Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

12-15 minifigures with dungeon, armory, throne room, and a treasure room according to greekbricks. We are going to be eating SO GOOD

Apparently the dimensions are insane as well. The thing is almost a meter tall (83cm, 33 inches), and 18 inches wide, or 45cm. I can't got it, but I 100% would if I had the time and space.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

How reliable is greekbricks.

Others have posted too it's reliable.  Sounds awesome and Sauron in full armor.  Also Sam and frodo and multiple orcs.  

Edited by zoth33

Damn, was really excited for this, but at that size and cost I am going to need to wait awhile or skip altogether.  Orthanc was like $200, couldnt they do this for like $350??!!!!

5 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Damn, was really excited for this, but at that size and cost I am going to need to wait awhile or skip altogether.  Orthanc was like $200, couldnt they do this for like $350??!!!!

We already knew it was going to be around $500 so it wasn't going to be a smaller set.  

6 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

We are going to be eating SO GOOD

lotr-funny.gif

Sounds painful (wallet-ly), what with the other Castley & Spacey big sets & CMFs also out this year. Plus the Viking Village is STILL out of stock in Australia, I'm still waiting to get one of those.

8 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

12-15 minifigures with dungeon, armory, throne room, and a treasure room according to greekbricks. We are going to be eating SO GOOD

What greekbricks posted exactly: "Features 12-15 minifigures including: Sauron in full armor, Frodo, Samwise, multiple orcs and more"

I hope that *and more* means we're also getting Gollum, Nazguls, the Witch King or Last Alliance minifigures. I'm looking forward to seeing what it means. :excited:

6 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

For $350 now, I would not expect much more than Orthanc was back then. And that would be a huge disappointment to many.

Wow that will be much bigger than orthanc ( I might need to rethink my shelf space).  Isn’t that about 5 inches taller and ten inches wider?  I thought it would be bigger but only by an inch or so.  Also excited for the “and more” category.  Should be a good set.

Posted (edited)

Man I was thinking 4-5 figs... 12-15 is phenomenal! thebrickreporter says Sauron's eye will be brick-built, which I think we all assumed but now it's confirmed.

Edited by mirkwoodspiders

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Others have posted too it's reliable.  Sounds awesome and Sauron in full armor.  Also Sam and frodo and multiple orcs.  

At this point, Greekbricks, Brick Reporter, and Jedi News have posted it, none of which are consistently reliable for new leaks. Other than a figure leak, I don't think Greekbricks has been leaked something "original" since the Republic Fighter Tank. 

Also, the dimensions are just those from the survey, which stated it would be 83cm tall and 44 cm wide, which are the same dimensions with the inches rounded up. All of the rooms stated are just those from the Orthanc set or the survey (throne, dungeon, treasure room, etc.), and the survey listed Sam, Frodo, Sauron, and orcs as well. I would guess that the 12-15 is simply based on Rivendell's fig list, and not any new info. 

Oh, and the piece count and price leaked about two months ago between Brickmerge, Max Baute, FalconFan, etc.. Those aren't new either...  So essentially none of this info is new or necessarily accurate. It's the same as the "leaks" of the X-Mansion fig list that is a direct copy of the survey leak proposed as brand new info. 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

8 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

At this point, Greekbricks, Brick Reporter, and Jedi News have posted it, none of which are consistently reliable for new leaks. Other than a figure leak, I don't think Greekbricks has been leaked something "original" since the Republic Fighter Tank. 

Also, the dimensions are just those from the survey, which stated it would be 83cm tall and 44 cm wide, which are the same dimensions with the inches rounded up. All of the rooms stated are just those from the Orthanc set or the survey (throne, dungeon, treasure room, etc.), and the survey listed Sam, Frodo, Sauron, and orcs as well. I would guess that the 12-15 is simply based on Rivendell's fig list, and not any new info. 

Oh, and the piece count and price leaked about two months ago between Brickmerge, Max Baute, FalconFan, etc.. Those aren't new either...  So essentially none of this info is new or necessarily accurate. It's the same as the "leaks" of the X-Mansion fig list that is a direct copy of the survey leak proposed as brand new info. 

itavixbrix just re-posted the info. Are they reliable from what you know?

So if there would be an Avatar-tall Sauron, shouldn't a (hypothetical) Nazgul have the same size?

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

itavixbrix just re-posted the info. Are they reliable from what you know?

Itavixbrix seems to simply repost info from others. Looks like his account started in February. I wouldn't necessarily take his posts as any sort of gospel at this point. 

4 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Itavixbrix seems to simply repost info from others. Looks like his account started in February. I wouldn't necessarily take his posts as any sort of gospel at this point. 

I see. Well, we should know soon enough. June will come faster than we think. I hope the recently posted information is true!

Most of the "leaks" this week have just been re-posts of what we've seen before. I don't think there's anything new right now.

It's just a thought, but if Barad-Dur contains Frodo and Sam it will also contain Sting, right? So it should also come with all dwarven axes, elven swords, Narsils, etc. although they have nothing to do with it.

8 hours ago, Ben S said:

It's just a thought, but if Barad-Dur contains Frodo and Sam it will also contain Sting, right? So it should also come with all dwarven axes, elven swords, Narsils, etc. although they have nothing to do with it.

Not necessarily, it could focus on the one Ring as his accessory. I would expect to get sting, but it does not follow that just because it has Frodo is HAS to have it.

I've heard that the set is being DELAYED. Not sure why or when it will release. But it would make sense for Rivendell and Barad-Dur to compete with each other. We need system scale sets. I don't remember when, but someone else and I did report that Falcon (extremely reliable) said that LotR is "returning" beyond Barad-Dur. I'd like to see a small wave of LotR ssystem scale sets by the end of the year. Maybe a couple small ones, a medium one, and a bigger one? Would be nice. 

Where is that coming from? Just a few days ago we had Brick Clicker stating it comes June 1st in his video...

13 minutes ago, Something_Awesome said:

I've heard that the set is being DELAYED. Not sure why or when it will release. But it would make sense for Rivendell and Barad-Dur to compete with each other. We need system scale sets. I don't remember when, but someone else and I did report that Falcon (extremely reliable) said that LotR is "returning" beyond Barad-Dur. I'd like to see a small wave of LotR ssystem scale sets by the end of the year. Maybe a couple small ones, a medium one, and a bigger one? Would be nice. 

I wouldn't believe that delay thing I think that's wrong several people have said June.   I think there are some people with the wrong info.