Geo whipper has leaked from a book. It brings more questions than answers honestly. Orange colour scheme, rather ragged looking to be honest, the word “wild” comes to mind. Grey hair? Snakes with hair? It’s getting weirder by the second. No clues to the season theme either, but from what this book shows maybe a desert theme? We already kinda had that though with season 11. Zane fig also appears new, however it’s quite plain and simple sadly. Just some ice shard detailing on a white Gi. Oh well. Does anyone know if we have a 2022 thread yet? 

The new snake looks alright, nothing crazy but I think he's okay. I wonder if that Zane design is the actual new suit design, or something else, because it looks a lot different than I expected. He seems to be sleeveless, which kind of reminds me of the Hunted designs from a few years ago. I guess we'll find out what the deal is in the next few weeks.

Interesting colorscheme but other than that really boring. I'll echo what Sam Jackson had to say about snakes but replacing "plane" with "theme".

Edited by lego_guyon02

Zanes suit looks like the one which was leaked some time ago.

As for Snakes: I don't see any parts that I'd want so happy to save some money! The last years of ninjago have been tough on my wallet anyway :pir-laugh:

But good anyway that the base colour is orange and not just a complete reuse of the s11 snake head piece.

On 10/28/2021 at 6:31 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Im quite clueless as well. Looks like a weird mix of Legacy and Voltron. And most of all, I don't understand why theres just the same kind of fire snakes - at least according to descriptions. Even if we did get less budget for the villains in the last waves - it would mean we really get almost no budget for them this time - no good sign for ninjago...

I was thinking and I think the Winter 2022 wave will be centered around some short films that will come up next year. You know, the ones that will debut the new voice actor for Cole. I believe this because it seems season 15 will be a really big season, the conclusion of the Vengestone Buyer's arc. So it would be strange that this extremely important season wouldn't have new moulds for the villains and ninja. But that is my guess. 

Is the tournament of elements retiring this year? Its a 2021 set but for some reason I think I saw it on a list of retiring soon sets and its currently out of stock pretty much everywhere. Does anyone know if I can wait till next year to scoop that one up? 

Currently just waiting a few days to purchase the Skull Sorcerers Dungeon. I think Zayns Mino Creature is probably gonna make its way home soon I can’t deny how much I love that Rhino, and the fact its not a Dragon makes it more appealing to me. 

I do wonder, while I don’t see them on this retiring soon list, its safe to say the video game wave won’t be available after Christmas right?  71712 could I wait till early next year to get that? Personally skeptical on whether its worth the $80 price tag too tbh. But if I don’t think its worth it now I’d hate to see aftermarket prices. Ninjago sets can rise pretty steep after a few years and its a theme I sort of dread catching up on.

36 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Is the tournament of elements retiring this year? Its a 2021 set but for some reason I think I saw it on a list of retiring soon sets and its currently out of stock pretty much everywhere. Does anyone know if I can wait till next year to scoop that one up? 

Currently just waiting a few days to purchase the Skull Sorcerers Dungeon. I think Zayns Mino Creature is probably gonna make its way home soon I can’t deny how much I love that Rhino, and the fact its not a Dragon makes it more appealing to me. 

I do wonder, while I don’t see them on this retiring soon list, its safe to say the video game wave won’t be available after Christmas right?  71712 could I wait till early next year to get that? Personally skeptical on whether its worth the $80 price tag too tbh. But if I don’t think its worth it now I’d hate to see aftermarket prices. Ninjago sets can rise pretty steep after a few years and its a theme I sort of dread catching up on.

71712 and the Prime Empire sets officially retired August 2021. also says "Sold Out" at lego.com instead of "Temporarily out of stock" , sets are sold by other shops for a bit longer sometimes but I wouldn't wait too long.

The Skull Sorcerer sets are retiring at the end of this year.

Tournament of Elements isn't on a retiring list for 2021.

Edited by TeriXeri

Amy Corbett's latest Instagram post made me remember LEGO's employee-only holiday gift sets are usually based on some kind of milestone within the company, in 2019 they went with Star Wars' 20th anniversary. We obviously won't know until an employee posts a picture of his/her set but there's definitely a possibility of it being based on the Potter or Ninjago anniversaries.

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Amy Corbett's latest Instagram post made me remember LEGO's employee-only holiday gift sets are usually based on some kind of milestone within the company, in 2019 they went with Star Wars' 20th anniversary. We obviously won't know until an employee posts a picture of his/her set but there's definitely a possibility of it being based on the Potter or Ninjago anniversaries.

Sitting here thinking about how pissed off a lot of Bionicle fans would be if there turned out to be a Bionicle anniversary set that was only available as an employee gift...

I would guess that neither Ninjago, HP, or Bionicle theming would be the most likely though, given that beyond often celebrating milestones the employee gifts for the past four years have also been unambiguously Christmas-themed. Ninjago and Bionicle haven't really had anything holiday-themed in the past and on the flip side of the coin Harry Potter has had SO much Christmas-themed stuff this year that I'm not sure what they'd do for a larger employee gift set that'd feel special or unique.

I could obviously be wrong... a "Santa Wu" would really only need a Santa suit and red conical hat, so if they wanted to do something like a Bounty-inspired sleigh pulled by a dragon it'd probably be pretty easy to whip something impressive up for employees.

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I could obviously be wrong... a "Santa Wu" would really only need a Santa suit and red conical hat, so if they wanted to do something like a Bounty-inspired sleigh pulled by a dragon it'd probably be pretty easy to whip something impressive up for employees.

For a theme that runs so long, it still surprises me there never was a Ninjago Advent Calendar, would be a perfect cool chance to get like a special casual christmas sweater version of each ninja + a Santa Wu.

