Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

It will certainly be a race against time for the movie to come out before its star dies of old age...

I know it‘s just a joke, but have you seen Ford recently? That guy is RIPPED. Being a 79 year old in 2022 is not the same thing as being 79 20 years ago :tongue:

Btw, how come we still don‘t have a release date for the sets yet? They’re still undated, even on the 2023 set list that promobricks published yesterday :shrug_confused:

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Btw, how come we still don‘t have a release date for the sets yet? They’re still undated, even on the 2023 set list that promobricks published yesterday :shrug_confused:

The only thing I can think off is that they haven't agreed on a release date internally but that wouldn't make any sense considering that 2023 is a few months away.I guess we will hear more news soon enough.

Edited by Pulp Detective

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I know it‘s just a joke, but have you seen Ford recently? That guy is RIPPED. Being a 79 year old in 2022 is not the same thing as being 79 20 years ago :tongue:

Maybe they are still unsure because of the release date shift.

Note that they still have The Marvels set as January 1st, but it's definitely getting delayed to May or June, while they don't have a release date for the Quantumania set, even tho it's probably releasing January 1st.

LotR is coming back,Bionicle is coming back and we have yet to hear any news regarding this theme.Hopefully this changes soon or else I'll start thinking we have an internal delay.

Wait a sec, what's this about Bionicle?
Edit, saw the Instagram post. Obviously off-topic for this thread, no need to reply.

Edited by icm

40 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

LotR is coming back,Bionicle is coming back and we have yet to hear any news regarding this theme.Hopefully this changes soon or else I'll start thinking we have an internal delay.

We've already heard a lot of news — eight set numbers, three detailed descriptions, and the fact that both the Winter and Summer 2023 waves consist of four sets — the former being based on previous movie, and the latter on the new one.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We've already heard a lot of news — eight set numbers, three detailed descriptions, and the fact that both the Winter and Summer 2023 waves consist of four sets — the former being based on previous movie, and the latter on the new one.

Things is we don't know when the first wave will drop. We all hope for a January release but you never know. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It should be April 2023 

Huh, so when will the second wave release, seeing as the movie premieres in July? 

June? May?

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Huh, so when will the second wave release, seeing as the movie premieres in July? 

June? May?

June I think? But don’t quote me on that 

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

June I think? But don’t quote me on that 

All right, good to know.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

On 10/3/2022 at 4:08 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

It should be April 2023 

Yeah, pretty much what I expected :sceptic: So we‘ll be waiting for quite a while before hearing more news!

Since we didn't get any news from D23, I wonder if the February Toy Fair (I forget if that's New York or Nuremberg?) would be when they might unveil a set.  That seems like a really good opportunity to show one of the large sets based off of the original movies, since it won't have any spoilers and will get people excited about the theme's return.  Then again, I don't remember if they even have the Toy Fair anymore, and if LEGO still unveils sets at it or not.

On 10/3/2022 at 9:09 PM, Pulp Detective said:

Indiana Jones, LotR, Bionicle.

Just when I swore off LEGO, the b*stards pulled me back in!

Now I just want a new underwater-adventure theme, mining-adventure theme, and an original space theme, then they're golden.

19 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

Now I just want a new underwater-adventure theme, mining-adventure theme, and an original space theme, then they're golden.

But what if those themes are kept as single set GWPs like Bionicle? We are lucky enough to be getting Indy as a full theme but it seems others might not go the same route (just me speculation). :pir-cry_sad:

I was reading here and i just spotted the “Bionicle” word mentioend a few times here. 

I was like. …”WHAT AM I READING?”

Is it true that it’s coming back? Or is it a joke?

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I was reading here and i just spotted the “Bionicle” word mentioend a few times here. 

I was like. …”WHAT AM I READING?”

Is it true that it’s coming back? Or is it a joke?

It's not a joke! It's a GWP: Thread here

On 10/3/2022 at 4:08 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

It should be April 2023 

I’m okay with this, it gives me more time to save up with some of the other purchases I’ll likely be making early next year.

Empire Magazine is teasing a world exclusive reveal tomorrow for something adventure related.

Potentially some first looks at the new Indy film - usually this happens around the time of a trailer release - also hopefully a first look at the sets from the revived theme.

43 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sure hope so! I‘m so starved for news, I‘d be happy just with a title reveal :laugh:

LMAO imagine if it's just Indiana Jones or Indy, like the logos we've seen :tongue:

(But yeah, it's definitely gonna be a subtitle.)

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sure hope so! I‘m so starved for news, I‘d be happy just with a title reveal :laugh:

I've still got my money on Indiana Jones and the Race against Time. If time-travel really is involved, the name is just perfect.

But here are some other possibilities:

Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth -potential artifact

Indiana Jones and the End of the Line  -since it's the last one

Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Chronal Bell  -die glocke rumors

Indiana Jones and the Last Ride  -alternate for since it's the last one, though I prefer End of the Line.

Edited by Mandalorianknight