Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

52 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well that looks..... weird.

Imo the ironman one looked clunky and clumsily assembled too.

7 hours ago, cosmic said:

I stand corrected the older Batman content has an audience. Still I feel at a loss of what even to say for this theme. Just tired of hoping the next year is better than the last. 

It cant be worse than this year- at least we'll have the batman sets- this year we're just getting 66

Maybe next year we'll even get a cmf

Edited by thephantasm

I think this set perfectly shows why LEGO has a problem with leaks. There’s a huge glare on part of the build so it looks even worse than the final model. I’m not particularly excited about what’s clear though either. Why 3D eyebrows? XP

I like it. I like that the helmet sets are kinda wonky versions of the really thing. Lego should be a slightly blocky, wonky version. Here's hoping we get more of these next year. 

the helmet looks so bad without a mouth....it worked for the iron man one because of the way his helmet looks. Batman's on the other hand....yikes 

Omg this just shows how quickly the helmets line got old... please LEGO use the 18+ theme well and give us things AFOLs want instead of more of this...

Where is everyone finding the leak? I can’t find it on the legoleaks hashtag on instagram.

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Where is everyone finding the leak? I can’t find it on the legoleaks hashtag on instagram.

It‘s all over the place, you can‘t miss it :wink:

Just found it actually. I don’t know. It floats between weird looking, to not that bad. The eyebrow arch over the eyes of the cowl makes it look a bit cartoony and angry. The actual cowl is not something I could even pretend to care about? Its Meh at best for whoever woke up and said “I really want to spend 40 bucks on a Batman cowl build”.

I think the problem is the stand and cowl are both black. It worked ok for the tie pilot, but batman not being completely filled in makes it look weird. Also not really a fan of all the exposed studs on the side, but im hopeful it will look decent in official pics and in person.

I had a feeling they wouldn't do the mouth, which is why I secretly hoped they'd actually do the Armored batman helmet from TDKR/BvS - it would fit the "clunky" aesthetic these end up having, and the dark grey would contrast better with the empty inside as well as the box.

The light glare and slight blurriness of the leak isn't doing this thing any favours at all.

Dude this is getting out of hand

That looks awful

There are so many characters or versions of characters we havent seen and they come and release this :/

How is this happening before Ventriloquist? Or Mad Hatter

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

I am seriously getting frustrated with LEGO on my favorite theme. They barely release any new characters, straight up ignore most of the wider DCU in the process, keep going back to the 18+ 1989 sets (which, without any nostalgic attachment to it, is honestly not a movie worth celebrating this many times), and now they keep focusing on weird and ugly art displays. It's like they're trying to push me into another personal LEGO dark age.

24 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

I am seriously getting frustrated with LEGO on my favorite theme. They barely release any new characters, straight up ignore most of the wider DCU in the process, keep going back to the 18+ 1989 sets (which, without any nostalgic attachment to it, is honestly not a movie worth celebrating this many times), and now they keep focusing on weird and ugly art displays. It's like they're trying to push me into another personal LEGO dark age.

Well I think DC is also partly to blame. Rushing to release movies to compete with Marvel has only harmed the brand and made audiences feel opposed to DC’s content. Couple that with the decline in quality of their animated movies and their lack of animated shows, and you have a new generation of audiences with either no access to DC content; or subpar content. I would love for Lego to release a set with Fire, Ice, Captain Atom, Red Tornado, Raven, or Trigon.

But without any new animated shows (not like Justice League Action where its 15 minute shorts with no exposition or character development, and not Teen Titans Go where its so immature) Lego has no incentive to release these characters. Apparently Toy brands across the board see Batman as their best seller, and audiences don’t respond well to non Batman related merchandise. How will Lego branch out to risky properties when they’re not even receiving a cartoon at least.

it does feel helpless, however. Regardless of who you blame, its a shame we get such few new characters a year. Bronze Tiger was the only new figure in the last summer wave, Batgirl needed both a different hairpiece and dual molded/printed legs. It feels like at the pace we go, we won’t get teams like the Doom Patrol, Metal Men, or Justice Society any time soon.

51 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Well I think DC is also partly to blame. Rushing to release movies to compete with Marvel has only harmed the brand and made audiences feel opposed to DC’s content. Couple that with the decline in quality of their animated movies and their lack of animated shows, and you have a new generation of audiences with either no access to DC content; or subpar content. I would love for Lego to release a set with Fire, Ice, Captain Atom, Red Tornado, Raven, or Trigon.

But without any new animated shows (not like Justice League Action where its 15 minute shorts with no exposition or character development, and not Teen Titans Go where its so immature) Lego has no incentive to release these characters. Apparently Toy brands across the board see Batman as their best seller, and audiences don’t respond well to non Batman related merchandise. How will Lego branch out to risky properties when they’re not even receiving a cartoon at least.

it does feel helpless, however. Regardless of who you blame, its a shame we get such few new characters a year. Bronze Tiger was the only new figure in the last summer wave, Batgirl needed both a different hairpiece and dual molded/printed legs. It feels like at the pace we go, we won’t get teams like the Doom Patrol, Metal Men, or Justice Society any time soon.

I kinda don't mind not getting doom patrol or metal men. Also, to be frank, there's 0 chance your getting sets of them because even batman is struggling to sell now. The general public isn't going to clamour over metal men sets.

I'm only waiting for the justice league dark and wally west. Tbh lego has produced a healthy amount of justice leaguers over the years- the iconic members at least, because dc doesn't have as many iconic heroes as marvel.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Dude this is getting out of hand

That looks awful

There are so many characters or versions of characters we havent seen and they come and release this :/

What do you mean? You want them to get the 18+ helmet sets? Or minifigures? Anyways both aren't gonna happen unless Matt reeves decides to use them because dc sets are not selling well enough to be produced.

Edited by thephantasm

Personally I like the cowl and think it's well done. It does suck they refuse to do anything that isn't Batman. It doesn't help that the best DC content (and the best looking upcoming content) Is not at all kid friendly aka Doom Patrol and the new Suicide Squad movie. Personally I'd just be happy to get a King Shark bigfig. I've wanted one for a long time and now that he's being featured in both a movie and a video game, hopefully that'll elevate him enough for LEGO to include him in a Batman set, maybe with a Bat submarine or something. 

2 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Personally I like the cowl and think it's well done. It does suck they refuse to do anything that isn't Batman. It doesn't help that the best DC content (and the best looking upcoming content) Is not at all kid friendly aka Doom Patrol and the new Suicide Squad movie. Personally I'd just be happy to get a King Shark bigfig. I've wanted one for a long time and now that he's being featured in both a movie and a video game, hopefully that'll elevate him enough for LEGO to include him in a Batman set, maybe with a Bat submarine or something. 

Yeah, very high chance for him to get some form of representation, provided  the dc theme doesn't die

It's a shame that WB lost the rights to make future LEGO films, because I really think the originally planned sequel to the LEGO Batman Movie would have been our best opportunity to get more obscure heroes and villains.  Unless that somehow gets made, the best option left is to hope for another CMF series.

23 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

It's a shame that WB lost the rights to make future LEGO films, because I really think the originally planned sequel to the LEGO Batman Movie would have been our best opportunity to get more obscure heroes and villains.  Unless that somehow gets made, the best option left is to hope for another CMF series.

Meh lego batman movie chose to give us the super friends instead of b-c list leaguers. The only new leaguers they gave us were canary and hawkgirl (without any hair mould).