Eoin Wallace

Bad News At Olav's Hall

previously

When he returned home, Eoin was greeted by a worried looking man who said he was sent by Jarl Olav of Nordhiem. The man also told him that he was expected there for a meeting in two days. So two days later Eoin was on the doorstep of Jarl Olav's hall, when he saw a familiar face. 

Bad News At Olav's hall

It was his friend and fellow Karl, Douglas!

Bad News At Olav's hall

So after their reunion, the two went inside for a very long and boring meeting about everything from this years harvest to the troublesome Orcs and greedy Dwarves. Jarl Olav tended to yell a lot so by the end all the Karl's ears were sore, and none were brave enough to cover their ears for fear of offending him!

Bad News At Olav's hall

So Eoin was very worried when he was yelled his new assignment. "YOU HAVEN'T BEEN DOING YOUR DUTIES! NOT A SINGLE PATROL IN A WEEK?! INSTEAD GALAVANTING OFF ON SOME ADVENTURE?! I'M MOVING YOUR ASSIGNMENT TO FORT CANDER" 

Bad News At Olav's hall

So there it was, he was now Karl of the wooden fort Cander. The assignment was to secure the area and make peace with the local Dwarves and Orcs (hopefully) then develop the wooden fort Cander.

C&C Welcome!:dhappy:

Nice house, it has a great interior too which is always a trick! I wouldn't use so many grille tiles for the snow though, it ceases to look natural. 

Well done exterior. It feels appropriately rough and chilling. For the interior: impressive how you were able to use such little space and make an excellent, very atmospheric scene out of it that goes along well with the story. Lighting is also good (which is often not easy in confined spaces!) and characters all look unique and have their own personality. All in all: excellently done! :classic:

Nice work!  I love the overall look: the trees are a little more sparse than large, lush pines, as they are up in the mountains with a short growing season, the sand green grass works well as tundra foliage, and the dark brown vs. the light brown is a nice mixture on the walls.  The path worn into the rocks and dirt also looks fantastic.  I love the interior!  It's great to see an interior, as they're usually hard to do or sometimes an afterthought, but you managed well.  Personally, I would like to see the snow on the roof in particular made from more tiles and fewer studs and grilles, as I tend to think of snow as smooth and curved.  It may be that the snow is melting though and you're trying to capture the jagged half-melted and collapsing snow, in which case, I would say great job!  Love the build and story, though, keep it coming!

Great build here! I love the trees and rock work are also great, as are the figures. I particularly like the parts combo used on Douglas! 

Great build! I like the dag you make it feel cold with the small amount of snow. Like a cold autum och spring day with a little ice and some left. The trees also look convincing for growing in a high altitude. Nice figs and interior also

The colour scheme on this build is amazing! You've managed to use normal green in a snow scene and blend it in to make it look perfectly natural - well done! Impressive interior as well - all in all great work!

Nice little scene.  I like the trees and the irregular base.  I like how the pathway is between sections of rock.  The hall looks nice, i like the windows and the chair looks neat.  Good story and nice figs too.  

Nice job on the irregular base, and I love how you got the roof to look like the snow was sliding off of it. I like the lighting of your interior shots as well; it looks like everything is being lit from the candles alone and really sells the mood.

On 9/1/2019 at 8:45 PM, zoth33 said:

Nice little scene.  I like the trees and the irregular base.  I like how the pathway is between sections of rock.  The hall looks nice, i like the windows and the chair looks neat.  Good story and nice figs too.  

Thank you :classic:

8 hours ago, The Stad said:

Nice job on the irregular base, and I love how you got the roof to look like the snow was sliding off of it. I like the lighting of your interior shots as well; it looks like everything is being lit from the candles alone and really sells the mood.

Thanks!:dhappy:

Fellow traveler Eoin, I can see you are improving. Each build shows more of your skills than the one before.

Lovely little chateau, with great exterior texture. The uneven base might be your best so far.

The natural elements are fantastic too. I love the path, the rockwork and the trees, including the chunks of snow spreader all around with precision.

Though I must agree with the upper comments as the grilled tile might not be that suitable for the snow.

Minifigs are great and the interior is fantastic. 

Keep up the great work.

Skol!

On 9/7/2019 at 2:34 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Fellow traveler Eoin, I can see you are improving. Each build shows more of your skills than the one before.

Lovely little chateau, with great exterior texture. The uneven base might be your best so far.

The natural elements are fantastic too. I love the path, the rockwork and the trees, including the chunks of snow spreader all around with precision.

Though I must agree with the upper comments as the grilled tile might not be that suitable for the snow.

Minifigs are great and the interior is fantastic. 

Keep up the great work.

Skol!

Thank you very much! :sweet:

Well done Eoin! The path winding between rocky terrain looks very good, and the trees add some nice height to the scene.
The wooden walls and furniture make a distinctly norse setting inside :thumbup:

On 12/19/2019 at 6:00 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Well done Eoin! The path winding between rocky terrain looks very good, and the trees add some nice height to the scene.
The wooden walls and furniture make a distinctly norse setting inside :thumbup:

Thank you so much! When building this I was inspired by your norse builds! :sweet: