evancelt

Imperial Eras

I meself prefer late 1600s - late 1700s, although 1500s looks very classic and good too. The 1800s is okay, it's just that to me its modernism loses the beauty 1700s uniforms had.

If we're talking minifigures only, probably the 1700s variant (though I love the torso of the 1500s figure - where did that come from?) Lego have yet to release a proper 1800s-era British army torso - while the last figure in your image does bear some resemblance to the 1800s uniform, especially having the buttoned jacket, the classic redcoat torso is the closest to representing that era in Lego. I would absolutely adore a proper Waterloo-era redcoat torso, pretty much the classic redcoat with the jacket done up more tightly to show less of the undershirt, but for now the existing redcoat probably wins out

I've got to vote for the 1500s and 1600s. I've done up some minifigs for the era, including a Francis Drake style captain...

pernicus.jpg

... pikemen...

02.jpg

... musketeer-style swordsmen...

bobs_cmf_3-7.jpg

... and militiamen wearing buffcoats...

bobs_cmf_3-13.jpg

On 30/01/2021 at 12:14 AM, Alexandrina said:

though I love the torso of the 1500s figure - where did that come from?

I believe its from the Shakespeare CMF.

9 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I

bobs_cmf_3-13.jpg

This one, in particular, is a nice use of parts!

That's an impossible question for me to answer because I like all of those area's.

But when it comes to LEGO I do have a preference for those cool Spanish minifigs.

pirates-imperial-armada-lego-used-pre-ow

I also prefer the 16th and 17th centuries. I'm fascinated by the technology and tactics of the time, especially the dragoons/cavalry troopers that inspired this vignette for a fantasy story I'm working on.

Surrounded by Dragoons!

Fun to see all of the minifigs/builds you guys have posted! Seems to be some serious love for the 1500s/1600s!

Personally I'm a fan of 1700s era. I grew up in Pennsylvania in the USA and it was steeped in Colonial history. There was a Revolutionary War battlefield down the street from me and they would do reenactments a few times a year - fun to see all of the uniforms, etc. It's stuck with me, and I like reading/watching shows about the era (Hornblower/Sharpe/Outlander/etc).

Now I live in Colorado, USA and the oldest non-Native American history around is mid-1800s. Not as fun!

If LEGO ends up bringing Imperials back in 2021, I'm interested to see what era they return with. I'm hoping for Colonial!

Edited by evancelt

My prefered era is without doubt the Spanish Golden Century : 1500s

TLG did an excellent job with the Armada Theme ! We need more ! :pir-wub:

Historically speaking, I prefer the early part of the Age of Sails, so 1500-1600. Most of my builds, however, are set definitely later, I would say about mid 1700.

Lovely minifigs, btw!