Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Does anyone else’s Golden Idol set have some weird issues with the boulder getting stuck going down and resetting? I love the set, and this part works smoothly on occasion, but it seems like it sticks on something a lot. Anyone have any fixes?

On 9/30/2023 at 12:04 PM, Brickroll said:

Does anyone else’s Golden Idol set have some weird issues with the boulder getting stuck going down and resetting? I love the set, and this part works smoothly on occasion, but it seems like it sticks on something a lot. Anyone have any fixes?

I’ve had that, too. I’ve played around with the tightness of the axel and bushing, but haven’t found any obvious remedy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. 

TandNBricks did a Q&A, and when asked if this theme is returning in 2024, they said that “Indy is done for now.” It doesn’t come as much of a surprise, especially since we haven’t heard anything for a while. 

In the end, while this comeback was very short lived, it produced some amazing sets. I’m really happy with what we got. 

7 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

“Indy is done forever.”

FTFY :tongue: When they only half-megablocks the theme for the final film, why would they ever bring it back without one?

I still think D2C dioramas are possible in the future (the reception to the Idol temple was very, very strong, so if the sales back that up, I could see them doing more), especially since they've done stuff like Rivendell or the BTTF DeLorean without having a LoTR theme or any movies from that series happening right now, but as far as any system sets, I don't think we're ever getting any more.

Edited by Kit Figsto

12 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I still think D2C dioramas are possible in the future (the reception to the Idol temple was very, very strong, so if the sales back that up, I could see them doing more), especially since they've done stuff like Rivendell or the BTTF DeLorean without having a LoTR theme or any movies from that series happening right now, but as far as any system sets, I don't think we're ever getting any more.

I'll take whatever I can get at this point so I'd be satisfied with that, I only buy system sets but I'd make an exception for those if it was a great enough build.

RIP the best new theme of the year, gone but not forgotten.

The plane chase and tomb escape seriously might be two of the best licensed play-theme sets we’ve gotten in years, and the idol temple is absolute peak for the 18+ dioramas.

Here’s to hoping that Lego hears our cries and releases an 18+ grail temple or takes another swing at the temple of doom sometime in the next decade and a half.

11 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

The plane chase and tomb escape seriously might be two of the best licensed play-theme sets we’ve gotten in years, and the idol temple is absolute peak for the 18+ dioramas.

This is true! :thumbup: However, it‘s also true that this is BY FAR the biggest disappointment in my 24 years of collecting. No hyperbole. Nothing comes even close.

We had to wait for so long and then even an extra year, just for this wet fart of a „return“. I was expecting a proper return, not just 3 sets covering 2/5 films! :hmpf_bad: This is by far the biggest disservice they‘ve ever done to a major franchise. 

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This is true! :thumbup: However, it‘s also true that this is BY FAR the biggest disappointment in my 24 years of collecting. No hyperbole. Nothing comes even close.

We had to wait for so long and then even an extra year, just for this wet fart of a „return“. I was expecting a proper return, not just 3 sets covering 2/5 films! :hmpf_bad: This is by far the biggest disservice they‘ve ever done to a major franchise. 

Don’t forget canceling a set super far into production as well

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Don’t forget canceling a set super far into production as well

Well, I prefer to pretend the set never existed and the leaked picture was just a shared hallucination :tongue: Helps me sleep at night :head_back:

Honestly I have a hunch that LEGO's poor treatment of the Indy franchise this year (despite the excellent quality of the few sets we did receive) is a product of Disney's poor marketing of the new film. I don't think Disney has a good handle on the franchise, which could explain why the merchandise rollout was perplexingly uneven.

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

Johnny Thunder, anyone? :P

No. The corpse isn’t even cold and you’re already dancing on its grave :tongue: It’s bad enough the way they treated Indy, the last thing I need is for the theme to immediately be replaced by LEGO’s expy :hmpf_bad:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

On 10/18/2023 at 2:36 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Couldn't have said it better myself (though I've only been collecting for about 16 years, not 24 haha). I'd been awaiting for the theme to return for years and honestly, part of me would have preferred for it to remain dormant versus getting a half-a**ed attempt of a reboot. I don't know what disappointed me most: the cancellation and silence for the Temple of Doom, nothing made for the new film, lack of fanfare around the theme's return. The fact that all three sets we did get were so fantastic makes it so much worse.

