Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

12 hours ago, Fraunces said:

It's my birthday today so to make up for the corona lockdown I bought the Barracuda bay just now. :laugh: the Fraunces brothers are going to visit the legendary Redbeard!

Happy birthday, Fraunces. I envision we'll see soon a fleet of BSB roaming the brisk seas. Mine arrived today, and it's made in China, by the TLG's Zhejiang factory.:sweet:

On 3/26/2020 at 8:23 AM, Fraunces said:

maybe we should just make capt. Redbeard and the Barracuda Bay/ The BSB a NPC part of the game

Maybe the next KPA will have something to say about that...  :pir-wink:

Somewhat against my better judgement (It's been a long time since I spent that much money on an official LEGO set vice Bricklink....) I just ordered Barracuda Bay... Just couldn't help myself :)

8 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Somewhat against my better judgement (It's been a long time since I spent that much money on an official LEGO set vice Bricklink....) I just ordered Barracuda Bay... Just couldn't help myself :)

I am at exactly that position minus the clicking of the buy button... 

11 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Maybe the next KPA will have something to say about that...  :pir-wink:

Yes please! Make Cpt Redbeard an honorary NPC player or even a myth/lore character! He can become the Chuck Norris of BoBS!

Edited by blackdeathgr

7 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Price-wise my "Pirates Bay" was a giant bag of cereal pearl gold from BrickLink. I had a bowl-full. It was extraordinary.

7 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

He can become the Chuck Norris of BoBS!

I hear Captain Redbeard doesn't sail; he lassoos the wind and forces it to do his bidding. 

So, with the release of the Pirates of Barracuda Bay, I got to thinking, (this could be good or bad!) what would I want to see in an imperial fort from lego? I was thinking along the lines of a remake of Eldorado Fortress or the Imperial Trading Post, maybe a mash up of the two? With the same style baseplate and general colors of the Pirates of Barracuda Bay. It's been a while since I uploaded to Lego Ideas and I thought I might take a swing at pirates theme, specifically the Imperials. I'm not sure they would do another a pirates themed set, but I'd have to get something to 10k votes to find that out.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas you guys may have on what you would want to see in something like that? Lots of masonry bricks (maybe in white?), cool features, maybe a remake of the original Imperial Flagship as an extra?

17 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Yes please! Make Cpt Redbeard an honorary NPC player or even a myth/lore character! He can become the Chuck Norris of BoBS!

This would be amazing!!

18 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

I just realized you and I signed up for Eurobricks on the exact same day.

I never met Chucky Boy. Is he still around? Someone once told me that he could cut through a knife with hot butter, so... what can Redbeard do????

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

It's been a while since I uploaded to Lego Ideas

It's also been a while since I uploaded to Lego Ideas... like never...

Just now, Captain Dee said:

It's also been a while since I uploaded to Lego Ideas... like never...

Lol! I've got over 40 projects on lego ideas. Even got one to over 3k votes...

A couple of ships I use in the game I posted them there. Got decent results.

Edited by LM71Blackbird

8 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

I just realized you and I signed up for Eurobricks on the exact same day.

Hey, that makes us not only, long timers but sign-up buddies as well!!! :drunk:

8 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

so... what can Redbeard do????

Well, apart from what Ross heard about our guy, word is that Redbeard doesn't need to load his guns to sink ships. He merely looks at them and they sink themselves. Or you know, the one that he lent his sea turtles to Jack Sparrow to escape that island when he was stranded. Or... you never get Redbeard stranded. He gets stranded and "un"stranded by himself. And then he gets YOU stranded. Or that his now gray beard is merely a tuft of pig wool. What? The pigs don't have wool you say? Well, he made his Baraccuda Bay pig to grow wool all by himself! Etc etc. I'm sure more of you have already head about Redbeard's exploits...!

10 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Lots of masonry bricks (maybe in white?), cool features, maybe a remake of the original Imperial Flagship as an extra?

That and THAT!!!

Edited by blackdeathgr

Legend has it that Redbead wears an eyepatch because he killed too many crewmen by staring at them with both eyes!

On 4/4/2020 at 2:08 PM, Pdaitabird said:

Legend has it that Redbead wears an eyepatch because he killed too many crewmen by staring at them with both eyes!

Love it

So my Pirates of Barracuda Bay set arrived yesterday.... I must admit the first sight of the box with the yellow border made me feel very nostalgic for the original pirates line! I mean I'd seen the pictures before but I was quite surprised by the feelings it invoked seeing it in real life. Those marketing people sure know what they are doing!!!!

