Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

An Adventurers theme with the range of colours and bricks available nowadays would be wonderful! I also agree with the comment that they aren't tied down to Indy plots so could therefore explore other environments (I always hoped we see Johnny Thunder and Dr Kilroy racing to the South Pole or some sort of Ancient Greek theme). Also, the jungle themes would be much better nowadays with the availability of plants, animals.

I prefer environments over vehicles, so getting something like Desert/Jungle Temple/Cave set again would be awesome.

A large brick built propellor airplane like the Peru set would be nice too if they had to pick one of the aircraft.

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

An Adventurers theme with the range of colours and bricks available nowadays would be wonderful! I also agree with the comment that they aren't tied down to Indy plots so could therefore explore other environments (I always hoped we see Johnny Thunder and Dr Kilroy racing to the South Pole or some sort of Ancient Greek theme). Also, the jungle themes would be much better nowadays with the availability of plants, animals.

Maybe Disney will let Lego do original stuff with Indy. 

Edited by Mr No

11 hours ago, Mr No said:

Me too, I plan to get a lot of JW sets, but Indy and Avatar 2 will be the first themes where I get all the sets. 

Same here, I’ve gotten whole subthemes and waves before but never a whole theme, though I have gotten close with The Lego Ninjago Movie and some other lines.

I’d say hopefully we get a new Lego Indiana Jones game as I loved the original two (especially the first one) growing up, but considering the dubious state of TT Games and the constant delays of The Skywalker Saga, that may be a bit of a pipe dream. Another pipe dream would be getting sets based on the new video game whenever that comes out but Lego is very picky as to what video games can get sets. (Cough, Overwatch but not Jedi: Fallen Order, cough.)

To me, the sets that would probably be in highest demand are a remake of the truck chase and a remake of the Raiders intro temple.  Those are probably two of the most quintessential scenes that have enough action to warrant a set, and have been proven to be feasible as sets that, in all honesty, still hold up to this day.  

I would love to see a Grail Temple, but I'm worried that between the Raiders temple, the Temple of Doom, and the Grail Temple, we'd only get one, and I think the Raiders one would be the most popular.  

The other limiting thing is that Temple of Doom only has so many viable sets, since about 75% of the movie takes place in one location.  Realistically, the Shanghai car chase, the Temple of Doom itself, and the bridge battle are pretty much the only viable sets.  My worry is that if they do the Raiders temple, then the ToD won't happen, so then they'd have to probably do the bridge battle at about $20.  I think that'd be a great set, but it would likely limit the possibility of any other $20 sets, such as the motorcycle chase, which would also be great to get.  

59 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

To me, the sets that would probably be in highest demand are a remake of the truck chase and a remake of the Raiders intro temple.  Those are probably two of the most quintessential scenes that have enough action to warrant a set, and have been proven to be feasible as sets that, in all honesty, still hold up to this day.  

I would love to see a Grail Temple, but I'm worried that between the Raiders temple, the Temple of Doom, and the Grail Temple, we'd only get one, and I think the Raiders one would be the most popular.  

The other limiting thing is that Temple of Doom only has so many viable sets, since about 75% of the movie takes place in one location.  Realistically, the Shanghai car chase, the Temple of Doom itself, and the bridge battle are pretty much the only viable sets.  My worry is that if they do the Raiders temple, then the ToD won't happen, so then they'd have to probably do the bridge battle at about $20.  I think that'd be a great set, but it would likely limit the possibility of any other $20 sets, such as the motorcycle chase, which would also be great to get.  

They could do more later. 

9 hours ago, The Stud said:

Same here, I’ve gotten whole subthemes and waves before but never a whole theme, though I have gotten close with The Lego Ninjago Movie and some other lines.

I’d say hopefully we get a new Lego Indiana Jones game as I loved the original two (especially the first one) growing up, but considering the dubious state of TT Games and the constant delays of The Skywalker Saga, that may be a bit of a pipe dream. Another pipe dream would be getting sets based on the new video game whenever that comes out but Lego is very picky as to what video games can get sets. (Cough, Overwatch but not Jedi: Fallen Order, cough.)

Indiana Jones are probably my favorite movies ever, I hope the theme will live on for a long time a Disney will continue the franchise with a animated show (and perhaps prequel films with a younger Indy, I don't mind a new actor). 

A bit late to all this as I just saw it, these are amazing news (if they're to be completely true in the end)! I have been waiting far too long (we all have :grin:) for this theme to return. 

Might be thinking ahead of things, but I hope there will be a possibilty of another wave after this upcoming one. :pir-thumb:

I have fond memories of the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis video game for DOS from 1992, moreso then the movies actually.

