Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Not to be the one to keep repeating the question, but are we definitely not getting another set? Just like many others, I deeply feel the loss of Red Guardian and Taskmaster's shield. 

It's still an amazing set, Widow's costume has to be the highlight

I can't stop wondering. Why on the box art Taskamaster's "shield" is light grey, but on the out of the box picture it's dark grey? Probably just an error.

Yes! Yes! Yes! That is a vehicle set done properly. This is a day one must buy for me. I already have the TaskMaster from the comic line, so can easily that. Also think the fig is pretty cool. Overall think this is the best set we have gotten since HoA last year

I have only one question. Who's piloting the heli?
On the boxart you can clearly see all 3 minifigures are outside the craft, but the vehicle is in motion and already took off from the surface.
I don't get it....is this some kind of RC copter or what?

Anyway I like it.

Edited by Anak

11 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The box art is gorgeous and Widow is still a great figure, but Taskmaster still looks bad and the horrible sword and shield don’t help. I can’t believe they didn’t make a printed shield and use one of those short Roman gladius swords. Yelena looks good except for the reused generic face (I literally thought it was the same as Natasha’s for a second) that looks nothing like the actress, and that tired hairstyle. The build looks good and I quite like how this and the Captain Marvel set both have large substantial vehicle builds for $30- they definitely seem to be worth the money. 

The hair used for Sequel Trilogy Leia would probably work very well for Yelena (if it was available in that blond/bright yellow color)

6 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Btw did anyone else notice that LEGO has gon back from built-up battons to lightsaber blades again? What’s up with that?

These sets were probably designed simultaneously so one designer went with the more creative route and the other didn't, but that's just a guess

2 hours ago, Anak said:

I have only one question. Who's piloting the heli?
On the boxart you can clearly see all 3 minifigures are outside the craft, but the vehicle is in motion and already took off from the surface.
I don't get it....is this some kind of RC copter or what?

Anyway I like it.

Taskmaster is supposed to pilot it, but if they put him inside the heli on the box you couldn't see him properly 

I agree with everyone's complaints on Taskmasters sword and shield. But considering this is what Hasbro is releasing I think it's not really lego's fault but Marvel's:

a6343d40-3897-11ea-bdbf-18ddea64d8a7

On 1/17/2020 at 7:02 AM, ToaDraco said:

I'm also kinda surprised they didn't choose to use the new hood piece over the old. Hopefully his shield and weapons look good.

Hey, this set would have been in development some time around this time last year, right? Or even late 2018? Is it possible that whoever designed this set didn’t know that they were introducing a new hood piece over in the Star Wars line and that’s why it uses the old one? Can’t help but notice that new hood has only seen use in SW to date. 

. . . There’s no way the hood is tagged as a specifically SW licensed part and cannot be used anywhere else, right?

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hey, this set would have been in development some time around this time last year, right? Or even late 2018? Is it possible that whoever designed this set didn’t know that they were introducing a new hood piece over in the Star Wars line and that’s why it uses the old one? Can’t help but notice that new hood has only seen use in SW to date. 

. . . There’s no way the hood is tagged as a specifically SW licensed part and cannot be used anywhere else, right?

Could be, I'm really happy this set uses the old hood. Not a fan of the new one, only works on a very small amount of figures

I am now even more bewildered by the pricing of last year’s helicopter set. If the news is correct then it’s more or less twice what this set costs?

And this helicopter has a second rotor which isn’t a sticker. And it has a back half. This could almost be a price sensitivity consumer experiment at this point.

I suppose the answer could be “We have a Hulk”, but... 

New chopper looks neat though. I think there are some overlooked gems in the Marvel aircraft so far, the Hogan plane from FFH and Black Panther’s CW jet were both solid beasts.

And respect to that little quad bike which would be too basic for a magazine cover. So bad it goes all the way back round to genius. I love it.

