Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the DC Superheroes 2021 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related DC Superhero discussion throughout 2021--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego DC Superhero discussion. 

Enjoy! 

I look forward to the prospect of more Junior sets, more expensive big sets I’m not overly excited about, and movie tie-in sets not happening. On the upside there is the possibility of a (reduced) CMF to consider at the end of year. Come on Lego, show some love over here. There’s so much potential that doesn’t involve Batman, or if it must, look to the Silver Age for a bit of fun.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

I look forward to the prospect of more Junior sets, more expensive big sets I’m not overly excited about, and movie tie-in sets not happening. On the upside there is the possibility of a (reduced) CMF to consider at the end of year. Come on Lego, show some love over here. There’s so much potential that doesn’t involve Batman, or if it must, look to the Silver Age for a bit of fun.

I wouldn't count on the third CMF being DC. Besides it looking like it'll be Marvel LEGO has never released 2 series based on a license 2 years in a row. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't count on the third CMF being DC. Besides it looking like it'll be Marvel LEGO has never released 2 series based on a license 2 years in a row. 

That’s why I said consider at the end of year, because the first was being leaked at the end of the year. i.e. it might start to be leaked for 2022. I’m not expecting it this year.

11 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

That’s why I said consider at the end of year, because the first was being leaked at the end of the year. i.e. it might start to be leaked for 2022. I’m not expecting it this year.

Ah gotcha. That flew right over my head :grin:

Has anyone managed to get their hands on 40453 Batman vs. The Penguin & Harley Quinn off Lego.com yet? 
It changed on the website from “Coming January 1st, 2021” to “Coming Soon” I was just curious 

I was about to ask the same thing. I hope it hasn't been delayed or pushed back, I was waiting to get it as soon as it hit midnight.

3 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Has anyone managed to get their hands on 40453 Batman vs. The Penguin & Harley Quinn off Lego.com yet? 
It changed on the website from “Coming January 1st, 2021” to “Coming Soon” I was just curious 

I haven't ordered it but it is available here.

4 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Such a tease. Only DC set we get for the New Year and it isn't even available for purchase yet.

My understanding is there is still some hope for a potential summer wave? I swear we need something more or else this would be the absolute worst year for the theme. A mini figure pack, the Batman cowl, a Juniors set, its like they’ll release everything but a normal set. And judging off the sets they’ve released thus far a normal set would just be another pointless bat vehicle with no new figures. And if there is a new figure they will have no detailed printing. Whatever. I hope they pick up the slack for this theme or just cancel it. I’d rather Lego just not make DC sets at all instead of crappy Batman sets and years with no normal sets. This theme is such a disappointment literally what Lego designer looks at this theme and goes “yup thats what fans want”. If they think DC doesn’t sell then just cancel it instead of making these low quality sets bc you think costumers are barely interested. 

I’m predicting this comment won’t be too popular because calls to just drop a theme sound kind of radical but thats how I feel. I’d rather have gotten nothing over this. Like this theme is just dragging itself at this point. Either make it better or let it go. That’s my opinion :def_shrug:

Edited by cosmic

5 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

We have it available in the UK, I’ve just ordered it. Thanks for the reminder :laugh:

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Whilst that is true in recent years, the first series came out January 2020 and the supposed second series will be September 2021, that's 1 year and 8 months apart which is almost 2 years apart. It's plausible but this is all speculation. I've read on numerous occasions about this supposed Marvel wave coming. It was supposed to be out a year ago today then it apparently got pushed back. I don't believe these rumours. Sounds like someone looking for clout to be honest.

Theres probably half a dozen Marvel / Star Wars / DC CMF rumors that circulate every year, I wouldn't take anything seriously without a reliable source.

In fact, as I recall there was a rumored Star Wars CMF that was supposed to come out this wave that people were talking about way back in Spring last year, and as you can see it was completely untrue.

As long as that Hasbro restriction remains where only they can sell individual figures of characters (unless that restriction has been changed recently, I don't keep up with that stuff), then there's never going to be a Marvel or Star Wars CMF series.

28 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

As long as that Hasbro restriction remains where only they can sell individual figures of characters (unless that restriction has been changed recently, I don't keep up with that stuff), then there's never going to be a Marvel or Star Wars CMF series.

It’s recently been changed for both marvel and Star Wars 

13 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Oh it changed for both? That's great news! I knew it changed for one of them already.

16 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Edit: wrong thread.

Edited by cosmic

Just now, cosmic said:

We haven’t gotten Marvel yet.. 

fingers crossed!! For mostly comic designs tbh what more do you MCU fans want?? Like all I want are comic versions of Scarlet, Vision, Gamora, Rocket, Thor and Valkyrie. I struggle to think of any MCU characters that NEED to be made. For the most part we got all the major players imo. For all you MCU fans feel happy to disagree. I’m very hopeful that we will get a Marvel series this year.

DC's theme has sucked bad enough the last 2 years. Dont need to turn this thread into a Marvel one also. 

DC brought me out of my Lego dark age back in 2012. Its really unfortunate that for whatever reason Lego has decided to abandon it. I get that there were a couple small sets, a CMF series and 2 USC sets but as a kids toy which is the primary market that isnt enough to sustain interest in my opinion. I got every retail DC set from 2012 thru 2018 except for the brickheadz. I have also acquired most of the 2006 thru 2008 sets in the aftermarket. Lego's lack of enthusiasm for decent DC sets is inexcusable in my opinion because of the vast universe of characters at their fingertips. Im sure I am not the only fan that has diverted Lego spending to other hobbies because of this.

3 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

DC brought me out of my Lego dark age back in 2012. Its really unfortunate that for whatever reason Lego has decided to abandon it. I get that there were a couple small sets, a CMF series and 2 USC sets but as a kids toy which is the primary market that isnt enough to sustain interest in my opinion. I got every retail DC set from 2012 thru 2018 except for the brickheadz. I have also acquired most of the 2006 thru 2008 sets in the aftermarket. Lego's lack of enthusiasm for decent DC sets is inexcusable in my opinion because of the vast universe of characters at their fingertips. Im sure I am not the only fan that has diverted Lego spending to other hobbies because of this.

When it comes to LEGO, my top priority is DC but since I have every minifigure scale set since 2HY 2019 and there’s nothing new for January 2021, I’ve diverted to Ninjago (my second priority) and now even Marvel.

The Batman sets are going to save  lego DC 2021 if they come out this year, which a late 2021 release is totally possible 

I remember hearing somewhere that if The Batman was to come out 2021, the sets for the movie were gonna be huge for Lego (figuratively, not literally) 

I guess theres always next year though

1 minute ago, Mountain Drew said:

I remember hearing somewhere that if The Batman was to come out 2021, the sets for the movie were gonna be huge for Lego (figuratively, not literally) 

I guess theres always next year though

the movie comes out early next year, so a late 2021 date for the sets is still in question. DC has nothing else worth making sets for this year. The Snyder cut isn't getting any sets because the original wave sold terribly 

Just now, TOTDForever said:

DC has nothing else worth making sets for this year.

Just imagine if Lego would actually take initiative with all their DC properties the same way they did for Lego Batman Movie

Just now, TOTDForever said:

The Snyder cut isn't getting any sets because the original wave sold terribly 

$130 for a flying tunnel with a Batmobile would be happy to explain why