Kintobor

Kintobor's Cosplay Mafia Day Two: And Now His Watch Has Ended

36 minutes ago, Bob said:

Joker/Asphalt voting Superman
Barbossa/Khscarymovie4 voting Batgirl
Doctor Who/Lady K voting Moody
Karai/KotZ voting Wonder Woman
Myself and StickFig voting for Legolas

As others have mentioned, Day 1 votes are really go get the ball rolling, and that's what I did for mine (although seriously, who likes Fanta?). I do think the push for Hera has some scum members in it, although part of me wonders if that's just too obvious for scum to hide.

12 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

@Khscarymovie4, why didn't I change my vote? Because I wasn't seeking a lynch, we weren't heading towards a lynch (at least not one I could or would join LOL), and being day one no one else made any claims that struck me as odd or suspicious so I kept my vote on Stickfig because there was no pressing reason to change my vote.

As for why my lips slowed if not ceased to make a noise is because I felt that I had already explained my vote, my actions, and myself perfectly clear.

Fair enough I suppose. I don't agree with your vote but it was day 1. I was just curious as to why you kept your vote after so many other pointed out flaws. I still don't understand why you went so quiet. Was there nothing of else you wanted to contribute? No thoughts on the sort of forming wagon party that was behind you'r trail? I'll let you be, for now. 

45 minutes ago, Bob said:

Oh, I'm still alive. I haven't been metagamed. My foreboding in the sign-up thread must have deterred people. Slightly surprised about Legolas' affiliation. Back to square one for me I suppose. Still some people besides him jumped on the Ellie Sattler bandwagon. Perhaps there are some people that spread their votes around so that she wouldn't be lynched on the chance that she's actually scum. Both of these are distinct possibilities if she's town or scum. There's quite a lot of one person votes that went to various people. For instance:

Joker/Asphalt voting Superman
Barbossa/Khscarymovie4 voting Batgirl
Doctor Who/Lady K voting Moody
Karai/KotZ voting Wonder Woman
Myself and StickFig voting for Legolas

Yes, I included myself voting for Legolas near the end of the day. Hera/StickFig voted for Legolas early on, making that originally a one person vote and then I voted for him for reasons I outlined yesterday. (His Miller explanations, his joining on the Sattler bandwagon, thinking he's generally suspect.) Granted I was wrong about him as we can see today but hindsight is 20/20. On Day One, it's very difficult to identify a scum member. It's happened before as most people in this game can attest to and it's very satisfying to see, however usually people are just firing blindly on Day One and hoping that something sticks. There has been bouncing logic throughout the years on whether or not a lynch on Day One is a good thing. To some, it usually guarantees the death of a townie with a small chance of nabbing a scum. To others, the lynch reveals voting patterns and sets up the investigator, protector, and blocker. 

I mean, was that really necessary? I'd call that fluff I think. Filling up space and making an extraordinarily long post so you appear to have contributed a lot. It's an extremely useful tactic that you can go back on and say "look at all I've posted, I'm a useful townie!" I know this tactic because I've done it loads of times myself before. You might fool some people's eyes, but you won't fool this Kryptonian's dual face eyes, because four eyes are better than two, even if the other two are covered by my hair piece. Yesterday I said you were on my list because you were the false-pretender pirate. Now you're rising on my list because of useless fluff posts. Plus you spread your vote out yesterday on a random person. 

What are you trying to say that we don't know? If you are any sort of power role then you are experienced enough to not even hint in thread that you have a power role, so what are you trying to get at? 

I'll end the mystery. I made a joke night action last night that I wanted to go around the convention center and find a pirate hat. Oh that's right, I'm supposed to be a pirate aren't I? :pir-blush:

Arrrr. Shiver me timbers. 

I just wanted an easyish way for us to examine the fallen brothers post if we choose to. I doubt there is anything in that long passage, but In case there is I left it here. As for me spreading out my vote, did you want me to join a bandwagon? I think lynches on day 1 or bad for us good folk so of course I did not want to just off somebody and join a bandwagon. 

On 11/10/2018 at 5:45 PM, Khscarymovie4 said:

I feel day 1 is a starting point for all things to come, we see how others act and how they feel. Bandwagoning on day 1 (or any day) is very unhelpful to the town if you are just doing it because. I feel we should all be truthful and then vote for who we feel needs to go. I'm just so curious as to why you want a day 1 lynch. Do you feel it helps the town? Are you not scared we could kill a PR and maybe end up with 3 dead friendlys come sunrise?

This is something I said yesterday and I feel I followed that well. Instead of blindly jumping on some bandwagon, I wanted to give my real thoughts and vote for who I smelled fish of. Go ahead and call it spreading out my vote, but on day 1 I see no harm if what your spreading is your own thoughts. I still have bad thoughts relating to the bandwagon that was floating around yesterday. Batgirl and Wonder Women (The two DC characters funny enough) are the ones who still strike me as smelly for there bandwagony views. I will say Batgirl has at least attempted to respond to my thoughts (though I still find it scummy) while Wonder Women has been completely silent. I am willing to vote for either of them as of now. 

45 minutes ago, Bob said:

I'll end the mystery. I made a joke night action last night that I wanted to go around the convention center and find a pirate hat. Oh that's right, I'm supposed to be a pirate aren't I? :pir-blush:

Arrrr. Shiver me timbers. 

It seems both of us pirates have a thing for jokes in the night. 

Ok it seems that so more teeth have chattered since I began. 

41 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

My logic is (at least on Day One anyway) too vote early, that way we have the rest of the day to discuss said votes. At the time, I felt Ellie was the best person to vote for, for going after the milller claim so quickly. Plus didn’t you yourself also jump on a bandwagon of sorts?

I’m also a little wary of the people who waited until late in the day to place their vote. Almost like they were deliberately withholding it as to avoid jumping on a bandwagon. 

It is a good idea to vote early. But I find that your vote seemed to be just a bandwagon vote. At the point she already had 3 votes so your's made it to the halfway point. Just all that and you understood her made me suspicious of you. As of now the WW girl is striking me of odd more as she has not responded to my questions for her. 

14 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

:hmpf: @Foreman went after the miller claim first, and I placed my vote with the intention of getting discussion going and not to seek a lynch as I've mentioned multiple times now. I feel like the scum are trying to finish what they started yesterday which is to start a bandwagon lynch against someone they view as an easy target.

Ok who do you suspect specifically from thy bandwagon? 

1 minute ago, Tariq j said:

Fair enough, but regardless of who went after went after whom first, you still went after Hera.

True. And I've made intentions clear for why I voted for Hera. May I ask you what your suspicions of me were because I voted for Hera?

7 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I’m not trying to bandwagon against you or finish anything. I’m just justifying my vote against Moody’s questions. 

Fair enough. 

Hey who doesn’t like being wired up every now and again?

39 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

If he had that, he wouldn't need us.... where'd be the fun then?

4 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

... And got any more room on your cube over there? Sitting would be nice. 

Well, I'm still looking hard at chell, wonderwoman, and Batgirl, 

Oh, stop flirting.

/grabs cube and carries it over to the other side of the room where she places it down and sits on it... by herself.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

<lots of non-piratey things>

<throw away pirate comment>

I barely know you anymore.

Wasn't hinting at anything beyond keeping my eye on Moody's eye.

1 hour ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

:hmpf: @Foreman went after the miller claim first, and I placed my vote with the intention of getting discussion going and not to seek a lynch as I've mentioned multiple times now. I feel like the scum are trying to finish what they started yesterday which is to start a bandwagon lynch against someone they view as an easy target.

I never really think of Ellie Sattler as the type of person who plays the victim.

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

Gotta Say, Love the back and forth here guys.  If only there was a way to tell who was telling the truth and who was lying.  SO Hey Boss Man on the TV, Any chance of a Polygraph machine floating around this hotel anywhere?

I gotta say, it would be nice to hear some of your thoughts on people here.  You know, who you find scummy, who you think isn't scummy... you know actually providing some substance to the conversation.

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

As others have mentioned, Day 1 votes are really go get the ball rolling, and that's what I did for mine (although seriously, who likes Fanta?). I do think the push for Hera has some scum members in it, although part of me wonders if that's just too obvious for scum to hide.

/walks over to the food table

/grabs a fanta and chugs it

/walks over to Oroku

/crushes can in hand and drops it at Oroku's feet

I agree with Oroku that there are likely scum who were pushing on Hera and there are likely scum on the Ellie voting list, too.  The scum almost certainly spread their votes out yesterday.  There are no obvious places for scum on a day 1 vote that went as it did yesterday.  FWIW, I don't buy into the 2nd or 3rd vote on a bandwagon thing being a good place to expect scum, particularly on a day 1 vote that didn't really go anywhere.  At this point, everyone knows that's a suspicious place to be.  WIFOM.