Just now, ReversibleSedgewick said:

I am now even more bewildered by the pricing of last year’s helicopter set. If the news is correct then it’s more or less twice what this set costs?

And this helicopter has a second rotor which isn’t a sticker. And it has a back half. This could almost be a price sensitivity consumer experiment at this point.

The only reason the Hulk Helicopter set is as expensive as it is is because lego knows people are dying to get Rescue and the Stark Gauntlet. Even with a bigfig it shouldn't be that expensive

Very excited for the Yelena minifig! All three actually look really good, Taskmaster is the weakest but it's not bad as much as it is plain. Would have preferred a different design be used in the movie in general, but oh well. I'm also a fan of the helicopter, it's nice to get a realistic looking one instead of the usual. You could even use that helicopter in a military MOC too. I'm guessing the Yahoo report on all the BW merch guarantees we are only getting one set

Lego Marvel sets based on female lead MCU movies and not including the character who is obviously going to be the twist villain, name a more iconic duo. Seriously, 2 for 2 at this point. We got Killian for Iron Man 3 and we got Mysterio for FFH, so where's Yon Rogg and Melina? Unless she's under the Taskmaster mask.

Speaking of Taskmaster, he has a nice face print. I still hate his movie look though, so it doesn't do much for me. I'll probably use his parts to make other figures. 

They were less lazy with Nat and Yelena than I expected. New leg and torso printing for both? Wow Lego, you're really getting daring with this set aren't you?

What's this? A lego marvel helicopter that's actually... realistic and looks good? Impossible. There has to be some mistake here. Am I looking at the right set pictures? Oh no, there's a truly awful quad bike, I definitely am. Much as I like the helicopter, I wish they did his M1117 Armoured Security Vehicle looking thing instead, as we've never got anything like it before.

4 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

New chopper looks neat though. I think there are some overlooked gems in the Marvel aircraft so far, the Hogan plane from FFH and Black Panther’s CW jet were both solid beasts.

Black Panther’s Jet is one of my all time favorite Marvel sets. Great for play and display; includes a serviceable Jeep side build; and its an easy way to get Winter Soldier, Black Panther, and Cap.

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

Much as I like the helicopter, I wish they did his M1117 Armoured Security Vehicle looking thing instead, as we've never got anything like it before.

I’m sure if Lego had made that, they would have made it orange and stickered his logo and mask all over it. :P

The helicopter is alright, I’m not a big fan of those premade hulls, but seems like a decent set for $30. Lots of “content” to it which I always appreciate. 

9 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Black Panther’s Jet is one of my all time favorite Marvel sets. Great for play and display; includes a serviceable Jeep side build; and its an easy way to get Winter Soldier, Black Panther, and Cap.

I’m sure if Lego had made that, they would have made it orange and stickered his logo and mask all over it. :P

I thought there is one more black widow set coming? or is that false? 

28 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

I think when all the leaked set names came out there were 2 marvel sets and one of the leakers on IG said it was possible that both were Widow sets but I think he recently said thats not the case.

So sadly unless Lego does a Captain Marvel style SDCC thing this year, this is our only set for the movie.

3 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

The info came from me and I said it was a possibility that 76151 was a black widow set as well due to a few things but it seems it is in fact something different coming from marvel 

17 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The info came from me and I said it was a possibility that 76151 was a black widow set as well due to a few things but it seems it is in fact something different coming from marvel 

Can you say what 76151 is - Perhaps something from Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Sam, Bucky, Zemo)? 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Interesting! Thanks for the update!

Normally I'd say we might see Red Guardian in a polybag but considering he needs a recolor of Cap's helmet I don't really see that happening (they could print the mask/helmet on the head itself but that would look pretty weird)

I may be in the minority, but this set doesn't excite me. The only positive to me is the leg printing. Taskmaster is just bad, but so is his MCU design. Lack of Red Guardian will be lamented, seems like another Marvel movie that definitely could have had more than one set