Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

I'm excited about the snorkeler with the little turtle, but I wish they'd make a snorkeler without a helmet. Snorkelers don't wear helmets, and most scuba divers don't, either.

1 hour ago, vermontcathy said:

I'm excited about the snorkeler with the little turtle, but I wish they'd make a snorkeler without a helmet. Snorkelers don't wear helmets, and most scuba divers don't, either.

I think that ultimately lego needs something for the snorkel mask piece to snap on to. But if it helps, don’t plenty of divers have wetsuits that come up and cover their heads but leave the face open? The helmet piece could be considered lego’s closest approximation to that. 

2 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I think that ultimately lego needs something for the snorkel mask piece to snap on to.

I'm spoiling my own future Custom CMF Serie, but there is an existing hairpiece on which the snorkel mask piece can be attached : Serie 16 Spy's hairstyle! :sweet:

Just now, Aurore said:

I'm spoiling my own future Custom CMF Serie, but there is an existing hairpiece on which the snorkel mask piece can be attached : Serie 16 Spy's hairstyle! :sweet:

Where may we find this when completed ? Sounds fun! 

Just now, Aurore said:

Yeah but that made the hairpiece of limited use and odd looking if used without the goggle piece. Has that hairpiece been employed since? If its just going to be a one off part like that they could also make a dual-molded hair and goggle single piece, or just print the goggles on the head all of which would probably be objectionable to someone as it usually goes.

@ToaIruini I intend to post it somewhere on eurobricks as soon as it's finished! :classic:

44 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Yeah but that made the hairpiece of limited use and odd looking if used without the goggle piece. Has that hairpiece been employed since? If its just going to be a one off part like that they could also make a dual-molded hair and goggle single piece, or just print the goggles on the head all of which would probably be objectionable to someone as it usually goes.

That's true. I really thought LEGO designers would find a lot of ideas to reuse it, but as of now...nothing showed up. :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I think that ultimately lego needs something for the snorkel mask piece to snap on to. But if it helps, don’t plenty of divers have wetsuits that come up and cover their heads but leave the face open? The helmet piece could be considered lego’s closest approximation to that. 

Some divers do, but not snorkelers. I've never seen anyone wear a wetsuit of any kind when just snorkeling and most divers I've seen don't wear hoods. The S16 spy's hair for a snorkeler would be a great use of the part, though

20 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

Some divers do, but not snorkelers. I've never seen anyone wear a wetsuit of any kind when just snorkeling and most divers I've seen don't wear hoods. The S16 spy's hair for a snorkeler would be a great use of the part, though

I agree that the archetype would be more accurate with the S16’s spy hair or even a new long haired version if they wanted to have the character female. Unfortunately, at this point it looks like Lego has shelved the hair-with-visor-connection-points concept for some reason. 

3 hours ago, Aurore said:

I intend to post it somewhere on eurobricks as soon as it's finished! :classic:

Oooooh, interesting, so I'm presuming it's another "FigBarf" CMS made-up of preexisting physical parts and prints? :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, Aurore said:

@ToaIruini I intend to post it somewhere on eurobricks as soon as it's finished! :classic:

I’m very excited! I love seeing other people’s cmf ideas such as Robert8. The line has so much potential and I think it makes us be all the more idealistic. 

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oooooh, interesting, so I'm presuming it's another "FigBarf" CMS made-up of preexisting physical parts and prints? :shrug_oh_well:

Well...yes. I'm not that good at drawing or minifig-painting, so I'm just re-assembling existing parts. :blush:

@ToaIruini Idealistic...that's it! If only Series 20 Pirate looked like Robert8's Pirate Lady! :hmpf_bad:

Robert8 is really very good, I too have always hoped that they would make a pirate like that of his series (because I have a crew of pirates and I needed a boss!), But in the end I customized it.

CIMG5699

I had a thought and wanted to ask you about it... How big is the chance of getting the Rohan/Viking helmet in a different colour with the blacksmith set? A modular like blacksmith building would be the best opportunity for a recolored Version of the new sword and a few different printed shields. Like for example the design of the viking shield in 2 different colours.

18 hours ago, Aurore said:

Well...yes. I'm not that good at drawing or minifig-painting, so I'm just re-assembling existing parts. :blush:

Will it be a themed Series or otherwise? I presume your avatar change there is a teaser for such? :wink:

On 2/29/2020 at 12:34 AM, UberCorp said:

Plenty of snorkelers wears wetsuits, and hoods are very common for divers unless they just do short and shallow dives.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Will it be a themed Series or otherwise? I presume your avatar change there is a teaser for such? :wink:

It will indeed have a non-historical theme. But not related to my new avatar - which I made just because I find the blue bear very cute. :laugh:

On 2/29/2020 at 1:39 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

"FigBarf"

Just for curiosity from a newbee: What does "figbarf" mean?

"fig" = figures/minifigs?

"barf" = x?

I understand the diver is just a big excuse to do the turtle, but could they find another excuse to do a turtle, one that hasn't been done too much already.

I wish the pirate didn't feel so mailed in. I'll get it anyway, but doesn't look nearly as well done as the viking.

Has anyone seem the image of the backs of the figures? Most notably the llama suit girl has a zipper and the keytar player looks to have some interesting printing. Everything else looks standard.

5 hours ago, The Reader said:

Just for curiosity from a newbee: What does "figbarf" mean?

Not sure myself how, when, and where the term came about, but I do know that it's exclusive to AFOL vernacular to denote MOCs that are collections of around five custom minifigures puristically made-up of preexisting official parts and prints. 

8 hours ago, Gomek said:

I understand the diver is just a big excuse to do the turtle, but could they find another excuse to do a turtle, one that hasn't been done too much already.

I wish the pirate didn't feel so mailed in. I'll get it anyway, but doesn't look nearly as well done as the viking.

For 5$ and the boring Design of the pirate they should have just given her the turtle as a second accessory and do something cool instead of the diver. An Anubis with dot eyes instead of the creepy red monster ones from Pharaos quest for example. Or a farmer with the scarecrows Tlbm2-mould recoloured and a goat.

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

For 5$ and the boring Design of the pirate they should have just given her the turtle as a second accessory

Good idea, the pirate could have gone great with the turtle :thumbup: The price in Norway now is even more than 5$ and to me not one of the figs are worth that, maybe if they had 2 animals each I would be willing to pay it :tongue: