Rubblemaker

[MOC] Podracing on the Moon!

When the Neo Classic Space Federation puts out a galaxy-wide call to take part in a podrace on the Moon, the call is answered by the Blacktron Future Generation. Although Benny's racer, 'LL-UC45' uses cutting edge tech, the Future Generations 'WhiteGilled BlackFish' has never lost a race. The stage is set for a white-knuckle showdown as these old foes race each other across the dusty plains of the Lunar surface.

A month to design and build. 3,000 pieces (ish, don't know wasn't keeping count) and a lot of left over discarded bricks, my Star Wars/Classic Space mashup moc is done. The full album is on my Flickr page here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/164260086@N06/albums/72157716664021747

The Race

The Race

The Race

The Race

The Race

The Race

The Race

The Race

Edited by Rubblemaker

11 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

A month to design and build. 3,000 pieces

Wow. I love podracers. The entire thing from the movie to TLGs models, particularly 7171, to your very own racers - incredible. They are really, really cool. And superb builds. The lunar surface, colors, the shapes, the faces ... won-der-ful.

Spoiler

Close the visors though, surface pressure on the moon is really low - and the engines need to run at almost zero surface pressure. I guess these fans are some lunar dust collecting devices, turning them into super fuel - and the "bad" black one is doing something entirely different ... maybe even from a time long ago? No - no - SW here this is authentic SPACE OPERA! 

Congratulations!

Best,
Thorsten

Edited by Toastie

On 10/29/2020 at 1:26 PM, WesternOutlaw said:

Now this is some serious pod racing. I esp. like the Nautilesque Blacktron model.  Nicely done.

Someone else noted an Atlantis connection in that racer. I hadn’t thought of that but I see it now! :)

On 10/29/2020 at 1:40 PM, JintaiZ said:

Amazing build! And it's classic space!!!

Thanks, and yes. Yes it is! 

On 10/29/2020 at 8:40 PM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

That's a fantastic idea! :laugh:

Love the blacktron podracer and the landscaping. Looks excellent, great job!

Thanks, I’d like to say I’m the first to think of making a Classic Space podracer but alas I am not. Though I don’t think it’s been done to this scale or with two racing against each other. Come to think of it, I don’t think anyone has made a Blacktron podracer, though I’m probably wrong on that one too.

On 10/29/2020 at 9:51 PM, Toastie said:

Wow. I love podracers. The entire thing from the movie to TLGs models, particularly 7171, to your very own racers - incredible. They are really, really cool. And superb builds. The lunar surface, colors, the shapes, the faces ... won-der-ful.

Reveal hidden contents

Close the visors though, surface pressure on the moon is really low - and the engines need to run at almost zero surface pressure. I guess these fans are some lunar dust collecting devices, turning them into super fuel - and the "bad" black one is doing something entirely different ... maybe even from a time long ago? No - no - SW here this is authentic SPACE OPERA! 

Congratulations!

Best,
Thorsten

Thanks. As for their visors, these guys are the toughest spacemen in the universe, they don’t need visors ;)

On 10/30/2020 at 6:13 AM, Ragana9289 said:

Amazing build!

Thanks very much :)

On 10/30/2020 at 6:34 AM, Rscheck26 said:

great job, anything Classic Space I love... pod race theme is a great idea.

Cheers! Me too! :)

On 10/31/2020 at 10:09 AM, Ragana9289 said:

Will there be other subseries of space ?

Do you mean in Mocs from me? If so.. probably, although I have already made a whole fleet of Neo Classic Space attack craft:

MOC Neo Classic Space attack fleet

Edited by Rubblemaker

3 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

I really really like the blue podracer. It is fantastic. 

Thanks. Built that one first. It’s my favourite of the two!

Edited by Rubblemaker