Sign in to follow this  
Gideon

Challenge III: Category A: Rumors of Disturbances in the Necropoles

Throughout Kaliphlin a rumor is quickly spreading that an Anubian lich is raising an army of undead, from ancient necropoles hidden in the vast deserts of the Siccus Badlands.

48068785867_c7e9f163c5_c.jpg
An ancient necropolis, silent for millennia, has suddenly been disturbed...

48068682511_1a13ce953d_c.jpg
An Anubian lich, with necromantic powers...

48068785682_55ce76c5f7_c.jpg
The heavy stone slabs covering the sarcofagi are no match for the power unleashed within...

48068682676_349874d6b4_c.jpg
A new threat to Kaliphlin and Historica?

Hieroglyph panels on the left side of the back wall are sloping panels, which was a bit tricky to angle into vertical walls. But that made some room for a battery box at least!
Lighting made with LifeLites; green ModuLites in the sarcofagi and a prototype UV LED pointed upwards behind the central sarcofagus to make the staff glow. Long exposure for the LifeLites + flash to illuminate the rest.

Some seriously impressive lighting here!  The hieroglyphic panels on the wall really make the MOC, and I also like the slanted 2x1 tiles on top, great pattern.  The strangely wide section off in the back corner looks a little out of place but impressive job on otherwise getting those slanted panels in there without any hitches!  I really like the simple sarcophagi too and the broken bits are very convincing!

Love the colourscheme and the ”clean” look of the whole scene. Impressive lighting as usual. Hopefully these rumours don’t prove true...*huh*

Terrific build! The lightning is impressive and the story is truly compelling.

The angles tiles on top of the walls are great. The use of LED is perfect. But the cracked tombs/sarcofagi are outstanding!

Superb job, as always.

A great example of how a relatively simple MOC can become a fantastic MOC with great photography.  Impressive as always Gideon!

Very cool!  The lighting is great, and I like that you lit the room enough for us to see the walls (you could have gone with the green things being the only light, but it would have been too dark to see any detail).  I wasn't aware of the slant to those pieces, so you hid it well!  I really like your story, too, and the raising of the mummies is great.  The dark tan headdress really looks good on the wall statuary as well.  Those crypts are a heck of a lot of dark orange (unless I"m mis seeing that color), but look great, like some sort of clay that's been painstakingly molded into the tombs.  Great job!

Not to sound like an echo, but those hieroglyphics and the lighting are fantastic here, and I'm quite a fan of the burnt orange as well! :thumbup:  Photography is stunning as always too.  Glad you were able to find time to enter! :classic:

You never stop too amaze me mate! The creepy green light and the colurs in the moc is just breathtaking! The minifigs works perfect for the job!

Fabulous of printed elements, and your incorporation of the sloped panels into vertical walls is flawless :thumbup: Very convincing lighting for the scene too!

These are the kind of rumors I can enjoy. A straightforward but nonetheless elegant build. I just can't find enough opportunities to mix the tan and medium flesh colors - they look so good together, as evidenced here. Nice use of the printed paneling too. The lighting and photography obviously steal the show, however. Perfectly illustrated. Your photo abilities are always inspiring. Excited to see where this goes! (Now I'm definitely going to dust off the army of mummy warriors I accumulated from the Kaliphlin Civil War. Looks like they may soon come in handy!)