I do want to try to recreate the cancelled Temple of Doom set someday. I'm sure someone will eventually reverse engineer it and put up instructions on Rebrickable, if someone hasn't already.

This whole Indy situation, Lego's recent pricing and some other factors really put a damper on the hobby for the first half of this year for me, and nearly drove me into a dark age. 

Edited by The Stud

@The Stud: I’m glad the theme came back, even though I’m still questioning the logic. Why put in all the effort, if it’s just for three sets that aren’t even tie-ins for the final movie? Why did they delay the sets by a year if DoD sets were never in the cards? :wacko: Why were Promobricks, who have an almost perfect track record, this wrong about the alleged other sets? And why the overall lack of fanfare? I mean the only real promotion came from Smyths Toys :shrug_oh_well: 

Sadly, these questions will likely never be answered. What’s clear now is that we can’t trust TLG anymore to always have tie-in products for upcoming movies, even for franchises they have the license for. And that TLG must hate Mads Mikkelsen’s guts :snicker: 

On 10/19/2023 at 10:46 AM, jjr_2009 said:

Honestly I have a hunch that LEGO's poor treatment of the Indy franchise this year (despite the excellent quality of the few sets we did receive) is a product of Disney's poor marketing of the new film. I don't think Disney has a good handle on the franchise, which could explain why the merchandise rollout was perplexingly uneven.

Yeah, a lot of this seems to be a license problem rather than a Lego problem. This is really the only time we've seen Disney try to market the brand on a wider scale since purchasing Lucasfilm, and it was clearly a mixed bag. Outside of Lego, there was only a few other toy lines like Funko Pops or some generic Hasbro toys. Given the degree of a box office bomb that DoD turned out to be, I think that's coming to an end now. The only other thing I can really see in the franchise's future is the upcoming Bethesda game, and even that won't get the reach that a movie would.

On 10/24/2023 at 3:07 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

No. The corpse isn’t even cold and you’re already dancing on its grave :tongue: It’s bad enough the way they treated Indy, the last thing I need is for the theme to immediately be replaced by LEGO’s expy :hmpf_bad:

Oh I know and I figured it was a bad joke. I love Indiana Jones but I do prefer non-licened adventure theme over licensed ones. I mean I love Adventurers theme and it is long gone since mid-2000s. I guess you can dance on Johnny Thunder’s grave as well. 

Is anyone planning to use the new detective hat from the leaked mini figure series for Henry Jones Sr? It’s not perfect but I think it’s closer than the old pith helmet piece is and makes me wonder …

10 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

Is anyone planning to use the new detective hat from the leaked mini figure series for Henry Jones Sr? It’s not perfect but I think it’s closer than the old pith helmet piece is and makes me wonder …

Good idea :thumbup: I am not so much a fan of the pith helmet because of the stud on top (looks so big). The detective's hat may work well!

klockinews.pl/zapowiedzi-lego-2024-jakie-zestawy-dostaniemy/

On this site they say that sets 77016-77019 that should've been released in 2023 are being delayed to 2024.

11 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

klockinews.pl/zapowiedzi-lego-2024-jakie-zestawy-dostaniemy/

On this site they say that sets 77016-77019 that should've been released in 2023 are being delayed to 2024.

No way. They probably just assume the sets got delayed :tongue: For all we know, they never existed.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

On 11/9/2023 at 8:41 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

No way. They probably just assume the sets got delayed :tongue: For all we know, they never existed.

For anyone who sees the hyperlink in the quote and immediately wants to click it, it doesn't go to a website, the forum software is just assuming the set numbers are actually a phone number.

Some poor bloke might end up getting a load of phone calls and be confused when people think he's Lego Indiana Jones 2024 sets.

On 11/10/2023 at 4:46 PM, Alexandrina said:

For anyone who sees the hyperlink in the quote and immediately wants to click it, it doesn't go to a website, the forum software is just assuming the set numbers are actually a phone number.

Some poor bloke might end up getting a load of phone calls and be confused when people think he's Lego Indiana Jones 2024 sets.

Lol I literally just clicked it 😅

I got the plane chase set a while ago and only just built it this weekend. Very fun building, the car especially is bigger and so much more complex than I expected, I love all the different parts used and how it all comes together to create the classic car shape. Excellent use of the 3x3 round tile for the spare wheel, but they could have added detail to it with with a sticker. 

Is there any MOC's about this set: LEGO Indiana Jones 77015 ?

I would like to make a whole new module, now there is 3 modules.