mapimi

Lego 10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

9 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

Shipping date goes back and forth now. It was 20 august this morning, now back to 15 september. They have no idea what to do:smug:

It seems they are about to produce a new batch of sets from scratch. I'd expect them to have at least two months lead time, so I can pretty well understand the bump to september 15th to begin with. I think they are just relying on the production dates of the factory, maybe they even automatically change those everytime the factory gives a new date indication.

Edited by raised

1 hour ago, Duq said:

Like people in America who bought every bottle of hand sanitiser in their county and then sold them on Amazon for a profit.

It's called a free market. Sometimes that means competition will get you things cheaper, sometimes you're ripped off.

Toilet paper was very high on the list here. And all sorts of pasta. Some actually offered toilet paper with ridiculous prices during the first weeks in this land of confusion. Well Germany that is. At least we don't believe wearing a mask is for softies only - that works remarkably well. Maybe because we are all softies here, who knows. Seems to work though.  

Also, for me fair "competition" has something positive to it - would replace that with "neoliberal greedy capitalism" in this case.

But then: Why sell 3 per customer? Because they are all gifts for others, I know. Reality though shows better though, I guess.

Oh well. Reality it is.

ALl the best
Thorsten

Ordered two at 9:30pm Pacific time (US west coast). They shipped this morning, with the 12-in-1. ?

For anybody wondering, this guy has made a PF mod that conceals the receiver without many extra pieces, and shows exactly how in this video.

I waited till 12 o'clock, then PayPal failed for some reason so I needed to wait for the order to get approved, estimates are now September 15... Next time TLG complains about train sets not selling...

11 minutes ago, JopieK said:

Next time TLG complains about train sets not selling...

Oh man. That is really bad. But I will eventually show up.

I just wonder how many they made for the initial release. 100? More?

Best
Thorsten

7 minutes ago, Toastie said:

Oh man. That is really bad. But I will eventually show up.

I just wonder how many they made for the initial release. 100? More?

Best
Thorsten

Yups, patience... but now I'm a bit jealous of my wife with here summer vacation Lamborghini Sian build ;) Well I don't know, many more I assume, probably the US has a different stock than the EU though. Stange that they limited it to two per person, should have been 1 of course. That was also my idea, buy one now and buy an extra one in autumn. 

1 minute ago, JopieK said:

summer vacation Lamborghini Sian build

The Lambo - so many flaws ... your wife needs to study the Technic thread on that rather well, she most probably knows though.

OK: If I they would let me choose: 10 Sians now or one crock in September: I'd go with the latter. It's worth the wait.

Best
Thorsten

11 minutes ago, Toastie said:

The Lambo - so many flaws ... your wife needs to study the Technic thread on that rather well, she most probably knows though.

OK: If I they would let me choose: 10 Sians now or one crock in September: I'd go with the latter. It's worth the wait.

Best
Thorsten

I just finished my Sián built.  No problems at all; slight color differences in the small pieces but not horrible. No missing parts like other people said. No mistakes in the instructions, everything seems to be right. And most of all; my Sián drives perfectly in any gear without clicking noises or grinding to a halt ???

When I get back home from work I will post a review on LEGO’s website. There were a lot of people complaining about this set; and I think it was awesome. There are not a lot of extra pieces on this box; but everything you need was there. 

2 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

For 2x MSRP

Now maybe, not at the time I posted.

I got the set yesterday! Thankfully the Lego store was kind enough to save one for me since I had an hour drive to get there. They had sold out during the drive! Still haven't built it but I hope to today

54 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

<snip>
Poor sand in the machine, make them crazy.

Please delete this post. Making false claims is not helping anyone. I understand you don't like resellers, but encouraging illegal actions is not kosher ....

Edited by Phil B

1 hour ago, Wimmer said:

but everything you need was there. 

And that is the most important thing: That you are happy!

You know, that post I made was to support @JopieK live through the vacation time, badly waiting for September - and his wife happily building the Sian.

Oh, and it was meant as I joke ... I should use more of these: :sarcasm_smug:. See I never built the Sian - just hearsay and reading in the Technic forum. Oooops, Merde Royal (the spell blitzdings thing never catches the French ...) - I sound like DJT - joke wise that is. He is joking all the time ...

So, I would do the same thing: When you are happy, go to TLGs website and praise the set. I believe sch posts are even more important (as they are in daily life) than all the complaints. And suggestions. I have a good one for the Sian: The Technic pin on page 666, step 666 should be turned by 180°. That makes it so much bettter. Ha! I am the Technic Guru :pir-huzzah2:

Have fun!

Thorsten

Just now, JaBaCaDaBra said:

oh wel...
actually its not that illegal but as you wish

"Illegal" is not the right word but I couldn't find a better word. Thanks anyway for your edit.

Just now, Phil B said:

"Illegal" is not the right word but I couldn't find a better word. Thanks anyway for your edit.

no prb.
I'm actuallyquite mad at amazon lately..
..something about letting you pay for prime and thus deliver everything 10 days later..
etc..

B.O.T.
Hope to get mine tommorrow.

10 minutes ago, Toastie said:

step 666 should be turned by 180°

Thats an 2L pin with 1L axle and can't be reversed.

10 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Thats an 2L pin with 1L axle and can't be reversed

What the devil ... :jollyroger: how could I have possibly missed that! Ahhh - sorry: You turn that 2L pin with 1L axle 180° around its main axis. Phew. That was close. Nevertheless: It makes it run so much smoother!!!

Cross fingers that your croc arrives tomorrow!

Best
Thorsten

33 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Thanks anyway for your edit.

If you want to make it go away "entirely" you need to edit your reply post as well otherwise it stays there :innocent2:

Just now, Toastie said:

If you want to make it go away "entirely" you need to edit your reply post as well otherwise it stays there :innocent2:

Danke!