MKJoshA

Wishlist: Future Star Wars Sets and Minifigures

On 11/20/2022 at 7:56 PM, Llewop said:

As great as Andor has been I feel like the only kind of Lego worthy set outside of like maybe a battle pack or two could be a heist set (similar to the solo) set and Lutherns ship which could throw in the ISB officer (forgot her name) 

Actually now we’ve had the finale their is potential for a few more sets. Hope Lego do because the series deserves it can’t wait for season 2

Here are the two most likely Andor sets I can see Lego making:

Imperial Ferrix Patrol Battle Pack ($20): The build would be that new Imperial speeder with the cannon that showed up in the finale. They could also do some crates or Ferrix scenery as side builds if necessary. Figures would be one Stormtrooper, one Imperial Officer in black uniform with the cape (New!) and two Imperial Army Troopers with riot batons and shields (New!).

Luthen Rael’s Haulcraft ($170): The build would include all of the details and bells and whistles you’d expect. I imagine the model would be comparable in size to Cad Bane’s Justifier. Minifigures could include Luthen Rael, Cassian in another outfit (New!), Mon Mothma (New!), Kleya (New!), Bix (New!), Dedra Meero (New!) and a build for B2-EMO.

Unless Lego has another battle pack in 2023, we could potentially see this hypothetical one in early 2024 and Luthen’s Ship could be a set anytime in the next two years.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

Here are the two most likely Andor sets I can see Lego making:

Imperial Ferrix Patrol Battle Pack ($20): The build would be that new Imperial speeder with the cannon that showed up in the finale. They could also do some crates or Ferrix scenery as side builds if necessary. Figures would be one Stormtrooper, one Imperial Officer in black uniform with the cape (New!) and two Imperial Army Troopers with riot batons and shields (New!).

Luthen Rael’s Haulcraft ($170): The build would include all of the details and bells and whistles you’d expect. I imagine the model would be comparable in size to Cad Bane’s Justifier. Minifigures could include Luthen Rael, Cassian in another outfit (New!), Mon Mothma (New!), Kleya (New!), Bix (New!), Dedra Meero (New!) and a build for B2-EMO.

Unless Lego has another battle pack in 2023, we could potentially see this hypothetical one in early 2024 and Luthen’s Ship could be a set anytime in the next two years.

I would also like B2EMO as a buildable figure. 

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

This is a great figure selection but personally I think it would be wasted opportunity if they made this set without including Saw Gerrera (and possibly Two Tubes). 

Definitely agree on Saw Gerrera and Two Tubes. They've both appeared in too much media now that it would be a waste not to include them if given the chance.

We're definitely due for a new Mon Mothma figure as well, but I'm a bit torn on getting an Andor version. It would be nice to have as an alternate variant of her, but if its going to be another decade of her being a one-and-done release I'd rather get an updated ROTJ/Rogue One version since that's her more iconic look.

On 11/25/2022 at 9:51 PM, The Stud said:

Honestly I think we could swap the Stormtrooper for another Army Trooper.

Also I'd love to see some sort of set based on the Imperial facility on Aldhani (maybe a gate) with Imperial Officers, Army Troopers and Aldhani rebels.

Another one would be the ISB conference room with ISB Supervisor Dedra Meero, ISB Major Partagaz and one random ISB officer with two security personnel and a round table build.

Also, since we once again saw Shoretroopers in Andor it would be awesome to get them back in Lego along with the K-2SO style droids.

I think we could get at least six sets out of Andor. People have already mentioned the Haulcraft. I think we can definitely expand on that.

Raid on Aldanni ($20) Includes underwater scooter, small imperial control panel, and three Minifigures

• Vel Sartha (wetsuit)
  • Cinta Kaz (wetsuit)
  • Imperial Army Trooper

Aldhani Battle Pack ($30) Some sort of small imperial vehicle build and four Minifigures

• Lieutenant Gorn
  • 3 Imperial Army Troopers

Mon Mothma's speeder ($40) Include's Mon Mothma's blue speeder and three Minifigures

• Mon Mothma
  • Kloris (Mon Mothma's driver)
  • Kleya Marki

Escape from Narkini 5 ($50) Scenery build depicting prison workroom, elevator, command room, and armory.

• Cassian Andor (prison outfit)
  • Melshi (prison outfit)
  • Kino Loy
  • Narkina 5 prison guard

Partisan X-wing ($80)

• Saw Gerrera
  • Benthic "Two Tubes"
  • Astromech Droid
  • Major Partagaz

Heist on Aldhani ($100) Includes Max-7 Rono Freighter, cargo pallets, and four Minifigures 

• Cassian Andor (Aldhani disguise)
  • Arvel Skeen (Aldhani disguise)
  • Karis Nemik (Aldhani disguise)
  • Commandant Jayhold Beehaz

Luthan Rael's Haulcraft ($170)

• Luthan Rael
  • Cassian Andor
  • Syril Karn (Civilian disguise)
  • Dedra Meero
  • Bix Caleen
  • Brasso
  • B2-EMO

On 12/22/2022 at 7:22 AM, Zap Rowsdower said:

I think we could get at least six sets out of Andor. People have already mentioned the Haulcraft. I think we can definitely expand on that.