56 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Might be thinking ahead of things, but I hope there will be a possibilty of another wave after this upcoming one. :pir-thumb:

If the theme's coming back this year, there 100% will be at least another wave next year. Or do you expect them to randomly bring back the theme without taking the opportunity to release sets on the upcoming 5th film? :wink: I'm still amazed they didn't delay all of the sets. To me, this indicates they must be pretty confident

The bigger question is now when should we expect the sets to release, I guess July or August. I hope we get a set list soon and more confirmations from more leakers. I hope the biggest set is a Temple of Doom remake, I doubt we will get Akator BUT if the theme continues beyond the 5th movie, I think they will do it. 

15 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Or do you expect them to randomly bring back the theme without taking the opportunity to release sets on the upcoming 5th film?

To be honest, I was expecting the theme to show up in 2023 as the film is scheduled for release around that time for now. It is quite a surprise for me that it's coming back earlier (definitely not complaining).

I was referring to there being a chance of another wave which includes classic stuff, along with the 5th film sets. :pir-devil:

1 hour ago, Jack Sassy said:

To be honest, I was expecting the theme to show up in 2023 as the film is scheduled for release around that time for now. It is quite a surprise for me that it's coming back earlier (definitely not complaining).

I was referring to there being a chance of another wave which includes classic stuff, along with the 5th film sets. :pir-devil:

I think it's likely, if the sets sell (which I bet they will sell like crazy). 

Holy smokes, I am beyond excited for this reboot. I played the Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine PC game growing up, in addition to loving the movies. I got zero sets during the theme's initial release. If this news is true (I'll believe it when I see a couple more leakers verify - no offense, just trying to tether my excitement), I think I'll be getting every one of them.

Yesterday I finally saw this rumor being shared on Instagram, so why is that other big leakers like Falcon Fan still ignore it? I guess that they wait for some more reliable source right?

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Yesterday I finally saw this rumor being shared on Instagram, so why is that other big leakers like Falcon Fan still ignore it? I guess that they wait for some more reliable source right?

@Hoth Rebel confirmed it's happening. I talked with Falconfan, he doesn't want to comment on it, yet. I guess he needs more info on it or he thinks it's too soon to talk about it, or he doesn't know yet if it's legit happening. 

Edited by Mr No

4 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

Hopefully this year they will focus on the 4 previous movies. 

Indiana Jones 5 is coming in Summer 2023, so obviously they won't release sets based on it.

Rumours say that they'll focus on the trilogy.

Remake of Lego Indy videogame with all 5 movies would be also great. In case of sets I hope this time we get all main villains and maybe even CMF to get all kinds of variants.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Indiana Jones 5 is coming in Summer 2023, so obviously they won't release sets based on it.

Rumours say that they'll focus on the trilogy.

Fingers crossed they'll remake 7623. 

Excellent news. It’s occurred to me as well that there’s still a lot of characters they didn’t make in the original run. Sallah, Brody, Toht, Walter Donovan. Even the Belloq figure just reused the Draco Malloy headpiece. Lots of potential for new stuff.

Wow, I'm so happy to hear this. This is my dad's favourite movie series. I still have some old sets broken up from when I was a child. I can't wait to see the pictures.

I'm very excited for this as an AFOL and fan of the movies, but I wonder what kind of approach they'll take with them. Will they do a couple of sets aimed at 18+, make them very detailed and displayable, or go for something simpler and play-based for children? But are children fans of the movies? It might be hard to get a lot of interest before the new movie launches in 2023.

Either way, fun to see what they come up with.

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I'm very excited for this as an AFOL and fan of the movies, but I wonder what kind of approach they'll take with them. Will they do a couple of sets aimed at 18+, make them very detailed and displayable, or go for something simpler and play-based for children? But are children fans of the movies? It might be hard to get a lot of interest before the new movie launches in 2023.

Either way, fun to see what they come up with.

From what I heard it's 6 sets, for kids. Like Star Wars or Marvel, 8+ or 9+. I think everyone saw Indiana Jones. 

Edited by Mr No

It’ll definitely be interesting to see Indiana Jones products on store shelves again. I was only like five or six when Crystal Skull came out but I distinctly remember a lot of the merchandise for that movie. For some reason, I always imagined a Lego Indy theme revival to be exclusive to Lego Stores/online, sorta like Monkie Kid but moreso for adults. Glad to see that I was wrong!

7 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Excellent news. It’s occurred to me as well that there’s still a lot of characters they didn’t make in the original run. Sallah, Brody, Toht, Walter Donovan. Even the Belloq figure just reused the Draco Malloy headpiece. Lots of potential for new stuff.

That’s a great point I hadn’t even thought about. Indiana Jones has some great supporting characters but we only got like half of ’em last time around. If this rumor pans out, then this might be the Lego thing that excited me the most this year. It’ll definitely make up for my disappointment about the movie being delayed yet again to 2023 at least.