*Your entry has earned 12 xp*

1280x1288.jpg

Given the recent attacks on Muunilinst by state-sponsored mercenary forces, the Dantooine garrison of the Pentastar Patrol has been on high alert.
Captain Pavay walks the local farmsteads with a few patrol troopers (both of whom forego the full stormtrooper facemask, per garrison policy). He greets the farmers amicably and makes sure everyone is doing well, answering any questions and assuaging any concerns. The Captain has been walking this track for a number of weeks now; the farmers are happy enough to see the man, who in their eyes has become something of a local sheriff. 
While the Pentastar Alignment is, at its core, an Imperial Remnant, there are many among its ranks who seek to create the Empire as it should have been: a strong government protective of its citizens, providing for a grateful populace with the strong arm of justice. No less authoritarian, but precise, intelligent, and benevolent, not cruel or wasteful. Pavay is one of these "visionaries," a term used distastefully by certain members of the cabinet. Whatever their opinions, the loyal citizens he protects know they have nothing to fear. 

MORE PHOTOS

Spoiler

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x856.jpg

Notes: This was obviously designed as a hobbit hole, but it's a good chance to crosspost for Dantooine. It doesn't translate perfectly, but it works better than I thought! Hobbit architecture shares characteristics with the familiar traits of buildings in Star Wars, especially rounded doors and windows, and earth-toned walls.
Fun fact: this is all my green slopes and tiles. All of them! I have no more.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by goatman461

Space hobbithole! This honestly tranisisted pretty well from lotr to sw. The idea behind the PA is quite interesting, I always imagined it as the Empire 2.0, but your description of the one idealistic Captain and that they have different ideals and ethics than the Empire or the TT kind of changes that.

23 minutes ago, TalusMoonbreaker said:

Space hobbithole! This honestly tranisisted pretty well from lotr to sw. The idea behind the PA is quite interesting, I always imagined it as the Empire 2.0, but your description of the one idealistic Captain and that they have different ideals and ethics than the Empire or the TT kind of changes that.

Thanks! 
Yeah, I should stress that this is just my take on PA, and shouldn't be taken as representative of PA on the whole. I just like to imagine a subsection of them as the Lawful Neutral, Knightly Order kind of Empire. Still brutal, but with a weird bent of nobility. It's still very much patriarchal and, as the post says, authoritarian, but maybe a more honorable version of that than the typical evil Empire. (I'm sure PA has its fair share of evil Imperials too.)
The Fel Empire in the EU was sort of like that.

Edited by RocketBoy

Great work, I really lie the tie-in with LOTR and the tree and scenery are wonderful

1 hour ago, RocketBoy said:

Thanks! 
Yeah, I should stress that this is just my take on PA, and shouldn't be taken as representative of PA on the whole. I just like to imagine a subsection of them as the Lawful Neutral, Knightly Order kind of Empire. Still brutal, but with a weird bent of nobility. It's still very much patriarchal and, as the post says, authoritarian, but maybe a more honorable version of that than the typical evil Empire. (I'm sure PA has its fair share of evil Imperials too.)
The Fel Empire in the EU was sort of like that.

Yeah, I can see that. I really don’t know much about the different factions tbh.

wow it's very pretty, and the colors stand out well and I really like the atmosphere that gives the "house" with the style of the The Shire.

Nice build! The main tree looks really nice and the design for the homestead still fits well in the SW universe. There is the odd part of the landscape that feels slightly flat or abrupt but obviously few people have really large collections of green so it is about working with what you have. Overall a really nice build with some good use of colour

On 5/27/2021 at 11:21 PM, TalusMoonbreaker said:

they have different ideals and ethics than the Empire or the TT 

Just you wait till Factions 2.0 :wink:

"Somewhere, In a Galaxy Far Far Away, In a Hole in the Ground, There lived a Hobbit."

Does that mean there is a space Gollem too?

What a nice build.

Bilbo? Oh wait, wrong universe! Love how you added just the right element of Star Warsy stuff to make this fit.