Some nice ideas here, enjoyed reading. 

So, I’ve compiled all the relevant summer info thus far. It is as followed: 

75358 $39.99, 4+, 

75360 $34.99, 253 pieces 

75363 $14.99, 88 pieces

75364 (September)

75365 $159.99, 1067 pieces 

75366 $44.99

75368 $14.99

75370 138 pieces

75371 (September) $199.99

My observations: 

1. 63,68,70 - I think these will be of the same type as they’re most likely all $14.99. 

Hence, we either have minifigure packs (with adjusted relevant numbers unlike last year), a new sub series, or the mechs seen in Marvel especially. 

2. I predict the September sets will be Mando S3/Ahsoka. 

3. 75365 is the Justifier of this wave. It screams Luthen Rael’s ship completely. 

4. 4+ set - I predict this to be from TLJ (the previous 3 4+ has been ESB, TFA, ROTJ). I think a Kylo Ren set. 

5. 75360 + 75366 ($34.99 + $44.99) I think will either be Clone Wars or ROTJ. 

Listed is a total of 9 sets. I HIGHLY doubt Lego releases anymore, unless the new $14.99 sets will encourage Lego to do more (I doubt). 

Sadly, I predict no Gunship, and for that matter, I predict a really lacklustre wave. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Just one observation that people seem to keep leaving out.  75366 is likely the 2023 Advent Calendar.  They went up in price for 2022, and the release date makes sense.

Cheers :)

26 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

3. 75365 is the Justifier of this wave. It screams Luthen Rael’s ship completely. 

Honestly I'm not sure if Andor appeals enough to kids to get a wave flagship second set, especially compared to the other shows coming out. I could be wrong though, as the Cantwell scene looks to be make to keep the kids engaged who found the character interactions boring. 

9 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

Honestly I'm not sure if Andor appeals enough to kids to get a wave flagship second set, especially compared to the other shows coming out. I could be wrong though, as the Cantwell scene looks to be make to keep the kids engaged who found the character interactions boring. 

I’ll add 75366 has been confirmed as an advent calendar. 

Yeah fair point. Can’t think of another set at that price point though, unless it’s a sail barge or something 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Listed is a total of 9 sets. I HIGHLY doubt Lego releases anymore, unless the new $14.99 sets will encourage Lego to do more (I doubt). 

Sadly, I predict no Gunship, and for that matter, I predict a really lacklustre wave. 

Falconfan’s stated that these numbers we’ve gotten so far aren’t everything we’re getting next summer. It’d be very underwhelming if this was it (though also far more affordable I suppose).

As someone who was in the “Luthen’s Ship in 2023” camp, I’m thinking that it’s more likely we get that in 2024 as an “18+” set when Season 2 releases. I agree with @ForgedInLego that Andor probably wasn’t popular enough with the kiddos to warrant getting a flagship set, but I could easily see it getting similar treatment to Marvel’s Benatar from last year, or even the 2019 Tantive IV, which was essentially a playset.

I’ve mentioned in the other thread that I think it would be too soon to expect a $160 set from Ahsoka or Skeleton Crew, especially since the latter likely won’t release until later on that year anyway. I still think there’s still a *chance* that it could be my picks of the Gunship or even The Mantis, but otherwise I think it may be something from ROTJ (likely either the Sail Barge or my Battle of Endor prediction) or another large-but-overpriced Bad Batch set like The Justifier. (Perhaps Crosshair’s Shuttle?)

I definitely would prefer either of the first two but I wouldn’t be heartbroken if one of those options panned out either. I know that I’ll probably end up just buying some custom minifigures and Bricklinking the parts for that Mantis model I found on Rebrickable if Lego doesn’t get around to making it next year.

Edited by The Stud

24 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Falconfan’s stated that these numbers we’ve gotten so far aren’t everything we’re getting next summer. It’d be very underwhelming if this was it (though also far more affordable I suppose).

Did he? 

As far as I was/am concerned, he said “more info to come”. So I took that as we’d know maybe set names of these set numbers soon. 

47 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Did he? 

As far as I was/am concerned, he said “more info to come”. So I took that as we’d know maybe set names of these set numbers soon. 

He said "this isn't everything" in his original post of set numbers, which I took to mean that there's other sets coming. Getting additional information like names and piece counts sooner or later would already be implied. Otherwise, this wave is just a lot smaller than a lot of the recent summer waves which feels odd to me, especially with all of these anniversaries and new content releasing in 2023.

