8 minutes ago, Milan said:

TLG employees do visit the forum, too.

And I often feel sorry for them to see their hard (and often with restrictions) work being bashed so often and hard here. I hope the health plan at TLG includes rhinoceros skin grafts.

Yeah, that's exactly what Milan the MOD would say. Personally I've never seen Milan and Milan in the same room ... hmmm :iamded_lol:

Just now, AVCampos said:

And I often feel sorry for them to see their hard (and often with restrictions) work being bashed so often and hard here. I hope the health plan at TLG includes rhinoceros skin grafts.

Lol! I hope for their sake that TLG have banned every employee from reading Youtube and Instagram comments

That sh1te needs a complete head replacement to recover from :cannon:

8 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

:thumbup: My posting history agrees 100%! 

Anyway, i'm very excited for this set and its reviews. Its looking like an excellent technic year!

Test drive using cheap RC tires for 1.55 wheels

I'm not sure we need yet another topic for the set, so here is my review video with the usual detailed walkthrough of the building process and lots of other information:

9 hours ago, Bartybum said:

mods and improvements topic when? :excited:

When I finish rebuilding the set in Studio and figure out a way to lock the hood

10 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

When I finish rebuilding the set in Studio and figure out a way to lock the hood

Do you reckon the steering motor could be replaced with a PF servo or would it bump into things? I'd like to build the set using PF motors and BuWizz 3.0, which should cut down on the weight and allow for more speed without losing torque.

4 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Do you reckon the steering motor could be replaced with a PF servo

That I've also been trying to figure out. The problem with the servo is that because the axle hole is in the center in one direction only (5 tall 3 wide), it can only be placed vertically. But if I placed vertically, there will be virtually no space left between the front axle and the chassis, which means zero front suspension travel...

218422062_265724748654473_69004107004837

12 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

if I placed vertically, there will be virtually no space left between the front axle and the chassis, which means zero front suspension travel...

Ah, bollocks :wall:

At a pinch one could lower both axles and mount the large Unimog springs, which should also be more responsive. I guess this would also mean mounting large Claas tyres to avoid having huge enormous gaping holes in the wheel wells, although larger tyres mean less torque.

I think I found a way to lock the hood!

217259246_940768639832645_74500377052559

The highlighted part can be replaced with a 4 axle with stop + a half bush. Push it to lock the hood to the chassis. Pull it out slightly to unlock.

Modelling the hood is a huge pain in the bottom..

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

11 hours ago, kbalage said:

I'm not sure we need yet another topic for the set, so here is my review video with the usual detailed walkthrough of the building process and lots of other information.

Just to say I really enjoy your reviews! The way you hit the highlights of the build is really great 👍 

One, eternity, leh-ter...

218854605_1002675100479558_5383977582471

I've finished modeling the thing. I've finalized the design for the PF conversion mod. The only remaining problem is how to motorize the steering.

@Ngoc Nguyen perhaps combination with m-motor that drives white 24 tooth gear with clutch (8 tooth gear on m-motor and 24 gear on other end of steering shaft...

Just now, I_Igor said:

perhaps combination with m-motor that drives white 24 tooth gear with clutch (8 tooth gear on m-motor and 24 gear on other end of steering shaft...

The only way to do so is to shift the motor output two studs to one direction. I can't shift it sideway because it will interfere with the shock absorbers and suspension tow arms. I can't shift it downward because the differential is right underneath it. And I can't shift it upward because it will block the suspension travel.

218422062_265724748654473_69004107004837

I think there are just two ways: either introduce a clutch mechanism between the motor and the 12z gear, or squeeze a servo into the structure.

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The only way to do so is to shift the motor output two studs to one direction. I can't shift it sideway because it will interfere with the shock absorbers and suspension tow arms. I can't shift it downward because the differential is right underneath it. And I can't shift it upward because it will block the suspension travel.

I think there are just two ways: either introduce a clutch mechanism between the motor and the 12z gear, or squeeze a servo into the structure.

Or complete axle redesign...problem is that you can not put gears between panhard rod and motor (despite pf m-motor is 6 studs long)

Gotta say, I feel that the set kinda suffers from a conflict/lack of identity. To my understanding, the diff locks aren't really needed because there's never a reason to leave them open - the turning circle is huge, and the drive is geared down so far (~1:13 just within each axle) that the wheels would probably slip before any meaningful stress travels back through the drive train. The lack of a gearbox also means that the set is too slow for good play on flat surfaces, which also detracts from the need to have open diffs for road driving.

One mod idea I've had/would like to see someone tackle is to remove all the diffs and duplicate the front axle across to the rear, giving independent 4WS steering. Not only would this halve the turning circle, but it would also allow for crab steering and therefore better flexibility as a trial truck. If there's a way to increase the steering angle then that would also greatly help in improving play.

If anybody else has mod ideas, please do share.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

It's Manure Spreader or nothing!

All hail the cursed Mercedes poop truck.

A spreader could be quite interesting, if with beans/seeds

Edited by Bartybum

I think, looking at the price, the set would have gained to have a working fake engine. It would have been simple since the two motors powering the transmission are in the middle of the chassis. Moreover, since it's a trial truck, a brighter color could have been cool for the cab, like white, it goes well with the green.