1 hour ago, Modal said:

Man as a Ninjago fan as of *checks notes* a couple weeks ago, it’s been torturous seeing leaks for everything except the one set I’m interested in :pir-bawling: I’m having Diagon Alley PTSD

Yeah I’m totally with you on that one haha! I’ve only bought like one Ninjago set in all my time collecting sets, however the gardens have captured my imagination in a way no other set has, and I’m really really hoping promobricks is correct about it coming out on the 1st of January because February seems so far away..... 

On a side note, the dragon is easily the best set of this wave, and I’m surprised about the keepers village because it’s not really a village in the way I imagined it, more like a hideout IMO.

2 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Still looking for pics of the catamaran.

Catamaran photos are also out on Instagram.

very interesting wave overall, glad to see the sets still hold up; insofar as ninja designs go, i like them all but prefer simpler designs like kai or nya or cole over jay and lloyd (but i'm glad they've got the stranded look to them: zane looks almost identical to his hunted variant funnily enough). villains look very interesting, sets themselves are neat, and i'll probably try to get a couple if only for those hairs

I have a lot to say about this s14 Ninjago wave

Phenomenal Ninjago wave,  A tropical Ninjago wave, I LOVE TROPICAL stuff and you should too. The Video Game stuff and Me dieval-ish stuff really don't interest me like at all, except a tropical wave? Amazing. And I'm not the only one that thinks all of the sets are phenomenal like.....

Chopper Jungle Bike - Thick structured bike with matching wheels and EVEN a brand new rim mold. Reminds me of Boulder Blaster. Great shaped bike.

Jungle Dragon - Great shape of the lizard dragon, barely a thing that looks out of place for it. The color is AMAZING too!

Keepers Village - Satisfying landscape lego build! Seriously, so phenomenal. Again the landscape build is incredible and small at the same time. 

Catamaran Sea Battle - Both Catamaran boats are incredibly great looking. The Kai one should have been for Nya though. The villain boat is structured very great. Amazing shape for both of them.

Even the villain goons have different headgear or heads. Last 2 Ninjago waves were that they're were critically a few molds for the villains.

I'd call this wave: Satisfying, Fun and an Original Idea unlike video game ninja or medeival ninja.

btw the prime empire wave was the weakest Ninjago wave I have ever seen.

I think this is an official picture...

55506_BC_1HY_2021_-_NZ_67.jpeg

Edited by JintaiZ

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I think it is the first time we've gotten the face scarf piece in azure, though.

Kind of, although the Zane minifigure from the Epic Battle Set also uses in that same color, and that's supposed to come out a month or two earlier.

I sort of understand not giving Nya a headband, since her hair is already tied back into a ponytail. Plus, if she had a headband as well, it might look a bit too similar to Cole's headband+topknot. It would've been neat if they'd recolored her hair tie to Dark Azur to match her mask, though.

I definitely share the frustration a lot of folks have about Nya not getting enough vehicles, although I do think that Kai's red and yellow contrast better with the color scheme of the other catamaran in the set better than any of the other ninja color schemes would have. Also, I couldn't help but giggle a bit after considering that having her on the sail portion of Lloyd's bike feels a little like payback for him and Sensei Garmadon driving her car back in the 2014 wave. :tongue:

1 hour ago, Gangikhan448 said:

Chopper Jungle Bike - Thick structured bike with matching wheels and EVEN a brand new rim mold.

That rim is a new recolor, but not a new mold — the same rim piece has previously appeared in silver in a few Super Heroes sets.

On that note, I can't help but feel that a lot of people's frustrations about Lloyd's bike looking too generic might have been lessened if this first pic showed it in its combined form rather than as two separate vehicles.

Something I don't see a lot of people mentioning is that it looks like the ninja this time around (except Zane and possibly Nya :sad:) all have weapons based around a Warm Gold recolor of the machete piece that first showed up in the LEGO City Jungle Explorers sets. Kai uses that piece by itself, Jay uses it on a flail, Lloyd uses it with a tassel piece on the end like the one on his typical sword, and Cole uses it on a glaive/polearm.

It's certainly not as varied as the ninja weapons have been in the past, but I feel like this is pretty clever, and suits the wilderness setting quite nicely!

I actually dig these a lot, although it's funny how Ninjago is now going all out with the Bionicle parallels, now going with a Pacific Islander-vibe with the location and builds. 

The Jungle Dragon-surprise surprise- is easily my favorite set. I love how lizard-like they made it, with relatively long fingers and toes. I love the head, I like it when LEGO makes these hybrid heads that are partly custom but still have attachment points for more pieces, plus I like the re-use of the Overlord Dragon's lower jaw. The underbite gives it a lot of character and that doofy tongue sticking out further makes him look like an overgrown Gecko. 