33 minutes ago, The Stud said:

He said "this isn't everything" in his original post of set numbers, which I took to mean that there's other sets coming. Getting additional information like names and piece counts sooner or later would already be implied. Otherwise, this wave is just a lot smaller than a lot of the recent summer waves which feels odd to me, especially with all of these anniversaries and new content releasing in 2023.

He added a few extra set numbers in the most recent post though. 

It isn’t smaller though. There’s 9 sets, they’re just cheaper. Numerically it’s the same! 

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

He added a few extra set numbers in the most recent post though. 

It isn’t smaller though. There’s 9 sets, they’re just cheaper. Numerically it’s the same! 

Huh, interesting. Well, hopefully the $15 sets are decent then!

Less of a wishlist, more of a place for me to speculate:

With regards to the $15 sets, we now know that there are four with the same package size and the following piece counts:

75363 - {Unknown} / $15 / 88 Pieces / 6+ 

75368 - {Unknown} / $15 / 139 Pieces / 6+ 

75369 - {Unknown} / 155 Pieces / 6+ ($15?) 
75370 - {Unknown} / 138 Pieces / 6+ ($15?) 

Now, on one hand, it makes sense that these four are some sort of new line, similar to planets or microfighters.  However, what's odd is that 75363 has 50 fewer pieces, and is numbered differently, rather than ending in 67 or 71.  So, this prompted some digging:

- I went through all of the SW battle packs that have been released, and every single time that they released multiple BPs at once, the numbering was concurrent.  The only time the numbering gets skipped is when they put out a single BP (like the Snowtroopers and the upcoming Clones).

- With the microfighters, they also are numbered concurrently when released at the same time, with one exception.  In January of 2019, we got 75223 (Naboo N-1 Starfighter), 75224 (Sith infiltrator) and 75228 (Dewback vs. Escape Pod), which obviously skips numbers, but is most likely explained by the fact that it's two single ships ($10) vs. a two pack ($20).  This pattern also happened with the 2021 Millenium Falcon and the AT-AT vs. Tauntaun, but the Falcon was a January release while the two pack was a March release, so I'm not going to count it.  

- With the planets, we only got two waves of them (albeit large ones), and all of them had consecutive numbers.

- The buildable figures appeared to use a different numbering system entirely, so the entire thing was uninterrupted and all numbered in order.

- The action battles sets had two numbers that didn't match up, but they were also priced differently.

So, that said, I'm not entirely convinced that these four go together.  They really seem to like to group things together by number when they're part of the same series and released at the same time.  The only exception here is if the price is different.  I assume that the price of 69 and 70 is an educated guess, but it seems very safe given that the box is the same size as the others, and the piece counts are clearly in line with 75368.

What does this mean?  Well, nothing really, until we get more info.  However, it seems PLAUSIBLE that perhaps 75369 and 75370 are indeed part of a new series (which is why the set numbers weren't part of the initial group of numbers that we got), and that, at the very least 75363, as well as POSSIBLY 75368 are just two $15 sets that coincidentally happen to be in the same wave (which is why we got their set number first).  The reason that I suggest 68 isn't part of it is because an odd number for a series seems a little bit strange, though it could definitely happen.

Anyway, this is probably not even correct and I'm just way over-analyzing nothing, but it is interesting to me that 75363 is both an outlier in piece count and in terms of numbering. 

It could be that 75363 is some sort of minifigure pack (which would explain the lower piece count), whereas the other three are some sort of series?

6 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

With regards to the $15 sets, we now know that there are four with the same package size and the following piece counts:

I like this work. 

However, it misses the crucial point that these price points are never released in the summer. 

Kind of going off the summer wave here. I would LOVE to see a Geonosis wave; kind of like what we had in 2013. LEGO could release a bunch of clone and droid sets but an important part to me are the Jedi and Villain minifigs.

If LEGO were to release a bunch of Geonosis sets like they did almost 10 years ago, they could include exclusive Jedi minifigures; characters that we would have no reason to see otherwise. We already got this out of some of the sets in the wave back in 2013 with the Homing Spider Droid, which included Stass Allie, and the AT-TE with Coleman Trebor.

Another reason why this would be great for fans is that we would likely get an updated Count Dooku, Jango Fett, Poggle the Lesser, rerelease Geonosisians, and have an opportunity to see a highly requested figure: Wat Tambor. If LEGO figures out how to make Super Battle Droids again, this would be the perfect time to release them.

We would also get some cool Separatist and Republic vehicles that we haven’t seen in years. They could remake the gunship, AT-TE (as I’m assuming this is a few years down the line, maybe 2027 for AOTC 15th anniversary), homing spider droid, hailfire droid, droid gunship, MTT (ik it wasn’t at the first battle of Geonosis but let a man dream), AAT, a Venator, clone command station (it’s actually big, look at the one by BrickVault), droid factory, Geonosis Arena sets, Padme’s ship, Jango’s Slave 1 and the Droid Lucrehulk are just some of the ideas I have.

They could also do cool dioramas like the Anakin, Obi-Wan, & Yoda vs Count Dooku fight, the scene where Dooku is questioning Obi-Wan, a scene where clones are shooting off of the Gunship with Yoda, and finally the balcony scene with Poggle, Mace, Dooku, and Jango (maybe Wat Tambor as well, I can’t remember).

7 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Now, on one hand, it makes sense that these four are some sort of new line, similar to planets or microfighters.  However, what's odd is that 75363 has 50 fewer pieces, and is numbered differently, rather than ending in 67 or 71.  So, this prompted some digging:

- I went through all of the SW battle packs that have been released, and every single time that they released multiple BPs at once, the numbering was concurrent.  The only time the numbering gets skipped is when they put out a single BP (like the Snowtroopers and the upcoming Clones).

- With the microfighters, they also are numbered concurrently when released at the same time, with one exception.  In January of 2019, we got 75223 (Naboo N-1 Starfighter), 75224 (Sith infiltrator) and 75228 (Dewback vs. Escape Pod), which obviously skips numbers, but is most likely explained by the fact that it's two single ships ($10) vs. a two pack ($20).  This pattern also happened with the 2021 Millenium Falcon and the AT-AT vs. Tauntaun, but the Falcon was a January release while the two pack was a March release, so I'm not going to count it.  

- With the planets, we only got two waves of them (albeit large ones), and all of them had consecutive numbers.

- The buildable figures appeared to use a different numbering system entirely, so the entire thing was uninterrupted and all numbered in order.

- The action battles sets had two numbers that didn't match up, but they were also priced differently.

So, that said, I'm not entirely convinced that these four go together.  They really seem to like to group things together by number when they're part of the same series and released at the same time.  The only exception here is if the price is different.  I assume that the price of 69 and 70 is an educated guess, but it seems very safe given that the box is the same size as the others, and the piece counts are clearly in line with 75368.

What does this mean?  Well, nothing really, until we get more info.  However, it seems PLAUSIBLE that perhaps 75369 and 75370 are indeed part of a new series (which is why the set numbers weren't part of the initial group of numbers that we got), and that, at the very least 75363, as well as POSSIBLY 75368 are just two $15 sets that coincidentally happen to be in the same wave (which is why we got their set number first).  The reason that I suggest 68 isn't part of it is because an odd number for a series seems a little bit strange, though it could definitely happen.

Anyway, this is probably not even correct and I'm just way over-analyzing nothing, but it is interesting to me that 75363 is both an outlier in piece count and in terms of numbering. 

It could be that 75363 is some sort of minifigure pack (which would explain the lower piece count), whereas the other three are some sort of series?

As 75369 and 70 are connsecutive numbers could they actually be battlepacks? The piece-count would be slightly large for one, but so far we do not now that they are actually at $15 do we?

Could the $15 odd one out be a droid battle pack? Droids are significantly cheaper to produce so it could explain the lower price than other modern battle packs. Build could be a miniaturized J-1 Proton Cannon or a STAP and crab droid or something. Considering the development work and perhaps mold retooling, I'd assume Super Battle Droids that aren't incredibly brittle would be in a more expensive set.

39 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

Could the $15 odd one out be a droid battle pack? Droids are significantly cheaper to produce so it could explain the lower price than other modern battle packs. Build could be a miniaturized J-1 Proton Cannon or a STAP and crab droid or something. Considering the development work and perhaps mold retooling, I'd assume Super Battle Droids that aren't incredibly brittle would be in a more expensive set.

I’d love it, but I’m convinced they’re all related. 

6 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I like this work. 

However, it misses the crucial point that these price points are never released in the summer. 

Just to clarify, do you mean that these specific $15 sets are fall releases, or that in the recent past we've never gotten $15 sets in the summer (I say recent just because I think we've gotten $15 battle packs in the summer, but now that BPs are $20, that wouldn't really matter here).

36 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Just to clarify, do you mean that these specific $15 sets are fall releases, or that in the recent past we've never gotten $15 sets in the summer (I say recent just because I think we've gotten $15 battle packs in the summer, but now that BPs are $20, that wouldn't really matter here).

Yeah the latter. 

The only examples I think of are one/two battle packs that coincide with the release of something new film wise. Ten? 

The fact we have 4 likely $15 sets all with the same size box suggests they’re all the same ‘type’. 

Unless they’re a hybrid between minifigure and battle packs I don’t see them being army builder type at all.