Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

CDC2 CMF: Ayrlego

Cedrica

51530535771_1488323a09_w.jpg 

Royal Knight Having forsaken loyalty to individual guilds, these knights guard the Royal family.

Spoiler

51654454064_cb5b7d4c46_w.jpg

Avalonia

51531463650_ec93981813_w.jpg

Ranger Equally comfortable on horse or deep in the forests, these warriors roam Avalonia bringing peace and justice.

51531463950_c23e3c92b2_w.jpg

Dryad Caretakers of the Avalonian forests, take care not to harm the ancient trees if you value your life.

51530536481_fbcca904f8_w.jpg

Centaur Deep in the forests, communities of centaurs shy away from outside contact.

Kaliphlin

51529737217_82217c318c_w.jpg

Desert Noble Cavalry On the Kaliphlini high tablelands, these noble cavalry have a reputation for battle matched only by that of their magnificent moustaches.

Spoiler

51594575950_f17442afb9.jpg

51531257044_77506ec5e5_w.jpg

Merchant's Bodyguard The fabled riches of the Kaliphlini spice merchants requires protection, and these master axemen are perfect for the role.

51530538236_0f4f368d94_w.jpg

Mummy Officer Death is no escape for service to the Desert King. Mummified officers command troops of the dead in his service.

Bonus Vignette:

Spoiler

51547720772_33cbac349d_z.jpg

Mitgardia

51530537716_084fb6ef84_w.jpg

Shield Maiden Did you believe the tales that the women of the north all have beards to rival their menfolk? Pfft, you know nothing Jon Snow.

51531256479_c92ac52503_w.jpg

Húskarl Loyal household warriors to petty lords and chiefs, these warriors are of the firm believe that the only thing better than a good battleaxe... is two good battleaxes...

51530783413_8b8faf996e_w.jpg

Frost Elf Elves don't just live in forests, the frozen wastelands offer a haven for fair folk of a more chilly disposition.

Nocturnus

51531255959_d5de2d8e60_w.jpg

Drow Warrior The less said about these dark elves, the better for all.

51531255774_1fdb254388_w.jpg

Fright Knight It's not just monsters to fear in Nocturnus, humans can be just as scary!

51531256174_7f83793b3d_w.jpg

Cyclops Warlord Amassing huge strength, but lacking hand to eye coordination, these not-so gentle giants can be loyal friends, or fearsome enemies...

Varlyrio

51529735347_361e0af88a_w.jpg

Assassin Shady business? Intricate intrigue? Varlyrian assassins are the best 'problem solvers' in the business. 

51531464435_d843bce067_w.jpg

Lionel Bravo Quick to insult, even quicker with a rapier, never offer insult to a Varlyrian lionel, especial a bravo. Actually, probably best not to attempt conversation and avoid eye contact....

51531255114_e09da93523_w.jpg

Mercenary Captain Varlyrian mercenaries are some of the best warriors money can buy, unless of course your opponent can pay more....

Overview

51531241164_c885cdca2d_z.jpg

I went with a more martial theme for my CMF. I was really inspired seeing all the great figures produced for this challenge. Some fantastic entries by all!

Great warriors!  The Royal Knight is a great take on classic heraldry.  Interesting variety of capes on each non-centaur figure.

My favs are Assassin, Frost Elf, Dryad, Centaur and Shield Maiden, but you made a great work in all of them!

Where is the Centaur torso from?

I love how you went with a cohesive warrior theme.  Some very cool combos, I think your Cedrican knight is one of my favorites, great bright colors and simple design.  Really cool assasin and fright knight too.

Great work!

My favorites are probably the dryad (always great to see that Jedi Consular head), the Shield Maiden, the Fright Knight, and the Desert Noble Cavalry (great parts all around; I especially like his shield and fez)!

Edited by socalbricks

Very solid entry! I like the figures on the front row in particular, plus the shield maiden! Btw, I didn't really get the comment on the second axe, until I saw it. Nicely done! :laugh:

Looks like the Mercenary Captain has been doing good business in the past; he's probably not the cheapest mercenary in town... :wink:

7 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Btw, I didn't really get the comment on the second axe, until I saw it. Nicely done! :laugh:

Me neither!

I really like all of these.  Some very nice combinations.  The Cedrica knight is great and I love the old school lego knight colors works well there.  The dryad, drow, elf, centaur, assasin, cyclops all look great hard to choose favorites from this selection.  

Thank you all. 

I'm going to make some small vignettes for some of my CMF - I'll add them to the post here rather than create new threads.

First up is the (slightly modified) Mummy Officer, complete with skeletal men-at-arms and horses drawing his chariot. 

51547720772_33cbac349d_z.jpg

Great entry, Ayrlego. The first one has such a classic look. Where/when is that torso and shield from? The Dryad is great! My favourite hands-down. The combo of the fez and cape makes a great hat. Shield maiden is nice - really clean look to it. Could be official!

Looking forward to more bonus vignettes.

6 hours ago, Eyrezer said:

Where/when is that torso and shield from?

Thanks! From the 1979 original castle line:

image.png.c2f1e0186cf5426fd847695df1545fb6.png

24 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Thanks! From the 1979 original castle line:

image.png.c2f1e0186cf5426fd847695df1545fb6.png

Wow! Before I was born. 😅

On 10/10/2021 at 7:03 PM, Eyrezer said:

Before I was born. 😅

Me too! (just)

Another Vignette, another Kaliphlini figure:

51594575950_f17442afb9.jpg

Awesome!  Great photography, and I love your overall sense of color.  You really tie the whole figure together in each picture.  Love the 1970s knight shield on the cedrica figure.  I haven't had much luck swapping arms on the old torsos like that without weakening or breaking them so I avoid it now.  The avalonian ranger has some great use of unusual parts, too.  Well done!

They look so great! Very neat combos, with an excellent choice of parts for each character! 

The Kaliphlini noble cavalryman looks especially classy, and his shield works wonderfully with his armor. And I absolutely love the cyclops, this is just the perfect helmet!

These are all great Ayrlego! :sweet:  The Dryad is definitely my favorite but the parts combos for the Shield Maiden, Cyclops Warrior, Assassin, and Mercenary Captain are fabulous too. :thumbup:

I can't believe the excellent condition of the Classic Castle torso and shield or that you pulled the arms out of the torso and put new ones in! *oh2*  I'd be way concerned about cracking that 42 year old torso!

Edited by mrcp6d

I love all your combos, but I especially love the vignettes. Even just a tiny square of terrain and a couple extra figs help flesh out this world so much more, it’s a really cool addition. I hope you manage to do it for all your series!

On 10/26/2021 at 3:28 PM, mrcp6d said:

I can't believe the excellent condition of the Classic Castle torso and shield or that you pulled the arms out of the torso and put new ones in! *oh2*  I'd be way concerned about cracking that 42 year old torso!

I honestly am not sure where I got the torso from. I never had them when I was young- I was a black falcons kid! And I acquired it pre-Bricklink. I can only assume I picked it up somewhere as a teenager.... I see a lot of comments about removing arms but to be honest, I have only ever had issues with some of the newer torsos, usually dark red ones. We changed arms all the times as kids in the 80s and 90s, and I don't ever recall it being an issue them!

51654454064_cb5b7d4c46_c.jpg

Probably my last vignette for a while as I have had to travel unexpectedly for work, I won't be back before Christmas but I hope that I will revisit this series on my return. I managed to get this last one photographed before leaving last week!