Oh yeah, and it's TEAL. Glorious, glorious teal!

The others are kind-of standard to me. There's a bike. The island "village" is a decent little playset, I like the little witch-doctor brew in the cave and the booby-trap in the bushes, I actually like it a bunch. I also like them finding more uses for the blades pack, the totem-golem looks pretty proper. The catamarans are interesting, I love the parts usage at the front to make it look bony. Plus more Bionicle-ish recolors are good with me.

Thinking about it though... yeah, it is kinda weird and messed-up they gave the fire character the catamaran and the water controlling one gets nothing, again.

However, on the topic of Nya... do you think this could be setting up an underwater season/location with Nya as the focus? Every other Ninja has gotten attention in a subtheme, Nya always gets left out. Having an underwater line would finally give them an excuse to go all-out with the Water character, kind-of like what happened with Hahli Mahri in Bionicle. She could get like, a giant sea-dragon, considering she hasn't gotten a single dragon all to herself. Ever.

Plus, it's one of like 2 things Ninjago hasn't tackled yet, aside from Space.

Just now, JoeyB said:

However, on the topic of Nya... do you think this could be setting up an underwater season/location with Nya as the focus? Every other Ninja has gotten attention in a subtheme, Nya always gets left out. Having an underwater line would finally give them an excuse to go all-out with the Water character, kind-of like what happened with Hahli Mahri in Bionicle. She could get like, a giant sea-dragon, considering she hasn't gotten a single dragon all to herself. Ever.

Plus, it's one of like 2 things Ninjago hasn't tackled yet, aside from Space.

I would love to see either a space or underwater season.

Something I noticed from the catalog, we finally get a really clear look at the wheel for all the golden legacy figures, and I figured out what Zane’s figure wears from the silhouette. He uses the forbidden Spinjitzu fire head wrap! I didn’t expect that piece to come back. 

About season 14, I really only care for the village and dragon sets. I like how the new ninja look, and the face masks of the villains are pretty cool too. I was right about the reuse of the overlord dragon head, but only the lower half. Interesting thing to note, there seems to be only one collectible this wave, the purple/gold amulet. I don’t think there’s only been just one before, usually there’s at least 2, so it’s nice to not have to worry so much about getting all of them. Overall, I’m pretty happy with this.

That teal dragon is fantastic looking, except for the wings.  Seriously, simply removing the wings entirely would be an improvement.  Or better yet reuse Wu's Battle Dragon's wings.

Am I the only one that sees the dragon medallion and thinks "Mortal Kombat"?  I can definitely think of a few uses for that part.

I really hope those catamaran sails aren't only printed on one side.  That always looks terrible on sideways triangular sails.  It would be better to just use the clear vinyl like Wu's Dragon's wings.  At least it would mostly look good from both sides that way.

The evil islander faction is nothing short of amazing looking.  I love everyone of those figures.  The light purple skin and the teal and gold outfit highlights work exceptionally well.  I can see many future fantasy custom figs using those parts.

As with most Ninjago sets the ninja themselves are the most boring part of the sets.  :devil:

1 hour ago, Lord Insanity said:

That teal dragon is fantastic looking, except for the wings.  Seriously, simply removing the wings entirely would be an improvement.  Or better yet reuse Wu's Battle Dragon's wings.

Am I the only one that sees the dragon medallion and thinks "Mortal Kombat"?  I can definitely think of a few uses for that part.

I really hope those catamaran sails aren't only printed on one side.  That always looks terrible on sideways triangular sails.  It would be better to just use the clear vinyl like Wu's Dragon's wings.  At least it would mostly look good from both sides that way.

The evil islander faction is nothing short of amazing looking.  I love everyone of those figures.  The light purple skin and the teal and gold outfit highlights work exceptionally well.  I can see many future fantasy custom figs using those parts.

As with most Ninjago sets the ninja themselves are the most boring part of the sets.  :devil:

I saw Mortal Kombat too.  All these sets look great the dragon is awesome looking.  The keeper village is a day one buy for me.  The villains look incredible.  That head piece for the chief looks fantastic.  My youngest son is also really excited for this wave.  The catamaran looks great too.  Hopefully they start appearing before march in places.  

5 hours ago, JoeyB said:

Thinking about it though... yeah, it is kinda weird and messed-up they gave the fire character the catamaran and the water controlling one gets nothing, again.

Can't say much more than this but... times are changing :wink:

Those sets are gorgeous, I love them. 

