Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

While I don't really take that tweet as gospel that anything is actually going to happen I tend to think we'll get another set if the popularity of Stranger Things continues on. It seemed like the set was pretty popular and well received, so I feel like odds of another is decent (though not guaranteed).

The blue hairpiece in the everyone is awesome set is perfect for Steve. Seeing that makes me hope they make another set.

1 hour ago, strangely said:

The blue hairpiece in the everyone is awesome set is perfect for Steve. Seeing that makes me hope they make another set.

Hm, good call :thumbup: Let’s hope they have something up their sleeves :sweet:

On 5/20/2021 at 2:55 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hm, good call :thumbup: Let’s hope they have something up their sleeves :sweet:

Turns out they have :wub: According to @Brick Clicker, we‘re getting a Brickheadz two-pack, a keychain and something else next year :moar:

This is getting really exciting then :moar:

If they are making 2 random sets (is a key chain even a set?) like this, that means they have further plans for this theme.

I don't expect a wave of normal sets, but it's pretty likely that another D2C is incoming... Starcourt Mall would be the most probable option, although it might be connected to Stranger Things 4.

I'm surprised they'll release more ST sets

While I never watched the show, I'm under the impression the peak of popularity already passed from what I see on social media

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

While I never watched the show, I'm under the impression the peak of popularity already passed from what I see on social media

It's still a popular show but there's no denying a lot of fans no longer have an interest in it, myself included. Season 1 was incredible but the whole show slowly started going downhill from that point onward with it really jumping the shark in the 3rd season. Season 4 somehow manages to look even worse than 3, which is why I personally won't even bother watching it. 

I think there's still enough of an audience to cater to with a potential second D2C though.

People really underestimate how big Stranger Things is. 

Stranger Things 3 is still one of Netflix's most-viewed season of any series, and the hype for Stranger Things 4 is huge.

Stranger Things is my favourite show (besides Mando) and the only one I’ve ever binge-watched :classic: I know some people didn’t particularly like seasons 2 or 3, but as @THELEGOBATMAN says, it’s still very popular overall.

To me, this is the best LEGO-related news for 2022 thus far by a LARGE margin :thumbup: Whatever the set is, I just hope they include Nancy, Steve, and Jonathan

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Stranger Things is my favourite show (besides Mando) and the only one I’ve ever binge-watched :classic: I know some people didn’t particularly like seasons 2 or 3, but as @THELEGOBATMAN says, it’s still very popular overall.

To me, this is the best LEGO-related news for 2022 thus far by a LARGE margin :thumbup: Whatever the set is, I just hope they include Nancy, Steve, and Jonathan

It's also one of my favourite series', definitely in the top 3 along with Sex Education and Barry. It's also utterly an unpopular opinion, but the 1st season is my least favourite (by a small margin since all 3 of them are 10/10 for me).

Same for the 2nd paragraph, this excites me the most out of all 2022 news (that is until we get a confirmation of more NWH sets :wink:).

With rumors of something else coming for Stranger Things next year, could it be next UCS set like Upside down? Maybe even Star court mall? While I don't usually buy Ucs sets, I will happily get a Star court mall if it's well done set. 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's also utterly an unpopular opinion, but the 1st season is my least favourite (by a small margin since all 3 of them are 10/10 for me).

Never heard that opinion before, but to each their own :grin: My order is 1-3-2. I also enjoyed all three of them, but the reason S2 is last place for me is not what you think it is (I’m one of the 5 people that didn’t mind the infamous chapter 7). Instead, it’s the death of

Mews 

:sadnew: Any show or film that kills a cat or dog like that lands straight on my shitlist

Personally, I‘m hoping for a set based on Starcourt Mall, like the custom set that CM4Sci designed. I‘m still salty about that April Fools prank he played last year :tongue:

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Never heard that opinion before, but to each their own :grin: My order is 1-3-2. I also enjoyed all three of them, but the reason S2 is last place for me is not what you think it is (I’m one of the 5 people that didn’t mind the infamous chapter 7). Instead, it’s the death of

Hide contents

Mews 

:sadnew: Any show or film that kills a cat or dog like that lands straight on my shitlist

Personally, I‘m hoping for a set based on Starcourt Mall, like the custom set that CM4Sci designed. I‘m still salty about that April Fools prank he played last year :tongue:

It's exactly the other way for me, which is an even more unpopular opinion :tongue:

CM4Sci's set is exactly what I have in mind when thinking about another set. It's incredibly made.

