Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

37 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Really has my hopes down regarding the Deku Tree and Barad-dûr. It really could be a long time before we see those, if ever.

Do

The Deku tree looks quite finished. Some of the others had blank minifigs as stand ins, it didn't suggesting it's more finished and it was a pricing survey so for all we know they could reveal the Deku tree with the next Zelda Nintendo direct with the TotK info.

Edited by Agent Kallus
Vfgub

4 hours ago, mtrsteve said:

Lol, "Barad-dur mom" gave me a chuckle. Imagining Saurons mom yelling at him to stop playing with those silly rings and get in here to do the dishes...

Hope this link still works (Flickr noob) https://www.flickr.com/gp/197582965@N08/8K9KCmfF99

To be clear, the MOC was designed by someone else who sold me the instructions and parts list

Oh dear I didn't check my spelling, everyone's got to listen to their mom though...even Sauron.:laugh: 

Well thanks for showing me that moc, now my expectations are far too high and I'm going to end up disappointed by the official version.:wink:

20 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

I have to say, I was not expecting this for Rivendell.  I had more of a buildings (maybe a full building, or micro scale) picture in mind.  I think most of the Mocs have been this way, and I was looking at it from that lens.  (All the comparisons to date have been Rivendell Mocs, hogwarts microscale, diagon alley - all building focused).  I have to say I really like the actual direction taken.  It reminds me the most of the helms deep set but with the detail from orthanc (some lonely mountain set vibes too).  What I mean by this is it really fits into the old lord of the rings theme but at a higher detail and scale than before.  I am actually very happy with that direction because it maintains a certain vision for the theme - high display ability, definitely Lego (like if Lego did a LOTR movie), and some play feel to it as well.  The focus is on the story and characters within a beautiful background.  Not what I had expected regardless of scale, but am very excited about the direction. (let’s be honest it was a day one purchase for me regardless of how it looked).

This also makes me think we will see more play scale sets in this same vein. 

And now it would be fun to speculate wildly on a GWP for this.  My vote is for a Balrog.

My vote is for an Eowyn vs witch king (+fellbeast).

Or if that's too much to ask for, a detailed Faramir figure polybag with a spare set of Gondor armor and a 2 piece horn of Gondor accessory 

15 minutes ago, mtrsteve said:

Or if that's too much to ask for, a detailed Faramir figure polybag with a spare set of Gondor armor and a 2 piece horn of Gondor accessory 

I think Eiffel’s apartment piece count and inclusion of a minifig (or Lars homestead last year) are fair comparisons points.  (Or the new bionicle one going for the $100 of sales price point).  So I am good with hoping for either suggestion.  I would even just take the witch king and fell beast.  I remember talking about Tolkien’s writing room as an idea before @Balrogofmorgoth might have had that idea.

sounds like we might find out if there is one as early as this weekend if they do the official announcement.

6 minutes ago, Lordhelmet said:

I think Eiffel’s apartment piece count and inclusion of a minifig (or Lars homestead last year) are fair comparisons points.  (Or the new bionicle one going for the $100 of sales price point).  So I am good with hoping for either suggestion.  I would even just take the witch king and fell beast.  I remember talking about Tolkien’s writing room as an idea before @Balrogofmorgoth might have had that idea.

sounds like we might find out if there is one as early as this weekend if they do the official announcement.

Let's be real, the GWP will be a Sauron Brickheadz. In his floating eye form.

34 minutes ago, mtrsteve said:

Let's be real, the GWP will be a Sauron Brickheadz. In his floating eye form.

Brickheadz golumn but he is holding a ring instead of a fish is another front runner

2 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

Apparently @JeanGreyForeversaid Rivendell wasn't in the survey so different source 

Yes, but my point was that the images we've seen leaked were probably in the survey, but also likely in something else - along with Rivendell (which wasn't in the survey). So while the survey may have had some images, the person who leaked the images may well have got them all from a different place. So it could all be one source for the leak.

Tolkien's writing room would be a cool GWP. Please, please, please no Brickheadz! :laugh:

I for one really hope they won't do a GWP with an exclusive figure. I hate that sort of stuff, and how they've been leaning into GWPs in general lately.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Yes, but my point was that the images we've seen leaked were probably in the survey, but also likely in something else - along with Rivendell (which wasn't in the survey). So while the survey may have had some images, the person who leaked the images may well have got them all from a different place. So it could all be one source for the leak.

Tolkien's writing room would be a cool GWP. Please, please, please no Brickheadz! :laugh:

Right I'm just interested to know what toher source is where they got the rivendell leak from is. 

As for the gwp anything would be cool as long as it has a figure. It doesn't have to be exclusive but I don't want some brickbuilt crap

I think a fell beast with a basic Ringwraith as a GWP would be the perfect compliment to Barad-Dur. The fell beast isn’t a proper dragon, more like a worm with wings, so I don’t think the piece count would be crazy. I’d be okay with waiting for the Witchking in a bigger set (which is what I assume LEGO will do since he is such a desirable minifig).

