Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 10/26/2018 at 11:51 AM, avengers777 said:

Disney XD dropped a trailer for Star Wars All-Stars it features L3-37 & Pru Sweevant from the Force Awakens. Maybe we'll see them in physical form soon.

The Zillo beast is back!

Great news!! :thumbup: Now it’s become clear why they chose type C for the Throne Room set :classic: And as I’ve mused before, now we have four distinguishable pairs, two of which share helmet type C, but one has legs while the other sports skirts. Kudos to TLG, this may shape up to be my new favourite BP and even gives the Elite Clone Trooper BP a run for its money:moar:  

That new Rebel Trooper just proves how much better a figure can get with a little additional printing. Love it.

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Great news!! :thumbup: Now it’s become clear why they chose type C for the Throne Room set :classic: And as I’ve mused before, now we have four distinguishable pairs, two of which share helmet type C, but one has legs while the other sports skirts. Kudos to TLG, this may shape up to be my new favourite BP and even gives the Elite Clone Trooper BP a run for its money:moar:  

Praise the Lego gods! My prayers have been answered. Waiting for a better photo though

Great news to have the three helmets in the Praetorian Guards battlepack :sweet:. This time they have thrown the rest. Looking at the fighting scene, for playing it's better to have legs for them. Although when standing the slope version is visually better. I guess it's a tradeoff. 

The new Rebel Trooper looks fine. It's good to have new versions to add some variations to the figures. Where is it supposed to come with?

I wouldn't get too excited about a Tantive IV set. Apparently the Rebel Fleet Trooper is from one of the 4+ sets. Probably the TIE.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I wouldn't get too excited about a Tantive IV set. Apparently the Rebel Fleet Trooper is from one of the 4+ sets. Probably the TIE.

Yeah I was afraid of that. I was very much hoping for a Tantive IV but I didn’t really expect it

I’m curious if like he Stormtrooper we’ll get a new mold for the  tie pilot helmet? 

With the Junior Tie Fighter and Inferno Squad Battlepack there would be no greater opportunity then now to introduce one.

9 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

Big props to Lego on the 3 helmet moulds - impressive!

It'll be amazing if the set includes all 3 helmet types. The skeptical part of me still thinks that the leaked images just threw in the helmet mold that came with this year's throne room set.

3 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

It'll be amazing if the set includes all 3 helmet types. The skeptical part of me still thinks that the leaked images just threw in the helmet mold that came with this year's throne room set.

There's already a new stormtrooper helmet mould and the TIE pilot helmet does need a redo, especially with the big gap at the back. I'm going to hope for one.

5 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

There's already a new stormtrooper helmet mould and the TIE pilot helmet does need a redo, especially with the big gap at the back. I'm going to hope for one.

You mean the fact that the helmet's back end higher than the back of the head? Because as far as I know that's actually pretty much screen accurate, no?

32 minutes ago, brobert said:

You mean the fact that the helmet's back end higher than the back of the head? Because as far as I know that's actually pretty much screen accurate, no?

Right, I wasn't aware of that. But after googleling it the gap in the Lego version seems a bit too big and it would look better if it was a bit smaller.

8 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

In the image you can see the third type right next to the throne room type and they are clearly different 

damn, that praetorian BP is definitely a want, if it really includes all 3 types (I haven't seen evidence of the 3rd one yet). Bit of a shame that they don't have skirts, but that is a killer combo anyway with another stormie. Do we know what the build will be?

@Aethersprite @brobert

The picture we’re talking about shows the bucket type helmet (type A) and the lockjaw helmet (type C) right next to each other and they’re clearly different :wink: 

We don’t know anything about the build yet but who cares, now that we have all three types of guards in a single set :wub: Plus a regular TLJ Stormie :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

In the image you can see the third type right next to the throne room type and they are clearly different 

Actually, I can't, not saying they are the same, but I think that picture is way too fuzzy to be sure

10 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Actually, I can't, not saying they are the same, but I think that picture is way too fuzzy to be sure

I think you guys misunderstood what I said - I know that the leaked images show that we'll be getting the other 2 types of helmet in the BP, but I'm just skeptical that the BP will also include the helmet type we already got with the throne room set. Getting all 3 helmet types in 1 small, cheap set seems a little too good to be true. I'd be very, very happy if it were the case, though.

With the quite expensive and somewhat meh Throne Room set Lego wasted the opportunity of having a great set like the Final Duel. But fixing errors afterwards is a welcomed option always, like the Hoth Chamber set, as an afterthought addition to the Assault on Hoth set.

This time it's a battle pack, and having an inexpensive way to get all the Praetorian Guards types in it is a sound way to fix the overall scene recreation. Spare parts will do the rest. These are user-modifiable Lego sets, after all :tongue:.

I miss a purple servant instead of a new Stormtrooper to render the set perfect, but maybe that's just me. The Stormtrooper has objectively more usage for a battle and I'm fine to keep throwing them in battlepacks to increase their number in any collection, big or small. 

Edited by dvogon

2 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

I think you guys misunderstood what I said - I know that the leaked images show that we'll be getting the other 2 types of helmet in the BP, but I'm just skeptical that the BP will also include the helmet type we already got with the throne room set. Getting all 3 helmet types in 1 small, cheap set seems a little too good to be true. I'd be very, very happy if it were the case, though.

Good point, if the movie has 2x type C, and 4x type A (instead of vice versa), then putting two helmets of type A in the BP would make more sense. But I don't think they'd show the type C guard in the leaked picture if it wasn't in the set, especially a non-skirted version :wink: If it was just there for comparison's sake, it would have a skirt instead of legs...

2 minutes ago, dvogon said:

The Stormtrooper has objectively more usage for a battle and I'm fine to keep throwing them in battlepacks to increase their number in any collection, big or small. 

Well, except it's a TLJ Stormie, so it doesn't reaaaaaally fit with the TFA Stormies (unless you bought later copies of the FO speeder BP, where they've nonsensically updated the printing despite it not being a TLJ set)

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good point, if the movie has 2x type C, and 4x type A (instead of vice versa), then putting two helmets of type A in the BP would make more sense. But I don't think they'd show the type C guard in the leaked picture if it wasn't in the set, especially a non-skirted version :wink: If it was just there for comparison's sake, it would have a skirt instead of legs...

Well, except it's a TLJ Stormie, so it doesn't reaaaaaally fit with the TFA Stormies (unless you bought later copies of the FO speeder BP, where they've nonsensically updated the printing despite it not being a TLJ set)

I don’t think the Stormtroopers in the movies were any different. The new face printing on the FO Stormtroopers is just an update Lego added to the minifigs, they were all the same in the films I’m pretty sure. If not, then that went way over my head

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t think the Stormtroopers in the movies were any different. The new face printing on the FO Stormtroopers is just an update Lego added to the minifigs, they were all the same in the films I’m pretty sure. If not, then that went way over my head

Thinner noses lines.

Just a question, but does anyone know anything more to the minifigure dictionary thats coming out? I hope the figure was as good as the white boba fett we got last time. 

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, they are very similar, so it does fit, IMHO. And it´s movie-accurate, after all. I just take it as a slightly different design of FO Stormie helmet - I can live with that.