Sign in to follow this  
rupi

Western train station

indexed.gif

Hi,

I have seen really good Western MOCs here on EB and now I would like to show you a train station I made for a western layout our comunity is preparing :Los Legos. :classic:

trainstation_00.jpg

See the rest of the pictures on Brickshelf

PS: I had some tips from a friend (lbaixinho) who is making some great western MOCs for the layout too...

Thank's for looking and commenting.

This is really great work! I saw this on Brickshelf and looked at it for quite some time. There's so much I like about it. I could totally see this being released as a LEGO set. I really like the wood coming out of the siding, the mismatched wood in the awning and the different window panes. It's just a nice classy, gritty realistic MOC I think you should be really happy with. It's very inspiring. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see more from you.

Thank's Hinckley :classic:

I really enjoyed making this MOC, I'm glad you liked it.

That is a great MOC Rupi! :wub: Everything about it shouts WW. THe roof looks great, and particularly like the little details, especially the power polls and the broken cart underneath. Great job, I too am looking forward to more. :grin:

I like it. My only complaint is there is a little too much white for my tastes.

Steve

This looks great! I think the white suits it nicely in my opinion and I like the rustic feel of it. This would be a great set. :thumbup:

Yeah that's a cool MOC! I love all the little details that come with it, like the legs of the sitting girl and the use of different colours to create that WW atmosphere :thumbup: Keep Going!!

Great work rupi! :wub: I love the corrugated iron shelter, and the facade (?) on the building. All of the little details are great too, especially that cute little telegraph and the wires to it outside. One of the things that makes this MOC most effective I think though is the wonderful old and weathered look of it. The slack cable, broken wagon and rusted roof achieve this very well.

A fine MOC, great work! :sweet:

That is just cool! what a great station. i esp like the angled corrugated roof and the ladies legs.

I could totally see this as a midrange set if they relaunch WW.

I must admit that this is a very nice WW MOC. It gives a good feel of how a train station looks like back in those days. :tongue: It looked abit too white, maybe a mixture of bricks to show the "old" feel will be much better. I am not sure what are the suitable colors yet! Overall, it's look great. Can we see the train? :blush:

A marvelous and somehow desperate MOC too, just like something straight from an old Western movie. :thumbup:

I especially like your smart way of attaching that awning and, most of all, your roof truss. I mean - hey, a roof truss.... how beautiful is that..?! :wub:

Rupi: I don't think we've met (on EB), but let me welcome you as a fairly new member, and also say that you've designed a very nice WW moc here. I'd like to give you some constructive feedback relating to the overall scene.

First, the colors work well. I like the use of white for the building, and brown and grey roof sections. The brown and white windows also look good, and so do the grey shutters. I would not have thought of this combination of colors, but you've pulled it off nicely.

The size and shape of the MOC look good as well. It's definately larger than the WW buildings from Lego's line-up, but considering that it's a train station, it's a perfect size. It would look good as an official addition to the actual theme. I really like the lower roof/cover section. The style reminds me of something 007 would construct (SNOT techniques that I don't usually utilize for my own buildings - I'm really a basic builder). I like the shape of the facade on the top of the building as well. It was clever to have added the 1x2 smooth tiles across the top. Nice touch.

I also like the accessories esp. the old telegraph pole, the broken wagon, clock, bench, boxes, and barrels. These really add to the overall detail and are a nice touch for a train depot.

Lastly, the figs are typical with the addition of the lady sitting down. Creative use of the pieces for her legs - something else I would not have thought of.

Comments for Improvement:

I only have a couple, but one is the size of the "LOS LEGOS" sign. You did a nice job on the decal, but I think it would look much better if it were larger. In addition, I notice the use of white window panes on one window and brown on the other. Brown looks much better and adds a nice contrast to the white building.

Just one question, why the black 1x2 plates on the track?

Overall, this is a great scene. It's really neat to see more builders designing WW MOCS as there are just a few of us on EB. Great job as the 1st MOC I've seen from you. Keep of the excellent work!