Lloyd's Bike: For another oversized motorcycle the build is pretty okay. I like detachable aircraft for Nya. Minfigure selection is great, I love that Nya once again comes in a cheap set. 

Jungle Dragon: Build looks really good, I love the colour scheme, it's also nice to have a sidebuild for Zane. I also like that it has an exclusive minifigure. 

Keepers' Village: Definitely my favourite set. I absolutely love the build and how it's divided into right jungle section with pirates vibes, and the left evil cave lair section with all those cool details. It also has the best minifgure selection, as all ninjas have bandanas there (they look great together).

Catamaran Battle: I actually love those builds and their colour schemes, especially Keepers' one. The set feels really unique. Minfigures are also great.

So overall, this wave has incredible minfigures (I like Island Jay the most out of all the ninjas) and great builds.

Also, according to the catalogue Legacy sets are coming in February... That would explain why the sets aren't up on Shop@Home and don't have official pictures.

Lloyd's Bike: Another standard ninja bike set, which we have already gotten 100 times already. 

Jungle Dragon: Like most people in this thread, this is easily my favorite set of the wave. I love the use of the teal color and the molded dragon head. I'll definitely pick this one up whenever I get the chance. 

Catamaran Sea Battle: An interesting concept for a set, it kind of reminds me of the set 8624 from Bionicle. But while I like the idea, the set itself looks pretty standard. As everybody else in this thread, I am also baffled by why they decided to give the boat vehicle to Kai instead of Nya.  

Keeper's Village: Again, interesting concept, but the set itself doesn't look particularly interesting to me. It might have helped if the set was a little bigger and more imposing. 

Overall, a pretty interesting wave for Ninjago. As it's usual for this theme, the Ninjas themselves are the most boring aspect of the wave, while the villains are easily the stand out here. I love all the new pieces they introduced, like those tribal masks and the Keeper's crown. The collectables in this wave are also quite interesting, they kind of remind me of the Atlantis keys. 

Unfortunate about Nya. But I can say at least they tried (kind of). Except for the 1st season Nya got always a good treatment in the show and at least a few times she did have the main or at least 2nd most important role - or at least many interesting side quests.

You could consider some vehicles to be hers as she designed or helped to keep them running (kind of). But yeah except for some smallish builds the Samurai X is the only big toy she ever got for herself.

I assume - like the 2nd Lego movie - (real) Feminism works great in story and makes great sets, but it doesnt sell as Lego would have liked. I still respect that they tried.

Her Ninjago-movie set was arguably the worst vehicle ever so I dont count it. Before Ninjago ends I would like to get at least a dragon, a jet some kind of boat or submarine would be fitting.

Another question though is about the colour. Would the sets be grey with dark azure accents? I would prefer mostly dark azur with some accents of a different colour (black, dark red).

Anyway to the official sets: Of course as always as good as possible with the budget and much better than any other theme could be.
Only complaint also here: Nya doesnt even have a repainted hairband. Would be about time now..
I would have also been super happy with a new mold for a straw-hat-hair combo for her.

10 hours ago, JoeyB said:

Maybe a dragon of water, using trans blue pieces

Similar to Elsa's horse in Frozen 2 and the LEGO set based on the movie

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe a dragon of water, using trans blue pieces

Similar to Elsa's horse in Frozen 2 and the LEGO set based on the movie

Considering Ninjago dragons are typically brick built, I don't know if we'd get one with transparent colors as the dominant color scheme. Lego tends to avoid builds in a single color in general, and transparent colors have the added challenge of potentially making the instructions complicated to follow (since on a large build it could be hard to keep track of which parts are newly placed and which are from previous steps).

Just_azani say in The Gardens of Ninjago city releasing in April

14 minutes ago, someguy827 said:

Where did he say that?

yeah I would like to know that as well..... im sure im not the only one praying for a jan 1st release, and I have a theroy to why the legacy sets r coming out in feb. it could be because the catalog is from new Zealand, and they're gonna get the sets later like how it works with the America / uk set releases.

27 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

yeah I would like to know that as well..... im sure im not the only one praying for a jan 1st release, and I have a theroy to why the legacy sets r coming out in feb. it could be because the catalog is from new Zealand, and they're gonna get the sets later like how it works with the America / uk set releases.

You’re totally right, I saw that ninja_whip confirmed a January release date for the legacy sets. I think an April release date for the gardens doesn’t make too much sense to me because of the golden Wu. So are people going to collect some of the golden Ninjas and then wait 4 months for the gardens to come out so that they can add Wu? Doesn’t make much sense tbh.

Edited by someguy827