Speaking of GWPs, is there any indication that we will be getting one with Rivendell? If so, what do folks think it could be? We need some baddies… I would love a GWP with Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth, a Black Rider or two, and a little river / shore build. That may be too much to ask for…

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I think a fell beast with a basic Ringwraith as a GWP would be the perfect compliment to Barad-Dur. The fell beast isn’t a proper dragon, more like a worm with wings, so I don’t think the piece count would be crazy. I’d be okay with waiting for the Witchking in a bigger set (which is what I assume LEGO will do since he is such a desirable minifig).

Speaking of GWPs, is there any indication that we will be getting one with Rivendell? If so, what do folks think it could be? We need some baddies… I would love a GWP with Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth, a Black Rider or two, and a little river / shore build. That may be too much to ask for…

Watch them make a buildable ring 🤣🤣

On 2/1/2023 at 1:26 AM, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

Oh thanks, now I can't get that awesome image out of my head and I want one!

Sorry! Glad to share my pain ;)-

On 2/1/2023 at 7:01 PM, Alegrispa said:

Hands down the craziest leak day ever. Holy f*ck.

This ain't a leak, it's a pipe burst!

On 2/1/2023 at 6:51 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This day is absolutely legendary. The fact that two LotR D2Cs leaked, and they're separated by a whole year :tongue:

Barad-dûr looks fantastic. Very well done, although we can't really see much.

And the Star Wars UCS as well =)

4 hours ago, mtrsteve said:

I only want fell beast and balrog molded, and that will never happen in a GWP, so I will rather go for some generic Rivendell high elven soldier

31 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I only want fell beast and balrog molded, and that will never happen in a GWP, so I will rather go for some generic Rivendell high elven soldier

A dinner with the elves (hobbit Rivendell) might work well, two added elves with a small table build.  Would fit Rivendell without a crazy add on.  White council would also fit staying in the hobbit theme.  

7 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

So much more than that tho. Around twelve sets leaked.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Anyone else excited about the inclusion of the statue minifigures in the images of rivendell or just me? I know they're not actual characters, but they look pretty neat and its cool to have 4 or 5 extra figs with an already huge amount of figs included in the set and something they could have easily skipped

31 minutes ago, Timobricko said:

Anyone else excited about the inclusion of the statue minifigures in the images of rivendell or just me? I know they're not actual characters, but they look pretty neat and its cool to have 4 or 5 extra figs with an already huge amount of figs included in the set and something they could have easily skipped

Well, the statues are in the original film set of rivendell as well, so.. 

43 minutes ago, Timobricko said:

Hoping they might be semi-printed, and not just blank.

12 minutes ago, LegoAUT said:

Well, the statues are in the original film set of rivendell as well, so.. 

Yeah you're right but just wasn't just expecting so many. Like how the kind of skimped out on the the statues for the harry potter ministry of magic harry potter set. Not a big deal but I enjoy the inclusion :)

I was too busy gawking at the other leaks to pay proper attention to the Rivendell one. Man, this is such a gorgeous set! :wub_drool:

I was expecting a microscale model with 3-4 minifigs, so this by far surpasses all of my expectations! Not only do we get the entire fellowship, but so many other cool minifigs including the long-awaited old man Bilbo. And the build itself is phenomenal! Amazing colour scheme too.

The choice to restart the theme with Rivendell felt weird to me ever since it was announced, but after seeing this, I have to say they made the right call. 

Can‘t wait for official pictures :excited: Hope the leakers are right and we get to see it next week.

And then there‘s Barad-dûr. If this doesn‘t get released, I will personally lead an Orc army into Denmark :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, Timobricko said:

Yeah you're right but just wasn't just expecting so many. Like how the kind of skimped out on the the statues for the harry potter ministry of magic harry potter set. Not a big deal but I enjoy the inclusion :)

I agree, it really shows that tjey have put a lot of thought into designing this set :)

And I am so happy that the minifigs have (apparently) new designs, this makes it exciting even for those like me who already own all the existing LOTR minifigs :-)

9 minutes ago, Altair1 said:

And I am so happy that the minifigs have (apparently) new designs, this makes it exciting even for those like me who already own all the existing LOTR minifigs :-)

I hope they only slightly tweak the old faceprints, as they were all pretty much perfect :classic: In general they’ve been really consistent with faceprints for the last 10+ years, so the 2012 ones wouldn‘t look out of place at all. Heck, they’re still using the 2012 Bruce Wayne faceprint! 

Pretty stark contrast to the dark times (pre 2010), where nothing was consistent and every theme had different styles :laugh_hard:

Btw, is my estimation correct that Rivendell is roughly 42 centimeters tall? I found some shelf space, but if the model is any taller, I’m screwed :grin: