Perterz

[MOC] Cozy Cottage

I don’t really have a background story for this MOC apart from being a small side project inbetween a larger one.

Cosy Cottage

Cosy CottageCosy CottageCosy Cottage

As always, comments and critics are welcome and appreciated!

Edited by Perterz

The colours here are just insanely gorgeous. It could be in the Tate Modern. I don't know how cosy it looks, though...I find it a bit threatening looking! Except for the dog. He reassures me. Love the tree trunk.

Wonderful cottage.  The roof is great.  I really like the way you did the windows, the 1x1 rounds and the technic pieces look great.  The base is nicely done with the different layers.  The tree is a neat design.  The color choices especially the blue and red really pop out.  Nice job.  

On 2/22/2019 at 7:53 PM, Retro said:

The colours here are just insanely gorgeous. It could be in the Tate Modern. I don't know how cosy it looks, though...I find it a bit threatening looking! Except for the dog. He reassures me. Love the tree trunk.

Thank you very much for your input!

On 2/23/2019 at 9:59 AM, pantelis said:

excellent moc with excellent details..

Thanks! Appreciated!

On 2/23/2019 at 10:33 AM, derEselausErgste said:

Nice Details, and while lots of the colours might be difficult when used individually, they go together very well! 

Thank you, I’m glad you like it!

On 2/24/2019 at 3:28 AM, zoth33 said:

Wonderful cottage.  The roof is great.  I really like the way you did the windows, the 1x1 rounds and the technic pieces look great.  The base is nicely done with the different layers.  The tree is a neat design.  The color choices especially the blue and red really pop out.  Nice job.  

Thank you very much for your comment, very appreciated!

I love the natural color variation in the brick, and the shaping of the brown 'wood' framing around it, but those bluebells are a solid win and I've never seen anything like them. Fantastic build!

On 2/27/2019 at 5:07 PM, rodiziorobs said:

I love the natural color variation in the brick, and the shaping of the brown 'wood' framing around it, but those bluebells are a solid win and I've never seen anything like them. Fantastic build!

Thank you very much! 

On 2/28/2019 at 2:01 PM, Mestari said:

I really like the build of the cottage and tree bit that blue ground just doesn't do it for me.

Thank you, the colors used for the ground were experimental. Not everyone likes it, that’s logical.

IMO it fits the built perfectly, otherwise the  pink flowers would not pop out like they do now ?

Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate that! ?

Edited by Perterz

The color palette is interesting, very risky color combinations but it works extremely well here and makes the creation unique. Kind of reminds me of the color and lighting right after sunset. 

Also the brown technic connectors used for the window frames is a cool idea. 

I like it a lot! :classic::thumbup:

Edited by GiantAmbushBeetle

On 3/3/2019 at 6:57 AM, GhostDog said:

I echo the previous comments admiring the colors. They're great! Nicely done.

Thank you very much, once in a while one has to experiment a bit ?

On 3/5/2019 at 9:45 AM, Mylenium said:

Lovely piece!

Mylenium

Thanks!

17 hours ago, GiantAmbushBeetle said:

The color palette is interesting, very risky color combinations but it works extremely well here and makes the creation unique. Kind of reminds me of the color and lighting right after sunset. 

Also the brown technic connectors used for the window frames is a cool idea. 

I like it a lot! :classic::thumbup:

Thank you very much, glad you like it!