Was going to get the Upsidedown as it's double points ($10) and get $25-30 back in cashback. So waited for double points and at 12:16am I go and buy it.

Temp sold out. How is a set retiring soon be temp sold out? If the temp is just until Monday I will be peed.

On 11/20/2021 at 9:27 AM, Robert8 said:

I'm surprised they'll release more ST sets

Not exactly….. there will be season 4. I believe it will be a last one?

So I will say - it’s still popular, not at a peak yet - this is my opinion. 

On 11/20/2021 at 12:47 PM, benderisgreat said:

With rumors of something else coming for Stranger Things next year, could it be next UCS set like Upside down? Maybe even Star court mall? While I don't usually buy Ucs sets, I will happily get a Star court mall if it's well done set. 

Why is it called UCS instead of D2C?

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Aren’t UCS just the very big sets? So they would still be D2C, that is only available through Lego and affiliate stores 

37 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Not exactly….. there will be season 4. I believe it will be a last one?

The Duffer brothers once said that there will be 5 seasons in total, which is a good point to end the series IMO :thumbup:

38 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It's a D2C set, which is the umbrella term :wink: UCS has meant different things in the past, but now it only refers to the large scale SW models, while the SW playsets are labeled under MBS. Every other large exclusive set is just a D2C

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Duffer brothers once said that there will be 5 seasons in total, which is a good point to end the series IMO :thumbup:

Ah! Thank you for correcting me! I was not aware about that part!

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Aren’t UCS just the very big sets? So they would still be D2C, that is only available through Lego and affiliate stores 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It'sa D2C set, which is the umbrella term :wink: UCS has meant different things in the past, but now it only refers to the large scale SW models, while the SW playsets are labeled under MBS. Every other large exclusive set is just a D2C

Thank you guys!

I was just confused sometimes when someone referrer to a non-SW set as “UCS” instead of “D2C”.

I love Stranger Things. It took a while to get into it, but I thought 2 and 3 were both strong seasons. I loved the addition of Robin in season 3.

But with all that said, I don't care about keychains or brickheadz, so hopefully they have something else worthwhile.

I think the popularity has waned some since they have such long gaps between seasons (the kids are growing up!!!). You need to do a lot all at once for child actors unless you want them in college soon.

Either way, I guess time will tell.

50 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

But with all that said, I don't care about keychains or brickheadz, so hopefully they have something else worthwhile. 

It’s heavily implied that this is not all there is :wink:

50 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

You need to do a lot all at once for child actors unless you want them in college soon.

Season 5 is planned to be the final one, if the Duffers haven’t changed their mind. So if they start filming it soon-ish, they should get it done before the kids get noticably older. The times of twenty-somethings pretending to be highschoolers in shows and movies are definitely over :laugh_hard:

…mostly. *laughing hysterically at Dear Evan Hansen* 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

18 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

I love Stranger Things. It took a while to get into it, but I thought 2 and 3 were both strong seasons. I loved the addition of Robin in season 3.

I think the popularity has waned some since they have such long gaps between seasons (the kids are growing up!!!). You need to do a lot all at once for child actors unless you want them in college soon.

Either way, I guess time will tell.

I don't think LEGO would randomly make a key chianti and Brickheadz without having any further plans. It has to be just a starter before the main course :moar:

Also, it's been heavily implied by reliable leakers that there's more to come.

Just started watching the show, I, like it. Are we getting only 1 set this year? 

4 hours ago, Mr No said:

Just started watching the show, I, like it. Are we getting only 1 set this year? 

Most likely yes, just like last time :classic: It’s probably the most mature license they’ve ever acquired, so it makes sense to focus their efforts on D2C sets :grin:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Most likely yes, just like last time :classic: It’s probably the most mature license they’ve ever acquired, so it makes sense to focus their efforts on D2C sets :grin:

I think Indiana Jones is pretty mature actually