1 hour ago, fhomess said:

I gotta say, it would be nice to hear some of your thoughts on people here.  You know, who you find scummy, who you think isn't scummy... you know actually providing some substance to the conversation.

Dont know about Scummy or Townie but we certainly have some aggressive types.  Aggressive enough to stab a man in the hall for being too pretty?  Maybe.  So you want my thoughts.

Gotta Say I am of two minds from the voting.  Being new to these things bear with me.  So as I see Scum know who their buddies are right?  They have a stragegy right?  So do they go all in an an attempt to create a landslide on the first night?  I don't see that as too likely.   I bet they would spread it out a bit, find a likely candidate and fill the ranks.  So I bet at least half of the Ellie votes and Half of the Hera votes are scum trying to stir up trouble.  The singletons I think are more likely to be town.  

20 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Well that sucks, but fortunately it didn't suck even more! What's the whole issue with Bob? 

I don't like his superman pirate

26 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Dont know about Scummy or Townie but we certainly have some aggressive types.  Aggressive enough to stab a man in the hall for being too pretty?  Maybe.  So you want my thoughts.

Gotta Say I am of two minds from the voting.  Being new to these things bear with me.  So as I see Scum know who their buddies are right?  They have a stragegy right?  So do they go all in an an attempt to create a landslide on the first night?  I don't see that as too likely.   I bet they would spread it out a bit, find a likely candidate and fill the ranks.  So I bet at least half of the Ellie votes and Half of the Hera votes are scum trying to stir up trouble.  The singletons I think are more likely to be town.  

The Joker being reasonable? Strangely out of character for you :tongue:

In all seriousness, I agree with this, as I mentioned earlier there's sure to be some scum hiding in the Hera vote.

2 hours ago, fhomess said:

I barely know you anymore.

Wasn't hinting at anything beyond keeping my eye on Moody's eye.

Arrr that be hurting my feelings. :pir-bawling: I be the same salty sea dog that sailed the seven seas of Krypton. Before it blew up.

Just seemed a bit odd that you went to look at Moody in particular, but I suppose that's not the strangest thing that's happened today. My backside got kicked last night most violently. 

18 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

They have a stragegy right?  So do they go all in an an attempt to create a landslide on the first night?  I don't see that as too likely.   I bet they would spread it out a bit, find a likely candidate and fill the ranks.  So I bet at least half of the Ellie votes and Half of the Hera votes are scum trying to stir up trouble.  The singletons I think are more likely to be town.  

Not always. Sometimes the scum team isn't always the most organized on Day One. Day One, in the past, has moved very quickly and the minds of the players have changed on the slightest of whims. Nowadays and particularly Day One in this game, a lot of player's picked a person and stuck with their vote, which can help the scum team become organized. However when players change their votes wildly it can change the plans of the scum team. Due to timezones, not all the members of the team will always be on. Some work, some have other responsibilities, etc. 

During Day Two, after they've learned some night action results, they will usually become more organized and better prepared and lay down a framework for future days, but on Day One it can mostly be a random mess for the scum team, at least from what I've experienced.

Sorry if Mr. Mad-Eye "Fluff Sheriff" Moody thinks this is in the very slightest of fluff. Just thought I would share a bit of information and my opinions on that matter. However like Moody I too would like to learn who you suspect. You dodged a bit on that question if you don't mind me saying. Sorry if you think I'm picking on you because you're new. :blush: You say though that you're suspicious of those who spread out their vote but you're also suspicious of some of the people that voted for Ellie and Hera. That's quite a lot of people. 

4 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I just wanted an easyish way for us to examine the fallen brothers post if we choose to. I doubt there is anything in that long passage, but In case there is I left it here. As for me spreading out my vote, did you want me to join a bandwagon? I think lynches on day 1 or bad for us good folk so of course I did not want to just off somebody and join a bandwagon. 

If you didn't think there's anything in that long passage, why would you post it and take up space in the thread? Be careful, Mad Eye may be the Fluff Sheriff, but I'm the Fluff Deputy. I'm of the mind that sometimes Day One lynches are important because it gives us voting patterns and ways of analyzing our thoughts. I thought the wagon against Sattler was bogus, but perhaps I should've voted for her so we could be closer to a lynch and examined what that meant in regards to who voted for her and why.

Just now, Foreman said:

:hmpf: "I don't like the way Bob is roleplaying! Let's lynch him for no other reason but that!" 

I know you're new, but that's Western Mafia/Mystery Castle/Baritones-era 2008/2009 level of lynching logic. 

Bob I've never heard of those Mafia games, but in the end, I've voted for Hera because of her miller claim

also does anyone have info from night actions?

Just now, Foreman said:

Bob I've never heard of those Mafia games, but in the end, I've voted for Hera because of her miller claim

They're at the very top. Some of the very first Mafia Games on Eurobricks. Scroll down the thread to read about them.

Also, if you're a member of the town, it's generally not a good idea to ask about night action results. Just a friendly heads up. 

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

I know you're new, but that's Western Mafia/Mystery Castle/Baritones-era 2008/2009 level of lynching logic. 

Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

:hmpf: "I don't like the way Bob is roleplaying! Let's lynch him for no other reason but that!"

5 minutes ago, Foreman said:

Also to add on tho this, my first game I went really into the RP and played a stuttering cop, which I just made up the stutter and doomed me. Just because someone play's a different way (or at least role plays a different character) is no mean to target them.

4 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

hey you trying to put the blame on me? that's suspicious

as of now my top 3 suspects are @LegoMonorailFan @StickFig @KotZ StickFig and KotZ for suspecting me and StickFig for her Miller Claim

3 minutes ago, Foreman said:

as of now my top 3 suspects are @LegoMonorailFan @StickFig @KotZ StickFig and KotZ for suspecting me and StickFig for her Miller Claim

No, I'm certainly not trying to put the blame on you/suspecting you, just saying people RP in these games.

30846618417_96fee65513_o.jpg

"Voting is now open. With 13 players a majority of seven is needed to lynch.

Also, a brief reminder that the third floor of the hotel is completely prohibited to all cosplayers. Anyone who enters there will meet certain death. That is all."

@Khscarymovie4, who voted for me yesterday that I'm most suspicious of at the moment? @Tariq j. After explaining my reasons for why I voted for Hera, he replied saying...

Fair enough, but regardless of who went after went after whom first, you still went after Hera.

I've explained my reasoning for why I voted for (not "went after") Hera. Now, I want a reason why I shouldn't have voted for Hera, and what was actually wrong with voting for Hera.

2 hours ago, Foreman said:

Just stating a fact.

2mkwgq.jpg

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Sorry if Mr. Mad-Eye "Fluff Sheriff" Moody thinks this is in the very slightest of fluff. Just thought I would share a bit of information and my opinions on that matter. However like Moody I too would like to learn who you suspect. You dodged a bit on that question if you don't mind me saying. Sorry if you think I'm picking on you because you're new. :blush: You say though that you're suspicious of those who spread out their vote but you're also suspicious of some of the people that voted for Ellie and Hera. That's quite a lot of people. 

Not to defend the new guy, but isn't that an accurate position to be in? I'm suspicious of everyone but myself. 

Like superman said, no one is going to answer that. It'd just be opening themselves up to getting killed by the scum tonight. Those with actions will slowly build a "town block" of trusted people that will chat in private, and only rarely will info get shared publicly. In fact, blowing their cover is part of why I didn't jump on the Ellie wagon yesterday. Without a good reason to lynch her, what if she IS a town power role (PR) and about to get lynched? She'd be forced to reveal her ability, crippling her for the rest of the game and therefore crippling US for the rest of the game. 

Seems the time for voting has hit our hairy bodies again. I still am in the belief that the vote on Ellie the "plant girl" may have included some scum in it's ranks. The DC women stand out to me the most. Both seemed to be bandwagoning on the Ellie vote, even though Batgirl "understood" Ellie and Wonder Women was more in favor for lynching Hera. smell of dried blood on a hot day but Batgirl has at least responded to my suspicion of her. WW has kept completely silent if I'm not mistaken. Even though she has been around these parts. 

Vote: Wonder Women (Forresto) 

@Forresto anything to say against my thoughts from yesterday and today about thy?

If anyone is curious I am in favor of a lynch today. At the moment I would be ok with lynching either of the DC girls. 

15 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

@Khscarymovie4, who voted for me yesterday that I'm most suspicious of at the moment? @Tariq j. After explaining my reasons for why I voted for Hera, he replied saying...

I've explained my reasoning for why I voted for (not "went after") Hera. Now, I want a reason why I shouldn't have voted for Hera, and what was actua

2mkwgq.jpg

Thank you for your suspicion. I am an agreeance with your thoughts on the batlady, as my thoughts above state. Also that picture...:pir_laugh2:

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

In all seriousness, I agree with this, as I mentioned earlier there's sure to be some scum hiding in the Hera vote.

I want to call this out because I agree with it in principle.  The Hera vote is getting talked about in this way and that gives the impression that it was a pretty decent bandwagon, so of course there's scum in there.  The reality is, that there were only three people who voted for Hera.  They were Finn, Ellie, and Mad-Eye, and that's a conveniently small group to look at.

Because that group is small and because of the Miller claim, I think it's really unlikely more than one of them is scum.  Just based on behavior at this point, I am inclined to think that any of them could be scum.  I did find Ellie a bit contradictory yesterday, but she hasn't really said anything since that is making me take a stronger stance against her.  Finn is being obstinate in his words, but not really his actions.  Mad-Eye is probably the one of that group that I suspect the strongest right now.  He just seems to be trying hard to convince us he's town.  Plus, his eye is creeping me out.

Vote: Mad-Eye Moody (mostlytechnic)

FWIW, I agree with the True Pirate that we need a lynch today.  At this point, I would not have any issue with his proposal of Wonder Woman (or Batgirl).

I'm more suspicious of batgirl at the moment so I'm going to vote...

Vote: Batgirl (Tariq J)

Like others, I would very much like to hear more from wonder woman.

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

The Joker being reasonable? Strangely out of character for you :tongue:

You don't become a underworld lord of laughter without a little bit of sense.  OR is that a sense of humor, Ahhhh who knows.

I think If I am going to call it for today I am going to 

Vote: Mad-Eye Moody (mostlytechnic)

I agree that he seems to be trying to hard to convince people that he is town.  If you have a target on your back do you really want to work that much to point it out.

Also, I have a good vibe about Wonderwoman.  I know she has been pretty quiet, but we toasted over Fanta.  

8 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

True. And I've made intentions clear for why I voted for Hera. May I ask you what your suspicions of me were because I voted for Hera?

Fair enough. 

I apologise for my delay in voting, to answer your question, the Miller claim was left for open for discussion and I just felt going after him, when he was the only Town role we had, not “role” per se more just town, but still, it felt too easy. Granted there was (and still is) a tiny possibility Hera is lying, but there are just too many risks involved in that. So voting for her felt like an easy way to bump off a town player.

I find the misuse of the term bandwagoning curiously effective at deflecting or diffusing away. 

Bandwagoning is unsubstantied voting in favor of whoever is leading votes or reasoning a vote by copying what others have said before. It’s a vote of appearances not of sequence. 

Voting for someone who already has votes isn’t automatically a bandwagon by default. 

(I subscribed to the forum for new topics and never get emailed. I didn’t even know day two had started so quickly, kudos Kintobor for keeping things moving)

Some interesting votes straight off the bat. Once again the vote is being spread out with some going straight to Moody. I suppose I'm going to be a hypocrite though because I'm going to:

Vote: Hector Barbossa / Khscarymovie4

For fluffy posts, general unhelpfulness, trying to appear like he's making long posts. Is suddenly okay with the idea of a lynch today even though he was against a lynch yesterday. Not much has changed between today and yesterday besides the death of Legolas. If anything, to me, this is a repeat of Day One. There's no new helpful information. If you were against a lynch on Day One because of a lack of information, you should be against one on Day Two because of the same lack of information. This just seems like you're eager to get rid of someone without the baggage of a Day One lynch. 

2 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Not to defend the new guy, but isn't that an accurate position to be in? I'm suspicious of everyone but myself. 

Yeah I guess so, but usually you have a top list of people that you suspect. That's the list that I would have expected. 

2 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Vote: Mad-Eye Moody (mostlytechnic)

I agree that he seems to be trying to hard to convince people that he is town.  If you have a target on your back do you really want to work that much to point it out.

As well as making some generally fluffy posts today this just feels like a rehash of Chell has said in her argument against Moody. You've pretty much used his exact wording. You've never mentioned you've found Moody suspicious before so why suddenly now?

Vote: The Joker (Asphalt)