wasn't fan speculation, given all of the LAN outlets immediately reported it along with the set reveal.

I would've actually been more surprised if fans has come up with the connection themselves, because the figure is so not reminiscent of Gail/Pippin :laugh:

If they know Adventurers is that big of a deal for fans, why don't they just release an Adventurers set? 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If they know Adventurers is that big of a deal for fans, why don't they just release an Adventurers set? 

Because it's really just a nostalgia thing anyway, and do people really want some big 18+ extra detailed Adventurers set, which is what it would be?

Peppering these Minifigures around are really just glorified easter eggs, similar to the ones LEGO has put in Ninjago City and the Monkie Kid City of Lanterns set referencing older themes, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

do people really want some big 18+ extra detailed Adventurers set, which is what it would be?

Y...yes?

2 hours ago, Autumn said:

Y...yes?

Same lol

@Clone OPatra maybe a remake of one of the Egypt sets? 

And if it sells well enough, they can release a remake of one of the Amazon sets and so if that also sells well enough then a remake of one Dino Island set and Orient Expedition

And if all of them sell well, then they gotta bring back the theme as a whole, right? A new subtheme  maybe like... Atlantis or something like that. 

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

do people really want some big 18+ extra detailed Adventurers set, which is what it would be?

Yesssss, they want! 😀

@Clone OPatra maybe a remake of one of the Egypt sets? 

And if it sells well enough, they can release a remake of one of the Amazon sets and so if that also sells well enough then a remake of one Dino Island set and Orient Expedition

And if all of them sell well, then they gotta bring back the theme as a whole, right? A new subtheme  maybe like... Atlantis or something like that. 

Egypt IMO is the most Iconic one of these, so it should be definitely that one. But I don´t see that happening as long as Indiana Jones is still out there.

As for bringing the theme back - I don´t see that happening anytime soon. It would be more likely they try to do an Adventures wave in City honestly.

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think that they will at some point soon (via the Icons Moments subtheme), considering that they know how popular the theme is with AFOLs. 

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Because it's really just a nostalgia thing anyway, and do people really want some big 18+ extra detailed Adventurers set, which is what it would be?

Do people really want some big 18+ extra detailed Castle or Space or Pirates set? (Yes, the answer is yes! Very much so!) 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

maybe a remake of one of the Egypt sets? 

I think that a Sphinx Secret Surprise remake (with a few extra vehicles) would be the perfect choice for an Icons Adventurers set! 

12 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I will join the choir singing “Yessssss”

5 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Egypt IMO is the most Iconic one of these, so it should be definitely that one. But I don´t see that happening as long as Indiana Jones is still out there.

As for bringing the theme back - I don´t see that happening anytime soon. It would be more likely they try to do an Adventures wave in City honestly.

Well Indiana Jones sets are …junky wiht bunch of stickers.  I want printed parts. 

I feel like Lego is willing to do an Adeventurer set while Indiana Jones set are till on shelves. We have Star Wars sets while Galaxy Explorer and soon another spaceship set. Sets in subtheme Moments will do better than staring an entire theme. 

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I think that a Sphinx Secret Surprise remake (with a few extra vehicles) would be the perfect choice for an Icons Adventurers set! 

Concur!

21 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Oh I thought everyone already knew this from the get go that it wasn't fan speculation, given all of the LAN outlets immediately reported it along with the set reveal.

No, this information unfortunately hadn't reached this subforum ... :sceptic:

I don't want to complain about that minifig but why isn't the torso (dark)green? And Gail Storm's original haircolour was brown, not dark orange.

On 11/16/2023 at 9:49 PM, Peppermint_M said:

:classic:

modern

On 11/17/2023 at 1:44 AM, Clone OPatra said:

the guy in brown with the moustache might as well be Harry Cane

Yes, why not?

13 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Umm yes please! :grin: While the Easter eggs are much appreciated, we want more than that! 

6 minutes ago, The Reader said:

No, this information unfortunately hadn't reached this subforum ... :sceptic:

I don't want to complain about that minifig but why isn't the torso (dark)green? And Gail Storm's original haircolour was brown, not dark orange.

Did you not see my post about this on the previous page? I reported on this based on @just2good’s video who was also at the LAN event where the designers revealed this info. 

Also, her hair always looked more dark orange to me, 

6 minutes ago, Oky said:

Did you not see my post about this on the previous page? I reported on this based on @just2good’s video who was also at the LAN event where the designers revealed this info.

Yes, I saw your post but wasn‘t aware that this was kind of an official information from the LAN.

Edited by The Reader

I guess I struck a nerve with that rhetorical question :laugh: Though it's no surprise that people reading a topic about Adventurers in a fan forum would indeed like an adult-oriented Adventurers set.

Still, I'd be surprised to see one any time soon. LEGO's classic Space, Castle and Pirates themes have broader appeal and extra decades of fans built up. I think sprinkling Adventurers nods around other sets is a clever strategy on LEGO's part.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

I guess I struck a nerve with that rhetorical question :laugh: Though it's no surprise that people reading a topic about Adventurers in a fan forum would indeed like an adult-oriented Adventurers set.

Still, I'd be surprised to see one any time soon. LEGO's classic Space, Castle and Pirates themes have broader appeal and extra decades of fans built up. I think sprinkling Adventurers nods around other sets is a clever strategy on LEGO's part.

I'll add to the army of those in favour! I get Pirates Castle and Space may have slightly wider appeal but the whole spirit of Adventure and Archaeology is very much alive. If this was to be a one-off set, I agree Egypt would be a good way to go. A great chance to bring back all the printed hieroglyphics pieces, plus CMF Egyptian parts and Pharoah's Quest Anubis figures... and a big opportunity to bring back the camel, which would have been a great addition to the Adventurers line. We can then talk about the Amazon follow-up after!