Sign in to follow this  
Drawd

Challenge II: Category A: A new hops

A New hops

The dwarfs in Danemore love their beer.
The war has made them unable to get hold of the golden hops from Avalonia.
Instead, they have been drinking mead during this time.
At last, bags of exquisite hops have arrived at the brewery hall in Danemore's underground realm.
Brewmaster Preppen Bluetand pour the hops in the brew under supervison of Lord Drawd Ravenbeard.

A New hops

Very nice. Love to see the dwarves doing what they do best and this build has a good Hobbit/LOTR Lego set vibe. The irregular ceiling is a nice touch.

I like the dwarven architecture, like mccoyed said the irregular ceiling is a nice touch.  I like the use of the irregular tiles with the 1x1 plate inverted on the second floor of the build.   

Is this the first build in a series called Bar Wars?

The look on the dwarf pouring the hops in is perfect! The architecture is very dwarven in style. I like the different beer making equipment and the irregular ceiling. It’s a very well proportioned build.

I personally prefer mead to beer, but then I have a sickly taste when it comes to alcohol.

Nice work!  There are a few non-traditional things going on here, and I think they all work really well: the non-white background gives me more of a dark sense of being underground, the irregular ceiling gives the cave feel (but a worked cave, not an unimproved one), and the use of completely dark grey stone makes it seem like it was carved out of one piece of stone (which it probably was, rather than a castle that is made of quarried stone).  The dwarves and their beer is great, and you make great use of the barrels.  I love seeing the dwarven builds.  I think it's uncommon because building underground scenes is challenging, but you do a great job!

Really nice use of the bag piece for pouring in the hops into the barrel, very clever! I really like the irregular ceiling and the fig placement.

The first photo is a little blurry, I think you could have benefited from a tripod to keep the camera steady.

Lovely entry to the challenge!

Nice to see some dwarfs and the craft! The dk gray architecture fits so well with the dwarfs! Nice entry for sure!

Very nice. I like the dwarven style all around - simple, neat, effective. Nice touch with the brewing pots and tools. Keep it coming! :thumbup:

The key to a dwarves heart is through beer. and their beards. and their axe/hammer/crossbow/rock.   Great idea, I like the use of the corner faceted tiles with the 1x1 plates.  Nice entry!

Have to echo the praise for your neat detailing with the 1x1 plates and wedge tiles - it looks beautifully dwarven :wub:
Great to see the dwarves of Mitgardia represented in this challenge, and I hope you make lots more builds in this style!

Nice looking brewery action here. I like the sacks of ingredients as well as all of the barrels around, making it look like they are actually doing something, rather than just standing around. It also looks suitably dwarven and subterranean - it was a good thought to leave the ceiling irregular for that reason.