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

So my Pirates of Barracuda Bay set arrived yesterday.... I must admit the first sight of the box with the yellow border made me feel very nostalgic for the original pirates line! I mean I'd seen the pictures before but I was quite surprised by the feelings it invoked seeing it in real life. Those marketing people sure know what they are doing!!!!

I can't wait to order mine! I narrowly missed out on the imperial flagship, I'm not missing a set like this!

--------------------------------

On another note,

If you guys don't mind, could you give me some honest feedback on a recent build? It's a Eldorado Fortress redux. I'm personally pretty proud of it!

49755612662_f259e3b860_k.jpgEldorado Fortress Redux 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

I think it looks superb.  Now put it in a box and send it to me with expedited shipping, please ... :)

Edited by icm

14 minutes ago, icm said:

I think it looks superb.  Now put it in a box and send it to me with expedited shipping, please ... :)

Thanks! Well, maybe one day!

9 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Wow! That is really well done @LM71Blackbird! This may be one of my favorite remakes of an old pirate set I've seen! Reminds me a lot of the barracuda bay color scheme and would probably fit right alongside it. Once again well done! :pir_laugh2: Have you considered remaking the imperial trading post?

Thank you! I'm glad that you like it! I was going for a matching color scheme of the Barracuda Bay set, so I'm glad that was readily visible!

In due time! The Imperial Trading Post would be fun to remake for sure!

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

If you guys don't mind, could you give me some honest feedback on a recent build? It's a Eldorado Fortress redux. I'm personally pretty proud of it!

Very nice, it's a neat upgraded of the Eldorado Fort. Can we build a ship out of it?:pir_laugh2:

38 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Very nice, it's a neat upgraded of the Eldorado Fort. Can we build a ship out of it?:pir_laugh2:

Thank you! I thought long and hard about adding that feature... but alas, I opted to just build a fort. :iamded_lol:

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

@LM71Blackbird Can I recommend changing the rockwork to a more modern version? it just looks a little bit blocky.

Maybe adding some "cheese slopes" would do the job! However, it is a great job! I like the way you kept some of the features (the terrain, for example) and upgraded others with new bricks and more sophisticated buildings techniques. This is something that I would probably buy

11 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

could you give me some honest feedback on a recent build

This set is great and I like how close the building style is with Baracuda. Easily on my wishlist :pir-sweet: . If I had to change anything, it would be to simplify that crane a bit.

14 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Mine is still at backorder. You are 1 day late from ordering and it moves to backorder 10 days later. You are a week late and it slips for another month. It's going to be a huge success both financially and quality-wise.

11 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Have you considered remaking the imperial trading post?

YES PLEASE!!! After 40 years of my existance in this world, this set has become an inside joke between me and my father for not being able to get it to me when I was young and how he should buy it to his grandsons when they grow up (it was indeed waaay too expensive back then - not that today the price has fallen, on the contrary :pir_mad: )

3 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Maybe adding some "cheese slopes" would do the job!

That! And maybe add 1x1 plates to break the monotony of the (orange?) downhill road at the entrance.

Edited by blackdeathgr

6 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

@LM71Blackbird Can I recommend changing the rockwork to a more modern version? it just looks a little bit blocky.

That is an easy enough fix. I was originally trying to keep that nostalgic lego blockiness, but I admit, it doesn't really look as good as I thought with the whole build being updated.

4 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Maybe adding some "cheese slopes" would do the job! However, it is a great job! I like the way you kept some of the features (the terrain, for example) and upgraded others with new bricks and more sophisticated buildings techniques. This is something that I would probably buy

Thanks! I'll throw in some cheese slopes and a few more slopes and angled bricks to give it a more modern flare.

40 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

This set is great and I like how close the building style is with Baracuda. Easily on my wishlist :pir-sweet: . If I had to change anything, it would be to simplify that crane a bit.

Mine is still at backorder. You are 1 day late from ordering and it moves to backorder 10 days later. You are a week late and it slips for another month. It's going to be a huge success both financially and quality-wise.

YES PLEASE!!! After 40 years of my existance in this world, this set has become an inside joke between me and my father for not being able to get it to me when I was young and how he should buy it to his grandsons when they grow up (it was indeed waaay too expensive back then - not that today the price has fallen, on the contrary :pir_mad: )

That! And maybe add 1x1 plates to break the monotony of the (orange?) downhill road at the entrance.

I really tried to capture the Barracuda's essence.(which is funny since I dont have it yet!) Something to occupy my building time with till I order it!

I have thought about back ordering it, but I'll just wait till its readily available. It can't stay on backorder forever! Well maybe...

The trading post is next on my list to redux!

That's a good idea! The color was supposed to be dark nought, but it came out orange on stud.ios rendering software.