MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

It's not what I expected but I'm definitely excited for the Bad Batch series and its potential for LEGO sets!

2 hours ago, Renown said:

Negola dewaghi wool dugger?

Sadly, it seems no one here speaks Aquilish.

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I do, but I fear to open that can of worms.

Might just lose an arm. :wink:

3 hours ago, Renown said:

I just hope the next cantina is a MSB / UCS, these small joints dont give it justice!

3 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

It's basically gonna be a Star Wars A-Team, isn't it? Not something I'm especially excited for, but then that was what I thought about the three previous animated series, and they all exceeded expectations (even if Resistance wasn't anywhere near the standard of TCW and Rebels). If it follows the same principle as the Knights of Ren, it does probably mean that we'll get the Bad Batch spread over multiple sets instead of all being in the shuttle, for instance, which is a shame.

Hadn't thought about it as the A-team, but it makes a lot of sense. The synopsis even says they're working as mercenaries during the series.

"In 19 BBY a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for refusing to execute order 66. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Coruscant underground. Today, still wanted by the empire, they survive as soldiers of fortune. if you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The Bad Batch"  :laugh:

3 hours ago, Renown said:

I admittedly had to google search this, but more clues for ponda baba! 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

I'm only an entry-level speaker myself.

13 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

It looks like it’s a new animated D+ show about the Bad Batch that’s been announced, not specifically any LEGO products, just for anyone confused like I was (unless I missed something at one of the usual leak spots). 

Ugh that was the least interesting part of season 7. Cardboard characters compared to the complexity in character development in most of the rest of the series. Star Wars meets the A-Team. But whatever. Might lead to some interesting sets. 

7 hours ago, Renown said:

I'm only an entry-level speaker myself.

Hint at a 4+ /small Cantina set then?

The Bad Batch was your standard CW arc really. But I’m excited to see what minifigures the sets (if any) bring. Especially if they run into some familiar characters.

It would be really ironic if we get more than one sets for Trope Batch when the final season of Clone Wars received only one.

Edited by LOTR34

5 hours ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Ugh that was the least interesting part of season 7. Cardboard characters compared to the complexity in character development in most of the rest of the series. Star Wars meets the A-Team. But whatever. Might lead to some interesting sets. 

Least interesting? Did you skip the Martez sisters arc?

5 hours ago, azzer86 said:

Only if $350 is your idea of “small”. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Least interesting? Did you skip the Martez sisters arc?

Ha!

Personally, I’m willing to bet the Bad Batch will improve vastly as characters in the series. Just about every Star Wars animated entry has started a little rough and improved from there.

Plus, in the Bad Batch arc, Rex was the main character. They were in the background. I’m excited to see what they do in the spotlight.

27 minutes ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Ha!

Personally, I’m willing to bet the Bad Batch will improve vastly as characters in the series. Just about every Star Wars animated entry has started a little rough and improved from there.

Plus, in the Bad Batch arc, Rex was the main character. They were in the background. I’m excited to see what they do in the spotlight.

We might even get flashbacks episodes, Bad Batch on Kashyyyk anyone? 

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I almost feel like flashbacks would be necessary to get some character development. Having read and thought about there's a lot of potential for interesting stories - I saw someone suggest the clone uprising on Kamino could make it to canon, or we could see Rex and - more excitingly - Cody again, and all the ramifications of Order 66.

6 hours ago, azzer86 said:

I don't think that comment was a clue, I think he was just making a joke about the language.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

So the shuttle rumors were false?

MBS style cantina is something lots of people have been wanting for a long time, this'll be an interesting set.

17 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I almost feel like flashbacks would be necessary to get some character development. Having read and thought about there's a lot of potential for interesting stories - I saw someone suggest the clone uprising on Kamino could make it to canon, or we could see Rex and - more excitingly - Cody again, and all the ramifications of Order 66.

SW explained has a video where he says he thinks the series could involve Rex trying to save other clones, like wolffe and gregor, and maybe trying to save cody.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Best news since the MSB Bespin set! Maybe the Shuttle is for 2021 then?

Hmm, if the Shuttle was false I will be kinda disappointed. The older one is a bit lackluster nowadays and it could definitely use an update , and there's no UCS MOCs I know of.

That being said, if it's done well and accurately, I'll be okay with a UCS Mos Eisley Cantina. The smaller ones just don't do it for me.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Haha, I thought it might have been a hint at the unknown $40 set (if it isn't the rumoured bespin scene - forgive me after pages of the Disney tax/Lego design decisions/etc discussions). 

In that case then, I'm fully on board with an MBS Cantina! Hopefully it'll be better executed than cloud city.

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Aha!!  You’ve got no idea how happy this makes me.  I thought this would be a cheap year for me (only was going to buy the AAT and Razor Crest) but looks like my budget just about tripled.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You see, this is why the Bad Batch irks me. No, they shouldn't be on Kashyyyk. Yes, give them interesting missions prior to Order 66, but please, keep them from trodding ground that belongs to others.

Only special forces on Kashyyyk  were Delta Squad. And no matter how many shows/cameos Bad Batch gets, Delta will always be the better team. (of course that's just opinion)

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

We'll finally have our wretched hive of scum and villainy in a set that does it justice! Just hope they don't skimp on the alien denizens.

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Maybe the Shuttle is for 2021 then?

Or it could've been false from the get, sadly.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

You see, this is why the Bad Batch irks me. No, they shouldn't be on Kashyyyk. Yes, give them interesting missions prior to Order 66, but please, keep them from trodding ground that belongs to others.

Only special forces on Kashyyyk  were Delta Squad. And no matter how many shows/cameos Bad Batch gets, Delta will always be the better team. (of course that's just opinion)

The reason why I suggested that specifically is because there was originally supposed to be an arc in TCW where the Bad Batch go to Kashyyyk (after Echo had joined them). Said arc would also show us why Yoda had good relations with the Wookiees. For me personally that was one of the arcs I definetely would've liked to see had TCW never been cancelled, though obviously it doesn't come close to arcs like Utapau or Bane vs Boba. 

I’m much happier about a cantina set than I was about the shuttle. The previous shuttle is still pretty recent—ten years isn’t that old for a UCS set—and it hasn’t aged nearly as much as the Falcon and ISD had; it’s on the other side of the stylistic shift to more detailed sets that happened around 2007-9, so it still looks basically modern. Whereas the Cantina is one of the most iconic locations in all of Star Wars, and I don’t feel that any of the small incarnations we’ve had so far have really done it justice. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The reason why I suggested that specifically is because there was originally supposed to be an arc in TCW where the Bad Batch go to Kashyyyk (after Echo had joined them). Said arc would also show us why Yoda had good relations with the Wookiees. For me personally that was one of the arcs I definetely would've liked to see had TCW never been cancelled, though obviously it doesn't come close to arcs like Utapau or Bane vs Boba. 

My comment wasn't really against you, but rather just the idea of taking new blood to do established character's work. And I also don't think every throwaway line needs a backstory (that's just me though).

Of course, there are a lot of TCW storylines that we'll never see fully, but maybe someday we'll get to some of them.

6 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

And I also don't think every throwaway line needs a backstory (that's just me though).

All of Star Wars disagrees with you, LMAO. Every throwaway line and background character having a fully-developed three-novel backstory is one of the defining points of this franchise.