Mestari

Parisian Restaurant

Hello!

I would like to show you my rendition of the Chez Albert Parisian Restaurant :)

There aren't many things in common with the beloved modular, I simply wanted to have my own idea about what a Parisian restaurant may look like. And the one from creator was simply too small..

So without further ado, here it is:

800x534.jpg

It all began in January 2018 when we visited our family and they had this painting on the wall (reproduction of a fragment only):

800x542.jpg

This served as inspiration to my build which of course was not an exact representation of that building, but it was a good start. It took me around 18 months to complete this party due to size, family obligations and some "great" ideas I had like including all interiors and a 9V lighting system for the ground floor and one of the rooms on the first floor. But I like the effect :)

800x534.jpg

You turn the lights on and off by removing part of the awning which gives you access to old style 9V battery box:

800x534.jpg

The building is modular:

800x376.jpg

On the ground floor there is the restaurant together with toilet for the guests and restaurant kitchen. There is also a staircase leading to apartments upstairs:

800x534.jpg

800x534.jpg

I also thought that including a part of build that no-one will ever see or notice is brillaint idea, here is the restaurant ceiling for you to enjoy ;) You can also see all the lights - 3 for restaurant, 1 for the entry and 1 for kitchen.

800x534.jpg

Then there goes floor number one and first apartment with bathroom, corridor, bedroom and living room with kitchenette. First view from the top:

800x368.jpg

and view of the kitchenette:

800x1200.jpg

Second floor has similar layout, just different finish:

800x534.jpg

800x534.jpg

The attic is a typical place for singles ;) No dedicated bedroom...

800x534.jpg

800x534.jpg

and a view of the kitchenette (a shot from a WIP):

800x532.jpg

and last but not least - the roof! It was supposed to be flat, but since this is LEGO it bends up like a boat...

800x534.jpg

I plan to complement this building with another one of similar size. Together they will form a small wall of buildings, a mini version of a street. This is already a work in progress that will likely not be finished this year.

But who knows ;)

I hope you enjoy this one for now :)

Excellent build! I love your idea for another restaurant!

Edited by JintaiZ

I love the Parisian Restaurant set, but this is an amazing rendition too! I’d be interested to see some of the other Modular Buildings redesigned as well.