Lyichir

LEGO Sci-Fi Ongoing - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, legoturtle said:

My point is that we won't get LEGO sci-fi theme. We get horrible terrible Dreamzzz... for years. Even it does not sell well. 

I mean, there's a HUGE cross-theme space theme going on right now. Nothing about Dreamzzz prevents a sci-fi theme, any more than themes like Ninjago or Monkie Kid prevented Dreamzzz from launching alongside them. Multiple themes can, and do, coexist.

Edited by Lyichir

Think about what kinds of themes LEGO has have. AND now what we got: Ninjago, Dreamzzz, Monkey Kids... ALL of the BIG jokes!

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

Think about what kinds of themes LEGO has have. AND now what we got: Ninjago, Dreamzzz, Monkey Kids... ALL of the BIG jokes!

You didn't even read what I, and an number of others in several threads have posted, did you? You OPINION is not a FACT, and as such is not true for everyone. Another example: I can say the sky is green, but that's an opinion. The sky being blue is a fact.

EDIT: sorry, mods if this is considered a rude post. He asks questions, but apparently doesn't want answers. It's super frustrating, and I can't be alone in that. It almost seems like he's trolling.

Edited by Murdoch17

1 hour ago, legoturtle said:

My point is that we won't get LEGO sci-fi theme. We get horrible terrible Dreamzzz... for years. Even it does not sell well. 

You can keep saying the same stuff over and over, which doesn´t make it any more true. Lego won´t run Dreamzzz for years if it isn´t doing well.

5 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

I think you should try to keep a bit more to facts. I mean you don´t have to like any of those themes, that is perfectly fine. But to claim themes would sell bad, when they don´t and so on are not. Especially Ninjago is selling well for years, and while it might be a joke for you, it obviously isn´t for many others.

I don't think there is any point to replying to rants by "legoturtle", because that's all they are.  In multiple posts over months I've noticed the same theme from them: I want "space" and I want it now, and everything else is no good.  Not worth me even typing this, really.

I bought Mr Oz's Spacebus the other day. It was very tempting on first reveal, but I went for the Shark Ship instead. Then I found it on Walmart clearance, so it had to be acquired. To be honest, I think it's a pretty neat space set and has a lot of the adventure and thrill that you might want. Not opened it yet, but might build it with the children this weekend. Might have to get the Space Car to go with it.

I can see there being a few cool space sets from Dreamzzz, and if they do keep it going for 3-4 years, it could be a nice sub-collection. Personally I prefer it to the near-realistic City stuff, although this year's wave is very good.

On 3/16/2024 at 2:19 AM, Traykar the swift said:

It would be awesome if this new iteration of Lego city Space became an evergreen theme

That would be great (and either that or a full, independent, Space theme is my hope!), but considering that there are only two sets confirmed for later in the year (the science lab and a "space explorers pack" - whatever that is), I think that it will just be a one-year deal. Maybe we will get a few sets later in 2HY (though I think that we would have heard about that by now), or the line will be popular enough for LEGO to continue it. 

Black spaceship update: 

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Finally some new information on the mythical black spaceship. Bad news - It sounds terrible! 

10391 [Moments Space] / $109.99 / 966 Pieces / September 20 release 
Description: "The set includes a black spaceship with a long trail for it to hang on to and keep it from falling off. The ship is almost all black, with a few gray parts and a gold cockpit in the front. On its wings are two symbols that represent exactly this spaceship and something that looks like a rainbow. The writing on the ship is "Atlantis Apts". The spaceship's trail (which is bigger than the ship itself) consists mostly of green, orange, blue, and pink colours, with white parts at the end. The set also includes a frame with 49 headpieces with different skin colors and many new face prints. The frame says "My Phriends" and has two black and gold space helmets. The set includes two minifigures (with torso and leg prints); male and female. They wear gray suits and the space helmets seem to be for them." 

Apparently this spaceship is tied to the "Pharrell Williams lego biopic movie" (whatever that is)

I guess we should have expected it not to be Blacktron-related since the GWP torsos were discontinued on Pick A Brick last year...

It should have been a sign.

That’s…the Blake spaceship we were Ostia looking forward for it?

Posted (edited)

Who the heck is Pharrell Williams? And why does he get a lego set? I know its because theres some movie about him coming out... but why is there a set based on it? Who's the market for such a thing? I dislike the BTS or taylor swift sets, but at least they're popular people.. Compared to this random dude who's career is: that one annoying minions song(?)

Edited by Time77

There is no Taylor Swift set.

He has 13 Grammy awards, the first 2 of which were for doing the vocals on the Daft Punk song "Get Lucky", which you would also be familiar with, as it has been regularly played everywhere for over a decade.

But at least thanks to your post, I now know that BTS is "popular people" - whereas yesterday I still had no idea what that set was supposed to be, and today still don't know or care what it stands for.

6 hours ago, Artanis I said:

He has 13 Grammy awards, the first 2 of which were for doing the vocals on the Daft Punk song "Get Lucky", which you would also be familiar with, as it has been regularly played everywhere for over a decade.

But at least thanks to your post, I now know that BTS is "popular people" - whereas yesterday I still had no idea what that set was supposed to be, and today still don't know or care what it stands for.

BTS is a K-pop boy band. Their fandom is pretty huge, and extremely visible on social media — at one point I know some folks got annoyed because they were used to using "BTS" as a search query for behind-the-scenes stuff from TV, movies, video games, etc, and suddenly search results for that were flooded with posts or news about the band!

I'm not a fan myself and don't really make any sort of conscious effort to keep up with popular music in general, but it genuinely surprises me how many other people were even able to avoid any sort of exposure to or encounters with their fanbase prior to the LEGO set coming out! For me that stuff felt practically inescapable. Guess maybe the non-LEGO sites we use and fan communities we're a part of just differ in how much overlap they have with K-pop fans?

23 hours ago, Time77 said:

Who the heck is Pharrell Williams? And why does he get a lego set? I know its because theres some movie about him coming out... but why is there a set based on it? Who's the market for such a thing?

In addition what Artanis mentioned about Pharrell Williams's popularity and his various career achievements, I know the music video for "Happy" became a pretty huge meme when it came out, with loads of people from different cities covering it in music videos showcasing hotspots in their own hometowns in place of the Los Angeles setting of the official music video.

But in this case I think the biggest factor to keep in mind is that the movie "Piece by Piece" is a LEGO animated film (presumably either stop-motion or CGI imitating that style like in the LEGO movies) co-produced by the LEGO Group. With that in mind, it'd be surprising if there WEREN'T any LEGO set tie-ins! I'm sure we'll hear more about the reasons for the film taking this approach (and how it relates to Pharrell's life story) from interviews and press tours as it gets closer to release.

Honestly this strikes me as a case where I wish we hadn't learned about the contents of this set leaked before it was clear what theme it'd be tied to. After all, if our first description of the set had been "unknown Pharrell Williams biopic tie-in" and we only learned later on that it was a spaceship, I'm sure that would've been more of a pleasant surprise than a disappointment for many of us! But because we learned those details the other way around, it's kinda killed the mood in the topics it's come up in recently.