Sign in to follow this  
dtomsen

LEGO Gmbh Spielwaren Köf

Well, my turn to present this lovely shunter even though the MOC was designed in 2012 and is based on my DSB Køf already shown here :classic:

LEGO Gmbh Spielwaren Köf

Deutche Bundesbahns legendary shunter köf was built in 1950 by Deutz, and bought in 1987 by LEGO Gmbh Spielwaren in Hohenwestedt, Slesvig-Holsten, where the shunter moved cargo between warehouses in an old industrial area until sold in 2002.

My model:

Scale: 1:45
Lenght: 17 bricks
Width: 8 bricks
Bricks: 268
Powered: 1 x 9v motor or PF motor with the old 9v battery box using the PF to 9v extension wire
Designed: 2012

First, a high-quality rendering by LDD to Pov-Ray using custom decorations and some manual editing:

44573202771_b3f4a187bf_b.jpg

The stickers are downscaled versions of the official LEGO ones but homemade from then on.

29615735707_1c15548b3e_b.jpg

The IR receiver can be reached easily from the section behind but the receiver, the 9v battery box and all the wires demand optimal utilization of the tight space inside, especially some of the empty space above the train motor:

9933409604_dd471165ae_b.jpg

Photo from Klodsfest 2013, our yearly Danish LUG event.

Edited by dtomsen

Oh, I saw this on Flickr the other day, and I really liked it, but then again, I am a bit of a sucker for small diesel switchers. 

I also like how you made it using the classic Legoland colors as well, a "LEGO" Lego train, as it were.  Also, good job fitting all that PF stuff in something this small.

9 hours ago, vclarke said:

Will you please submit this to LEGO Ideas ASAP?

Thanks, nice compliment :wub:

But seriously, some essential parts have not been in production in a long time, the old 9v battery box or the 9v train motor. Without them, the Kof would be push-only and who wants that. I also see no way how PUp would work, yet that is. And no old train windows :cry2:

Even with the required 10000 votes, I don’t think LEGO would pick it, because of the reasons mentioned above and look, it is a train after all :wink:

Anyway, a fellow Danish LUG member and I are working on building instructions (and stickers) people can download for free and build it if they want to.

It's a nice model, but indeed only with a 9V engine they can go this small, so Lego Ideas is a no go

So I guess in the future official models will always quite big

Actually the PF train motor also works with PF to 9v extension wire between the IR Receiver and the old smaller 9v battery box (the PF battery box is too big for a train this small). Only PUp seems a no-go currently.

Edited by dtomsen

Not with a train motor (and protruding pin) directly underneath ?

A smaller battery box would be nice, LEGO ?

Edited by dtomsen

On 9/12/2018 at 12:32 PM, Dragunov2 said:

Powered Up with a 9V battery box

Yeah, a stand-alone Powered Up hub (with adapters) would be nice too :classic:

For those interested: Free building instructions by felllow Danish LUG-member Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen and stickers by me at snakebyte.dk :classic:

Edited by dtomsen

On 10/20/2018 at 5:17 PM, dtomsen said:

For those interested: Free building instructions by felllow Danish LUG-member Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen and stickers by me at snakebyte.dk :classic:

Very nice thanks to both of you!