Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

56 minutes ago, Lego Lad said:

The Death Eater as far as I can tell is just a generic person, can't tell if it's meant to be flesh tone printed badly on a black head, or if Lego meant for that to happen.

Macnair is proof that they can print flesh tones on a black head piece so I think they were intentionally going for that shadowed face look here

The Durmstrang ship could only really have Krum in his uniform and Karkaroff, maybe Karkaroff's Aide. If this was released as a set maybe they could include a few figures from GoF. A Second Task set could have the four champions, Crouch and a Merperson, and the sleeping prizes, set on the grandstand with the underwater part underneath.

All together I can't see both those hypothetical sets being combined to a £200 DTC set, I'd imagine them to be maybe £100-120 together. So I doubt this Durmstrang thing would work.

I'd much rather have the sets, but as mentioned above maybe having the four champions in their second task outfits would be a good bricktober pack, with a Merperson in a future CMS,perhaps with a grindylow!

Apart from GoF which is missing the Second Task, the other thre films covered are all missing sets based on their climax - Philosopher's Stone chambers, the Chamber of Secrets and the Shrieking Shack. Might be nothing in it, but it's a weird pattern

I really have nothing bad to say about these two sets at all. My only nitpick is Wormtail’s hair but other than that these sets are pretty much perfect

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really have nothing bad to say about these two sets at all. My only nitpick is Wormtail’s hair but other than that these sets are pretty much perfect

Yeah aha it is a bit distracting considering in the film he has a huge bald spot at the top of his head.

Two excellent sets too round off the wave :thumbup: 

The minifigures look great. The Death Eater and Wormtail look particularly well detailed. Especially both the head pieces. I’m wondering if the Filch hairpiece in ginger/auburn might be a better fit.

Love both of the new sets & so happy I still have all the original GoF sets still assembled. Going to combine the new Graveyard Duel with the old one to make a bit grander of a scene, then the Beauxbaton's Carriage paired with the Durmstrang Ship and the new Clocktower/Yule Ball set are going to make an awesome display. Can't wait!

17 minutes ago, Ravenclaw said:

Love both of the new sets & so happy I still have all the original GoF sets still assembled. Going to combine the new Graveyard Duel with the old one to make a bit grander of a scene, then the Beauxbaton's Carriage paired with the Durmstrang Ship and the new Clocktower/Yule Ball set are going to make an awesome display. Can't wait!

Pleeease share that when you do it! Would love to see it! 

16 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Really wish people would stop linking to their YouTube channels/videos ??‍♂️?

Report them, I already have. Link is on the right side of the post.  

33 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think this graveyard set would fit well inside the hidden side one.

My thoughts exactly. I'm going to look for a way to combine them. 

Has it now become more likely that we will get Victor in his school uniform as he is the only champion we've not had in these currents sets, as well as Igor in either his teacher outfit or Yule Ball variation for CMF series 2?

Other cool things about 75965:

1. Technically, it has 5 minifigures. There is also a statue on Tom Riddle's grave, it has no printing, but it has a skirt piece, a torso, head and a hoodie. That's nice.

2. We get 4 different wand colours in a $20 set, that's great.

Oh my god these two sets are amazing! Standouts for me are the new variant for Hagrid, the Death Eater Figure and the entire design of the Beauxbaton carriage, its absolutely stunning! I wasn't so impressed with some of the previous sets and already had older versions of Hagrid's Hut and the Horntail but will be definitely be getting Expecto Patronum and these two, they're all fairly inexpensive and the minifigure selections are absolutely amazing!

I know lots of people have been wanting Fang, but I think it's odd that we've not got Pad-foot in any of the sets, only because the original POA sets Pad-foot was present in a few sets.

I think so far that the Harry Potter team is the most satisfying theme this year, in contrary to for example (or specifically) Star Wars.

4 hours ago, Lego Lad said:

Fleur looks amazing and I can tell will be a lot of people's favourite minifig in this wave, the dual moulded boots and the hat/hair piece look great and I'm happy Lego decided to add them, does anyone know if her face print is new or if it's an existing piece?

It is indeed a new face print

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, I honestly thought the two versions of Hermione and Sirius were going to be my favorites from this wave, but the uniformed Fleur really blows them out of the water. I love that new hat mold so much, and I thought we’d have to wait for another CMF to get it. 

And besides that they included 2 of them! Which is even better than 1!

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Macnair is proof that they can print flesh tones on a black head piece so I think they were intentionally going for that shadowed face look here

I wouldn't hope for too much, Mercy's head also looked great on the box itself but we all know how that turned out....

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't hope for too much, Mercy's head also looked great on the box itself but we all know how that turned out....

Well, we’ve seen pictures of the physical Macnair minifigure, not just box images, and it look pretty good with the flesh on black printing. To me this Death eater looks like they are trying to go for that shadowy look I mentioned before. If not, the effect is cool nonetheless

So the Brothers Brick has set descriptions up, and apparently the Beauxbatons carriage is a 2-in-1 build that can be converted into some kind of Beauxbarons dormitory. I definitely want to see how this function's turned out, having the Grindelwald carriage means I don't have much interest in another flying carriage from HP but if the dormitory build can fit with my layout it might be a good addition.

Also, why the hell does this one variant of Fleur get new dual-moulded legs, but the likes of Captain America and Iron Man Mk.85 don't? Actually why?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

16 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So the Brothers Brick has set descriptions up, and apparently the Beauxbatons carriage is a 2-in-1 build that can be converted into some kind of Beauxbarons dormitory. I definitely want to see how this function's turned out, having the Grindelwald carriage means I don't have much interest in another flying carriage from HP but if the dormitory build can fit with my layout it might be a good addition.

Also, why the hell does this one variant of Fleur get new dual-moulded legs, but the likes of Captain America and Iron Man Mk.85 don't? Actually why?

My guess is they tried printing her boots on at first, then maybe noticed it looked terrible and decided to just use dual moulded boots which makes the minifig so much better. I like to think the Lego company really loves the Harry Potter theme aha, they design incredible and well detailed builds and pretty much almost all Harry Potter minifigs have amazing detailed torsos and legs etc and new hair and hat pieces last year and this year.

I think I'm going to combine the new graveyard duel set with the hidden side graveyard, it looks like the 2 of them basically create and updated version of the first graveyard duel set. The colours even match up nicely and it has the overgrown theme going on for both of them. Only thing missing from the first one is some kind of carriage. I can even use the caretaker body to create Frank Bryce (although not screen accurate, but it would do the trick since he was a gardener/caretaker. Anyway I guess we won't get a baby voldemort? He was mentioned in 1 description I guess, but all of the other ones leave him out, but I hope I'm wrong about that one.

26 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I don't think it's a matter of rebuilding or converting so much as just folding open - look at the inset picture on the box art; I think that's the dormitory they're referring to.

30 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

You can see the dormitory set up in the bottom right hand corner of the box art. It looks a little like the Newt’s Suitcase set, in that instead of a completely different alternate build it’s an alternate configuration to show a magically expanded interior. It looks like it has two levels, and the lower one has a small eating area which includes a tea set. 

35 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Because most of the budget for the Marvel sets was eaten by Disney’s licensing fees :devil: But seriously Endgame is kind of the end of an era, and Harry Potter is actually the perfect example of a theme where Lego strangely got cold feet when budgeting sets for the final installment.