Sign in to follow this  
Corweena

[SR - Challenge III - Cat D] No Survivors

June 620, Somewhere along the northern coast of El Oleonda

The Hephaestus, a frigate crewed by a mercenary group of Sea Rats, and carrying a Letter of Marque from Carno, spotted a lone Lotii War junk of the coast of El Oleonda. Fearing the greater firepower of the enemy, the Lotii changed coarse to make for the nearest protected bay. In the ensuing chase, the Lotii, being unfamiliar with the waters, ran their ship into a reef, where it subsequently broke up. The crew of the Hephaestus, hauled to, and sent their launch into the shallow waters to survey the wreckage. 

50037221288_69e1b7f6c1_c.jpg

Upon reaching the wreckage, the captain spots some remaining Lotii crew clinging to floating debris. 

50037762501_f6dfdb67bd_c.jpg

The Captain surveys the scene, and orders his men "To arms! Send every last one of them to the depths! There can be no survivors!"

50037221093_805a557e1c_c.jpg

The men take aim, and fire upon the Lotii. 

50038027612_4d43f476aa_c.jpg

"Well done men, an extra ration of rum for all of ye! And one less lot of these blasted mongrels on the seas" exclaimed the Captain, and they rowed back to their ship, their mission complete.

50037846131_e79e7b39eb_c.jpg

My submission for Challenge III, Category D(A). 

I agree with BD, the longboat looks very good. 

Shooting at the survivors, it's...very piratey.:pir-grin:

6 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Great longboat!

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

I agree with BD, the longboat looks very good. 

Shooting at the survivors, it's...very piratey.:pir-grin:

Thanks! Pretty happy with the boat. It was kind of a proof of concept for me, will probably build some class 1 or 2 gunboats and sloops using this technique in the future.

And you know how the saying goes.....Dead Men Tell No Tales :pir-skel:

Edited by Corweena

A nice longboat and a the story is just exactly what we expect from SR...

Just a flat : the SR captain and some crew looks very clean for scurvy scoundrels

Correction : they are dressed in blue to cover it up... the history will remember that Oleon finished off shipwrecked lotii near El Oleonda... very piratey indeed :thumbup:

SR will deny any knowledge...

16 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Correction : they are dressed in blue to cover it up... the history will remember that Oleon finished off shipwrecked lotii near El Oleonda... very piratey indeed :thumbup:

hahahaha

nice one Corweena once again!

I love the boat! My only suggestion is some transparent studs around the survivors.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:14 PM, Professor Thaum said:

I understand your enthusiasm in procuring OL uniforms for your guys, though anyone wearing our uniforms are expected to act properly.

2 hours ago, Bodi said:

I understand your enthusiasm in procuring OL uniforms for your guys, though anyone wearing our uniforms are expected to act properly.

Oh, so I have to give up my false-flag project of redcoat scalp-hunters and skinners? What a pity! :pir_laugh2: Pun apart, is nice to see some organized groups and original variations in the free traders' faction, something similar to @Kwatchi's Ashen Guard or @Roadmonkeytj's Charlatan Bay militia... real pirates never organized actual states or military units, but a rich merchant or landlord could have tried to establish private overseas empires, even if nobody did that.

About the build: the boat, as others said, is very nice, as well as minifig posing. Adding some trans-clear or blue plates here and there could have been nice, but the water works well anyways for me. Nice job, even if that unnecessary cruelty is... well... great! :pir_laugh2:

Nice row boat.

The use of Oleon uniform to diguise an act of piracy is well thought... and really Piratey ! :pir-vader:

On 6/23/2020 at 6:18 PM, Sir Kingston said:

I agree, great longboat!

Thank you! I was really happy with how it turned out. 

On 6/24/2020 at 5:14 AM, Professor Thaum said:

A nice longboat and a the story is just exactly what we expect from SR...

Just a flat : the SR captain and some crew looks very clean for scurvy scoundrels

While I can see how it could be seen as an Oleonaise uniform, upon closer inspection you can find it is but a simple blue jacket over a striped red and white shirt. But, any conclusions that may be drawn concerning said uniforms  cannot be helped, especially when such barbaric actions have been taken :pir_laugh2:

On 6/24/2020 at 5:32 AM, Fraunces said:

hahahaha

nice one Corweena once again!

Thank you! Took me a good while to considered some sort of naval encounter that didn't involve larger ships.

On 6/24/2020 at 4:57 PM, KotZ said:

I love the boat! My only suggestion is some transparent studs around the survivors.

Thanks! And I just got in a Bricklink order with some clear studs. I was limited on time to finish the build, but now with the deadline extended to July, I may go back and retouch some parts and edit with new pictures. 

19 hours ago, Bodi said:

Any conclusions that have been arrived at concerning the uniforms are solely placed on the persons drawing the conclusions......

That being said....such rumors will not be denied :pir-grin:

15 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Oh, so I have to give up my false-flag project of redcoat scalp-hunters and skinners? What a pity! :pir_laugh2: Pun apart, is nice to see some organized groups and original variations in the free traders' faction, something similar to @Kwatchi's Ashen Guard or @Roadmonkeytj's Charlatan Bay militia... real pirates never organized actual states or military units, but a rich merchant or landlord could have tried to establish private overseas empires, even if nobody did that.

About the build: the boat, as others said, is very nice, as well as minifig posing. Adding some trans-clear or blue plates here and there could have been nice, but the water works well anyways for me. Nice job, even if that unnecessary cruelty is... well... great! :pir_laugh2:

Precisely what I am going for....while not Pirates per say, these men prefer the freedoms offered them by the Sea Rat faction, while still maintaining a sense of order and heirarchy. Many of them were indeed citizens of other nations, who grew tired of the laws (and tyranny) imposed by their governments. 

With the deadline extended, I'll probably re-shoot the scene with a few improvements in a few days. 

1 hour ago, Faladrin said:

Nice row boat.

The use of Oleon uniform to diguise an act of piracy is well thought... and really Piratey ! :pir-vader:

I can neither confirm nor deny that was the intention....but by all means, spread the word! :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by Corweena

Great job on that longboat indeed - the shape is excellent and my does it fit quite a crew! :thumbup:  I'll second the others about the black flag tactics and using the Oleon uniform too! :pir_laugh2: :pir-grin:

On 8/4/2020 at 11:45 AM, Garmadon said:

Great job on that longboat indeed - the shape is excellent and my does it fit quite a crew! :thumbup:  I'll second the others about the black flag tactics and using the Oleon uniform too! :pir_laugh2: :pir-grin:

Thanks! 

Although, in light of the recently announced news, it may be best to stow the blue uniforms, lest I draw unwanted attention and ire from certain factions :pir-grin: