Kai NRG

[MCTC Salida Este] Tea Shop

No settlement pretending to have a culture is complete without a tea shop.  Much less Salida Este!

46822511572_d2e1635e49.jpg

Get your tea fresh from the mountains!

800x1016.jpg

You don't have to be Eslandian to be interested in this shop...

640x518.jpg

Here's another full view!

800x952.jpg

I had fun using glasses for fencing and fence for roofing. :pir_laugh2:

640x480.jpg

640x458.jpg

In this area of Salida Este, someone decided to import dark grey stones and sweep the sand out of the road just 'cause it goes better with white and aqua. *huh*  Who would do that?

800x928.jpg

800x1029.jpg

The top story is a restaurant for select customers. :pir-grin:

800x888.jpg

800x901.jpg

Without minifigures:

46159364514_1f4409602d.jpg

GoHers have appreciated seeing behind the scenes of some of my builds on my blog, so if anyone here is interested, I took some behind the scenes shots of this build too - you can see them at the end of the post here!  And while we're at it, here's a build log of the WIP progress!

Edited by Kai NRG
Fixed Links

Looks great, inside and out!  Love the way you've done the tan interior wall and the door handles on the front door.  As I mentioned previously, great use of the glasses and paint rollers, too!

Edit: Check the links - I got a "Page not found" for both.

This is ridiculously beautiful. :wub:

The light blue is a very pretty accent color. The roof is great, the glasses-fence is cool, and all the other details and minifigs add up to a very nice setting. And the partial interiors add so much to the build, especially considering that so many facades have little to really show what they truly represent. Excellent. :thumbup:

@Kristel I got the same thing when I checked the links - you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find them. :pir-wink:

4 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

This light blue fits really well with the plants.

The balcony is a great realization

Thanks Professor!  That was what I missed my last Salida Este build, a balcony - had to hit it up here!

3 hours ago, Kristel said:

Looks great, inside and out!  Love the way you've done the tan interior wall and the door handles on the front door.  As I mentioned previously, great use of the glasses and paint rollers, too!

Edit: Check the links - I got a "Page not found" for both.

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed the links now!  Forgot that I had changed the url by changing the post title...

And thank you for your comments too - glad to see you mention the door handles, it was tricky to find a solution that felt right!

2 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

This is ridiculously beautiful. :wub:

The light blue is a very pretty accent color. The roof is great, the glasses-fence is cool, and all the other details and minifigs add up to a very nice setting. And the partial interiors add so much to the build, especially considering that so many facades have little to really show what they truly represent. Excellent. :thumbup:

@Kristel I got the same thing when I checked the links - you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find them. :pir-wink:

Thanks Captain! :pir-classic:  I love that you feel you can use the adjective beautiful for this MOC!

Partial interiors may be coming more often from me - I really like the feel they added to this build, and the still allowed me to play around with some messy techniques inside!

1 hour ago, Bart said:

well done, it has a very appealing look. 

Thanks Bart!

30 minutes ago, Reaper said:

This looks great! I really like the roof!

Thank you! :pir-classic:

We've built quite a few cool MOCs for new Salida Este already, but this one is more than outstanding. Surely one of the best LEGO-MOCs I have ever seen here.

The NPU for glasses, fences and paint rolls (wow!). The marvellous colour scheme. The rooooof!! The architectural perfection of the mix of eastern and colonial, just 100% what was intended with our new SE. Oh, and did I mention all the hundreds of minor details. And the brilliant interiors. There is not a single thing to improve here anymore.

Thank you for this MOC. Nothing more to say than WOW!

I think Elos pretty much said it all here.... :pir_laugh2:

I am loving the pastels you seem to be using at the moment and the aqua here is no exception. The barrier around the balcony is simply fantastic - great job there. And just when you think the exterior is great, there are interior shots!! The wood panelling on the shot with the figure who looks like Allcock is brilliant - they are tiles right? Getting them into place must have taken a heap of patience! Great job all round and another splendid addition to SE. 

Every time I see this it gets better. You do an incredible job of bringing life to the scene. The limited interiors are a great concept, expertly executed (I love the tan interior wall in particular). Rich in details. Inspirational! :thumbup:

And thank you for the links to the build log! Even though I got to see a lot of the WIP pics of this build, I always learn alot from more behind-the-scenes info.

So many great details in this!  The sliding panels, the balcony, the decorations on the wall.   All complimented by great figure posing and expressions.  There's a ton of great architecture details and clever parts usage as well.   Good job!

Elos and Capt Wolf said what I’m thinking. It’s absurdly beautiful, a unique idea, fits wonderfully in BoBs and I just keep seeing new awesome things. 

This is like a BoBs version of Lego’s modular city sets.

Fantastic build @Kai NRG! I love how the light aqua fits with white. The piece usage is fantastic too, using those paint roller pieces as supports is brilliant. Great build, and great addition to the settlement! 

Wow guys, I knew this was a great build but y'all really make it sounds gorgeous. :pir-grin:  Thanks, humbled by all the appreciation!

On 1/27/2019 at 7:15 AM, Elostirion said:

We've built quite a few cool MOCs for new Salida Este already, but this one is more than outstanding. Surely one of the best LEGO-MOCs I have ever seen here.

The NPU for glasses, fences and paint rolls (wow!). The marvellous colour scheme. The rooooof!! The architectural perfection of the mix of eastern and colonial, just 100% what was intended with our new SE. Oh, and did I mention all the hundreds of minor details. And the brilliant interiors. There is not a single thing to improve here anymore.

Thank you for this MOC. Nothing more to say than WOW!

Thanks Elos, so glad we picked this style for Salida Este, it's really got my imagination going!  Although, while we're at it, one of the paint rollers is twisted for quite a few pictures... that could have been improved. :pir_tong2:  But thanks for your suggestions throughout the build, I'll especially note your idea of switching red flowers for a lighter color, I was amazed how much of a difference that made!

On 1/27/2019 at 7:21 AM, Ayrlego said:

I think Elos pretty much said it all here.... :pir_laugh2:

I am loving the pastels you seem to be using at the moment and the aqua here is no exception. The barrier around the balcony is simply fantastic - great job there. And just when you think the exterior is great, there are interior shots!! The wood panelling on the shot with the figure who looks like Allcock is brilliant - they are tiles right? Getting them into place must have taken a heap of patience! Great job all round and another splendid addition to SE. 

Thank you!  Actually, that kind of tile wall isn't very hard - just build some kind of back to it, and slide the tiles in while you're angling the whole thing backwards - you can't turn it upside down at any point, but it's a fairly snug connection!

17 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Every time I see this it gets better. You do an incredible job of bringing life to the scene. The limited interiors are a great concept, expertly executed (I love the tan interior wall in particular). Rich in details. Inspirational! :thumbup:

And thank you for the links to the build log! Even though I got to see a lot of the WIP pics of this build, I always learn alot from more behind-the-scenes info.

Thanks Capt!  Glad you enjoyed the behind the scenes stuff!

17 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

So many great details in this!  The sliding panels, the balcony, the decorations on the wall.   All complimented by great figure posing and expressions.  There's a ton of great architecture details and clever parts usage as well.   Good job!

Thanks Roadmonkey! :pir-classic:

10 hours ago, TomSkippy said:

Elos and Capt Wolf said what I’m thinking. It’s absurdly beautiful, a unique idea, fits wonderfully in BoBs and I just keep seeing new awesome things. 

This is like a BoBs version of Lego’s modular city sets.

Thanks Tom!

10 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Fantastic build @Kai NRG! I love how the light aqua fits with white. The piece usage is fantastic too, using those paint roller pieces as supports is brilliant. Great build, and great addition to the settlement! 

Thanks Mesabi!  As I said somewhere else, one of my earliest inspirations for Salida Este was using paint rollers like that, so it was a must for implementing in this build!

3 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Arf, I missed the balcony roof and this tan back wall (exceptionnal too)

:pir-grin:  Thanks Prof!

A nice and clean build, the leaves twining around the house looks absolutely amazing.