Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[DoM] Yngvi's New Dwelling

On return from his adventures rescuing his family in the southern lands, Yngvi has moved to one of his Lords northern most hamlets as the steward. He arrives just in time for winter and he and his family settle into a modest house; typical of the dwellings in a Mitgardian small rural settlement. Designed to assist it's occupants survive the harsh winters in some little comfort, the house is typical in it's long design and slopped roof. Being crafted out of stone and having a separate section for livestock indicates this house is for a more important member of the small community. On a brisk mid-winters day, Yngvi and Erik attend to their chores; Yngvi clearing snow from the houses entrance and Erik feeding and milking Clover the goat. 

50092551531_9bbd6118c9_c.jpg

A second submission for the Dwellings of Mitgardia community build and my first (hopefully there will be at least a few more) entry into this year's Summer Joust. I've dabbled with snow scenes before, but this time I wanted to go 'full snow' for the Frozen North category. I'm really pleased with the result, and with the cheap piece of grey cloth I got to use as a background! No more white-wash in my white builds!!

This house looks really great! The texture of the wall is very well balanced, detailed enough but not overdone. Very well done, good luck with the Summer Joust! 

This is great!  Really like the low roof, and using dark bley provides some extra contrast than the usual light bley gives.

Stop making me wish I was still in Mitgardia, mate! :grin:  This is an awesome example of a cottage in the frozen north :wub: - the low, long, snow-covered roof really captures the Viking-ish feeling, and a goat shelter underneath is about the only thing that could make it better!  The wood pile and chimney give the house a cozy atmosphere too in contrast with the snow piled up outside.  Keep it up! :thumbup:

I like how you're trying out some new house designs - this looks cozy (though as a matter of fact it'd probably be a pain to live in :laugh: ) and fits perfectly with the snowscape.  The goat pen is a great touch too!

I really like the building.  The texturing is nice.  The long slanted roof is a great idea with the area for the goats on the end.  The snowscape is done well.  The figs look good too.  Great job overall.  

Really lovely, cozy-looking home.  I heartily agree that the wall textures are great, and that long overhang for storage and livestock is nicely integrated.  And that snow looks appropriately heavy and deep.  Great build!

Very nice work.  I like the low sloped roof and all the snow.  Looks cold and rural.  Firewood is a nice touch.

1 hour ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Is there an interior?

No, no interior. I made the back wall removable so I had the option but I didn’t end up doing one

4 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

No, no interior. I made the back wall removable so I had the option but I didn’t end up doing one

That's a pity. It looks so cozy, I just wanted to peek inside! 

Great work with the snow and I also really like the shaping of the house with the angled roof. Well done dude!