Captain Nemo

Licensed Lego Ideas - Support & Discussion

11 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

. . . There are exposed pins on the end of the set, which means there’s some hope for an expansion set coming later on that might connect to it! Fingers crossed!

I expect, that there are a few different ways to assemble the set. Maybe the classic 3 in 1 option. 

So you are able to build a bigger scene by buying three of the sets. 

Again, I don't understand the hate for this set. I understand people apparently wanted Mania specifically, but Mania itself is already so heavily rooted in the original series and graphically, this area is not very different from the original on a visual level, and that's an intentional decision. However, I simply do not know how the design for Robotnik passed. The head just looks so bad that I legitimately can't believe they couldn't have come up with a more clever design.

To be honest I definitely think the Sonic set changed for the better. Sonic Mania isn't anywhere near as iconic as the original game and I can't see the appeal to the general public of having so much of the build/price being taken up by the final boss from Sonic 2 who most people probably wouldn't have reached as kids. I wish there were a few more prints rather than stickers but overall I really like it. I think the Eggmobile is the coolest part.

If we get two more sets to connect with this one, I hope it would be Tails and Knuckles. 

Edited by Mr No

26 minutes ago, Mr No said:

If we get two more sete to connect with this one, I hope it would be Tails and Knuckles. 

My idea for that was that if this sells well, maybe they'd do an iconic level from Sonic 2 (Chemical Plant?) in the same style and have a Tails figure. Then do an iconic level from Sonic 3 (Maybe Carnival Night or Icecap) with Knuckles.

Edited by Zepthire

4 hours ago, Zepthire said:

To be honest I definitely think the Sonic set changed for the better. Sonic Mania isn't anywhere near as iconic as the original game and I can't see the appeal to the general public of having so much of the build/price being taken up by the final boss from Sonic 2 who most people probably wouldn't have reached as kids. I wish there were a few more prints rather than stickers but overall I really like it. I think the Eggmobile is the coolest part.

Agreed. Slight shame that some of the key elements, that you would actually play with are stickers, but it's not a deal breaker.

4 hours ago, Mr No said:

If we get two more sets to connect with this one, I hope it would be Tails and Knuckles. 

4 hours ago, Zepthire said:

My idea for that was that if this sells well, maybe they'd do an iconic level from Sonic 2 (Chemical Plant?) in the same style and have a Tails figure. Then do an iconic level from Sonic 3 (Maybe Carnival Night or Icecap) with Knuckles.

This would be excellent. I was pondering earlier whether you could do a Chemical Zone level to follow on from Green Hill zone, but a second set with Tails would be awesome. I hope it sells well enough to justify it, but I can't see it happening. I very much wish I am wrong!

In fun news, the fan designer of Sonic has said on Twitter they will post some alterations to allow you to expand it with two sets. Implied that this was part of the plan during development with LEGO. Although I don't know why they wouldn't make it post of the official instructions to do that. Either way, sounds promising.

Do you guys think we might get another Sesame Street? Also, for how long will this set be in production? 

I really hope we see Futurama at some point, even if it’s a one of D2C with a mini figure line like the Simpsons. 

On 1/17/2022 at 8:30 AM, Legoman123 said:

I really hope we see Futurama at some point, even if it’s a one of D2C with a mini figure line like the Simpsons. 

Speaking of Futurama, this rejected product idea by Nicola Stocchi deserves a second chance. And given that LEGO Ideas is now able to produce new-mold parts on a case-by-case basis, I can see minifigures of Fry, Leela and Bender being included!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8ca5f24f-48dd-4a18-9b11-ee77193069cc

Now if only LEGO Ideas could do another Special Review Fan Vote one day.

On 1/16/2022 at 3:18 PM, Portal Out said:

Just passed 2.5k supporters on my Hollow Knight set and figured I'd drop it here to see if anybody would be willing to support:

webp

Here's the project link if anyone is interested https://ideas.lego.com/projects/66cf4c6c-8932-49af-8445-6443ca1cd6bc

Thanks guys!

Dude, I’m a HUGE Hollow Knight fan. This set looks so rad. Definitely going to support and share in some video game forums I’m in. The last stag and lamp are beautifully designed!

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

Dude, I’m a HUGE Hollow Knight fan. This set looks so rad. Definitely going to support and share in some video game forums I’m in. The last stag and lamp are beautifully designed!

Thanks!

Playmobil got the Naruto license... *huh* Dunno if this will affect Lego if they decide to make the Ideas set. But I guess this means the company is open to license the property to european toy companies. 

Edited by Mr No

19 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Crap you guys! Captain Nemo sunk my ship! 

WARNING: Don't make threads that are Q&A's for members. I didn't know that was illegal 

Edit: I saw what happened, no further interaction warranted.

Edited by RedHoodPug

On 1/16/2022 at 11:18 PM, Portal Out said:

Just passed 2.5k supporters on my Hollow Knight set and figured I'd drop it here to see if anybody would be willing to support:

webp

Here's the project link if anyone is interested https://ideas.lego.com/projects/66cf4c6c-8932-49af-8445-6443ca1cd6bc

Thanks guys!

My favourite game ever and this is a fantastic project! Been waiting for someone on the community to create something like this.

I'll gladly support it, but after the performance of the Adventure Time set and the fact that Hollow Knight isn't a massive franchise I don't think it has a chance of passing that stupidly secretive review process the current Ideas-Team goes through.

Here's hoping though.

In order for an IP to get approved by LEGO Ideas it would have to be very big and popular. It has to be something that is not similar to things LEGO already does.

"Aladdin: Friend Like Me (30th Anniversary Special)" wont happen because they already do Aladdin stuff via Disney Princess.

"Air Jordan 1" wont happen because of the Adidas shoe and overall Adidas partnership.

"Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers!" wont happen because of the Rescue Rangers BrickHeadz (which means its now an "existing license")

"BMW Isetta" wont happen because LEGO has a relationship with BMW already.

"Lancia Delta Integrale 16v Rally Car(1990)" wont happen because LEGO has a relationship already with the overall group that owns Lancia (via cars in Speed Champions, Technic etc)

"DuckTales: The Money Bin" wont happen because of existing Duck Tales products (BrickHeads etc)

IPs LEGO have done in the past are also likely not going to be approved for Ideas (Sonic here is an exception since it only appeared in Dimensions and not as a set

"Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark - 40th Anniversary" wont happen, there are rumors Indiana Jones is comming back (connected to the new movie) but even if it isn't, LEGO wouldn't do it through Ideas.

IPs who's ownership is tied with another toy company are also out of the question.

"Thomas the Tank Engine" wont happen since I believe Mattel now owns it.

"CATAN - The Game" wont happen since its made by another toy/game company.

Also LEGO ideas projects that suggest building models of real-world products are probably not going to happen (like the Walkman idea or the Polaroid camera idea)