17 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

For a theme that runs so long, it still surprises me there never was a Ninjago Advent Calendar, would be a perfect cool chance to get like a special casual christmas sweater version of each ninja + a Santa Wu.

I agree. Hopefully with Lego trial running the marvel calendars we can see some more. One thing I have noticed however is that Ninjago is getting less and less promotion, as some people have put it, Lego simply just doesn’t care. Adverts and promotional banners often don’t contain Ninjago, and I just find it frustrating how little Ninjago content we get,  as a CMF and a calendar are really things that are needed to flush out waves. It’s also weird how Ninjago often doesn’t get official reveals, instead we just get some really blurry pictures of half the wave on some random polish website or something. Lego needs to step up their game.

a simple reason they don't have advent calendars: ninjago is based on eastern mythologies and cultures, and it's not exactly common to see christianity or christmas in the east like it is in the west and western-based things. now, if ninjago had a new year's thing that'd be neat (although it might skirt controversies as well unlike say monkie kid), but it just doesn't make too much sense to give what are ostensibly asian or eastern-appearing characters a distinctly western (and somewhat pagan) holiday

also that's one less set off the roster so how about we keep it that way

Edited by Pirean_Grammaticul

10 hours ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

also that's one less set off the roster so how about we keep it that way

There are like 10 themes I don't buy, and I don't say things like that about them... :thumbdown: (or is it a case of Fear of Missing Out certain figures?, which I can understand in a team based theme, and things like the spread of the golden figures for 2021)

I can understand Ninjago being asian themed , it also fits in quite well with the Chinese New Years sets, so I won't really complain about Ninjago not getting anything christmas related, and with 5 advent calendars currently , a 6th one might be a bit much.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 11/22/2021 at 6:04 AM, TeriXeri said:

There are like 10 themes I don't buy, and I don't say things like that about them... :thumbdown: (or is it a case of Fear of Missing Out certain figures?, which I can understand in a team based theme, and things like the spread of the golden figures for 2021)

oh lol what i meant was that an advent calendar would be taking up a spot that, say, a fire dragon could hold. feels like an easy choice so far as balancing out budget for a wave

8 hours ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

oh lol what i meant was that an advent calendar would be taking up a spot that, say, a fire dragon could hold. feels like an easy choice so far as balancing out budget for a wave

Oh ok, I guess I misunderstood it then, all good. :thumbup: Makes sense to think it would replace another set for yet another calendar that really doesn't fit in the Ninjago theme to begin with

(Chinese new year sets also cover winter , especially the upcoming 2022 Ice Festival , could easily be turned into a "Ninjago Christmas" scene by replacing figs with Ninjago parts, and decorating the tree in that set, a specific Ninjago set like that would be too niche)

Edited by TeriXeri

This year’s employee holiday gift set is based on Ninjago, called “Temple of Celebrations”. No idea if Santa Garmadon (Santadon?) is actually included as a minifig or just on a postcard :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

What theme will be next year? 

Like we had Jungle and Underwater subthemes within Ninjago this year. 

14 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What theme will be next year? 

Like we had Jungle and Underwater subthemes within Ninjago this year. 

So far no particular theme , Snakes as enemies and sets being either a Combination Mech for Kai,Zane,Cole,Jay, and Lloyd gets a new Green Dragon.

Dojo Temple + Ninja Training Center as the main locations, and can connect, and will have all ninja+wu if you get both sets.

Also 3 small spinner training sets for kai,lloyd,jay.

Other sets are those Evo sets, which also have Snakes.

Edited by TeriXeri

The Lego Employee set comes with Santa Garmadon, all the golden ninja including Wu, Misako and 2 serpentine.

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

The Lego Employee set comes with Santa Garmadon, all the golden ninja including Wu, Misako and 2 serpentine.

That just ain't fair, is it? :cry2::drool:

That employee set sounds awesome. I've never really been interested by them in the past, but I guess making one for my favorite theme did the trick.

On 11/25/2021 at 2:29 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

This year’s employee holiday gift set is based on Ninjago, called “Temple of Celebrations”. No idea if Santa Garmadon (Santadon?) is actually included as a minifig or just on a postcard :shrug_oh_well:

"Santadon" is included even with the sleigh. I consider as highly unfair, that in this "Emplyee only set" there will be whole collection of golden figs. Speculants and re-sellers will get fortune for those...

7 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

"Santadon" is included even with the sleigh. I consider as highly unfair, that in this "Emplyee only set" there will be whole collection of golden figs. Speculants and re-sellers will get fortune for those...

For some reason I don't understand the outrage over that. Are any of the figs in this set even exclusive? Because as far as I can tell "Santa Garmadon" is just Garmadon with an existing Santa suit and beard, Skales Jr. is a Legacy Serpentine with short legs and a scarf, Misako is the version from Ninjago City Gardens but with the Lloyd shirt from that set or the Legoland Ninjago set, and all the golden ninja are the versions from their respective sets. None of those figures are truly unobtainable for Ninjago fans or collectors.

Like... yes, this means that Lego employees will get the full assortment of golden ninja without having to collect all the other sets. To which I say... why shouldn't they? Honestly I think it's pretty nice that Lego does something special for its employees at the end of every year, and a Ninjago holiday gift set with all the special figs from this year's Legacy sets definitely qualifies. Yes, the few of these sets that make it to the aftermarket will probably be expensive (as all employee gifts tend to be), but I don't think there's anything stopping even the most completionist fans from parting out the set and figures without having to go through the trouble of tracking down the employee gift set itself.

I agree. Given that there are no exclusive prints or pieces, there’s no need for anybody to be upset. TLG is just doing something nice for their employees around the holidays, like many companies do.