PS. This reminds me of a scene from an old classic called Bad Day at Black Rock. Excellent! :thumbup:

I think it's coal or cinders, which shows us which kind of locomotives are used.

Great station, if I had space for one, I'd make a similar one.

Uh...you do know "Legos" isn't a word, right?

Other than that it's good...I like the sideways log pieces being used for part of the roof, and the power line. Where do those grey log pieces come from?

I'm also asking myself why there are black 1x2 plates on the tracks...

Anyway, this is a fantastic MOC with many nice details. I also like that sitting woman with the red skirt. Good use of log pieces. I'm just asking myself if the building would look nicer if you had used tan bricks. But the baseplate is already tan; so I'm not sure if it would look much better than it already is!

Keep on moccing! :thumbup:

Rupi: I don't think we've met (on EB), but let me welcome you as a fairly new member, and also say that you've designed a very nice WW moc here. I'd like to give you some constructive feedback relating to the overall scene.

First, the colors work well. I like the use of white for the building, and brown and grey roof sections. The brown and white windows also look good, and so do the grey shutters. I would not have thought of this combination of colors, but you've pulled it off nicely.

The size and shape of the MOC look good as well. It's definately larger than the WW buildings from Lego's line-up, but considering that it's a train station, it's a perfect size. It would look good as an official addition to the actual theme. I really like the lower roof/cover section. The style reminds me of something 007 would construct (SNOT techniques that I don't usually utilize for my own buildings - I'm really a basic builder). I like the shape of the facade on the top of the building as well. It was clever to have added the 1x2 smooth tiles across the top. Nice touch.

I also like the accessories esp. the old telegraph pole, the broken wagon, clock, bench, boxes, and barrels. These really add to the overall detail and are a nice touch for a train depot.

Lastly, the figs are typical with the addition of the lady sitting down. Creative use of the pieces for her legs - something else I would not have thought of.

Comments for Improvement:

I only have a couple, but one is the size of the "LOS LEGOS" sign. You did a nice job on the decal, but I think it would look much better if it were larger. In addition, I notice the use of white window panes on one window and brown on the other. Brown looks much better and adds a nice contrast to the white building.

Overall, this is a great scene. It's really neat to see more builders designing WW MOCS as there are just a few of us on EB. Great job as the 1st MOC I've seen from you. Keep of the excellent work!

PS. This reminds me of a scene from an old classic called Bad Day at Black Rock. Excellent! :thumbup:

Thank's everybody for the good feedback :blush:

I'll try to answer some questions.

I agree with you about the size of the sign a little bigger would be better.

The windows are supposed to be painted, the brown one is to look like the paint as come off.

The black plates on the tracks, (that's funny that someone thought it was coal) the question is simple is to mark the tracks as this will be part of a mixed layout of several participants and we have to separate our pieces in the end. :wink:

I have to say that the pieces of this MOC are not mine, a friend who is a great builder (lbaixinho) lend me the pieces as I don't have that much of a collection yet.

The complaint about the name "Los Legos" :laugh: it was a member of our community ( 0937) that suggested the name for the western layout and this was the most voted.

I'll try to post photos of all the layout when it is complete (the event will be in the end of May).

I love your western train station! :wub:

Very well done - thanks for sharing.

I like this a lot. It feels complete, self contained, even desolate, like it's in the middle of nowhere.

It's run down, but it's clearly cared for, like a remote station subjected to the elements. If you did want to give the white a more weathered look, you could add a few tan logs, but honestly, it doesn't need it, it looks great just like it is!

About the only thing missing is a water tower. Maybe you could build one that would be like a small seperate set addition.

Have you considered building the train that visits this station or the town it services? Would love to see more of your work. :thumbup:

That's an amazing WW MOC, rupi! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it because it's very well and precisely designed - with the nice platform, the great station itself, the neat telegraphe pole and the successful minifig constellation.

The most I like the morse key in the station, the nice windows and the clock outstairs - that are very nice and curious things!

Very well done - if only TLG would release something like that! :thumbup:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter