Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Maria has a new head piece.

Thoroughly disappointed with this Kree suit decision, I need two of those torsos, one for Carol and one for Minn-Erva.

NEED the instructions for Goose, it's just too good

Edited by Quicksilver838

7 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

Why does LEGO release really cool builds for the Comic-Con exclusive sets, but they give us lame builds like Cap's oversized bike and that Spider-Man Walker thing that are wide realeased? They would make a lot more money selling sets like these. 

And seriously, why did they have to put 2 exclusive figures in this?

There is only one exclusive figure.  maria's head is from women of nasa and her torso is from tallie lintra

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You know what's still my biggest fear? Comic Con exclusive Homemade suit Spidey. This would be such a hard hit for me.

Or a ditko suit, or rescue, I think i'd go insane. I still haven't moved on from symbiote suit spidey. But then again, you know what they say about moving on...

4 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I have a terrible feeling it will be someone cool, like the homemade suit.

if its Cap's Endgame suit I will seriously riot

THERE'S MORE OF US THEN THERE ARE OF THEM!!! LET'S ALL FLY TO DENMARK AND PROTEST OUTSIDE THE LEGO HOUSE!!!

3 hours ago, The NexoNinja said:

well, we will get to see one 2020 set revealed at comic con, so if we are lucky, it will be an endgame wave 2, but most likely be some comic based set, probably spidey

If it's endgame wave 2 I'll almost forgive them for this captain marvel set. Almost.

2 hours ago, JediJosh said:

Last year I paid $250 each for the SDCC exclusive sets. Looks like i'll be doing that again this year. I so want this set.

You can afford to spend $500 a year on lego comic con exclusives?!?!?

46 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There is only one exclusive figure.  maria's head is from women of nasa and her torso is from tallie lintra

Excellent observation about that head piece! Thanks so much! 

Actually the head piece is different from the women of nasa one, I’m like 99% sure. Looking at a photo of the new released individual shot they look different 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Wow TLG is getting lambasted over this. Almost 99% of the comments on social media are negative

I wonder how long it will take before Brickset drops another article. Its probably being written as we speak :snicker:

while i don't approve of what people are saying, when will lego get the message that if they put this much quality into their normal sets, more people will buy them

I just need Carol's kree suit. Maria is forgivable but that kree torso is needed.

Here's hoping/praying/wishful thinking that they can pull off something like SDCC Rocket Racoon to Polybag. One man can hope. :innocent:

Y’all need to start buying chinese brands minifigures. There is a great set with all those Kree soldiers. If Lego doesn’t want us to have the real deal, then just buy the chinese alternatives. 

My biggest complaint with this set is, that this set looks better than most official sets they come up for Marvel. I understand of course they do that with kids in mind (it’s still a toy), but for the mature fans of lego it feels pretty frustrating.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You can afford to spend $500 a year on lego comic con exclusives?!?!?

Yeah that's what I do, I buy them afterwards. I've got a few of them now.

I echo the disappointment of this year's exclusive. Its a great little set that blows away the majority of this year's underwhelming retail lineup. Carol's new costume also looks pretty awesome.

A reliable leaker is saying there is another sdcc set with either Stan, Ditko spidey, scale cap, Gwenpool, Ronin, or Stealth suit cap. 

If this is real and one of those figures is a sdcc exclusive, I riot.

After seeing how accurate this set is I think it would be good to discuss its accuracy and especially its relation to all the inaccurate sets we're getting. This set only comes out a few months after the movie and its a lot more accurate than most marvel sets we get (even though the Captain Marvel set was decently accurate). I'd personally prefer future marvel sets to come out a few months (even a half year to a year) after the movie comes out for more accuracy. 

If they take this route they could make some comic sets based on the characters featured in the upcoming movie to release alongside the movie, then we could get the actual movie sets later so they can be a lot more accurate. What would you guys think if lego were to take this route?

1 minute ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

A reliable leaker is saying there is another sdcc set with either Stan, Ditko spidey, scale cap, Gwenpool, Ronin, or Stealth suit cap. 

You wouldn't be the only one rioting, I think most people here (me included) would join you. Also, which leaker said this?

18 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Those were my guesses for what the exclusive figure for sdcc might be....nothing more then guesses. In the Instagram story it says they are guesses too on the photo

Edited by Falconfan1414

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd personally prefer future marvel sets to come out a few months (even a half year to a year) after the movie comes out for more accuracy. 

That may work for collector’s items, but toys targeted towards kids? There’s a good reason that movie tie-ins are released before the movie does :laugh: 

Or can you imagine this conservation: “Hey Dad, [popular movie] was awesome! Is there a LEGO set of [character/vehicle/scene]?” “Sure kiddo, wait 6 months and I’ll get you one from the store!” “... [next best thing] looks awesome!” :snicker: 

Just looking at the SDCC releases last year, we had the Giant Man bust with Wasp figure, and Sheriff Deadpool for Marvel, then the Aquaman and Seahorse set, and Black Lightning for DC. 

Considering the sets appear to be based on the movies (Aquaman was obviously comic based, but his film was releasing that year), while the figures were either comic or DCTV based. So if this set is film based, including TWO exclusive figures, the exclusive figure shouldn't be film related right? The exclusive figure has only once been MCU related (Collector, but considering the amount of characters in the movies released since, it hasn't been anyone else), and has mostly been comic based. Surely it could just be another Deadpool, or, considering the comics over last year, it could be Red Goblin, War Machine Punisher, an Infinity Warp character like Soldier Supreme or Arachknight.

Edited by Quicksilver838

7 hours ago, Borex said:

Y’all need to start buying chinese brands minifigures.

Or customs using Lego brand parts. There are quite a few good customisers that recreate the SDCC exclusives with pad-printing, probably going to see this one come out too.

Looks like a Redditor has figured out the Flerken build. Seems simple enough to replicate

Edited by Brick Cucumber

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Wow TLG is getting lambasted over this. Almost 99% of the comments on social media are negative

All I see on TLG's social is a Father's day post and a LOT of comments about the "501st battlepack":facepalm:

I realize this is a stretch, but could they actually be planning something like the Vader bust where they also sell it as a retailer exclusive? Because they've been completely silent on all their social accounts about it so far.

Getting real sick of Lego's garbage treatment of the Marvel brand and Marvel fans

13 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Getting real sick of Lego's garbage treatment of the Marvel brand and Marvel fans

Looking at the 'Endgame' Sets crowding the shelves, I think a lot of people share that sentiment.

Guys, I think we’ll be fine. SDCC sets do not include exclusive figures. They never have. 

Rocket’s Warbird: figure was made available to the public 4 months later.

Classic TV Batmobile: Juniors Batman and Robin.

Mini Star Wars Ghost: Chopper is in other sets.

Aquaman Seahorse set: classic Aquaman fig with hair that could be found elsewhere.

Milenium Falcon Cockpit from Solo: Chewie and Han are in other sets.

Giant Man bust thing: Wasp was from the set.

Ultron Throne: figs found in AoU sets

Only Rocket was exclusive and that was for a short period of time. I cannot see Lego stopping this trend so while I don’t believe the set will hit shelves (it says SDCC EXCLUSIVE, exclusive being they key word, unlike the Vader set where all it said was Chicago 2019 Star Wars Celebration) I do believe we will see Maria’s head used elsewhere for other figs (different from Women of NASA set since the NASA head has red lipstick whereas Maria’s just looks similar to a color swap of Scarlet Witch’s head) and also believe that we will have a polybag of Vers with this torso and a bunch of stickers like how these polybags usually have. I could even see them making it a promo fig. 

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Guys, I think we’ll be fine. SDCC sets do not include exclusive figures. They never have. 

Rocket’s Warbird: figure was made available to the public 4 months later.

Classic TV Batmobile: Juniors Batman and Robin.

Mini Star Wars Ghost: Chopper is in other sets.

Aquaman Seahorse set: classic Aquaman fig with hair that could be found elsewhere.

Milenium Falcon Cockpit from Solo: Chewie and Han are in other sets.

Giant Man bust thing: Wasp was from the set.

Ultron Throne: figs found in AoU sets

Only Rocket was exclusive and that was for a short period of time. I cannot see Lego stopping this trend so while I don’t believe the set will hit shelves (it says SDCC EXCLUSIVE, exclusive being they key word, unlike the Vader set where all it said was Chicago 2019 Star Wars Celebration) I do believe we will see Maria’s head used elsewhere for other figs (different from Women of NASA set since the NASA head has red lipstick whereas Maria’s just looks similar to a color swap of Scarlet Witch’s head) and also believe that we will have a polybag of Vers with this torso and a bunch of stickers like how these polybags usually have. I could even see them making it a promo fig. 

Great, but this one has an exclusive Captain Marvel variant and an exclusive Maria Rambeau, which are currently exclusive to this set and an amazing build. That's not even the worst. For normal fans, they give us garbage like Captain Marvel set, or whole damn Endgame wave, but for exclusive set, they give a small group of people a great set, which looks great, and includes characters that we want since the first trailer.

In summary - they make amazing sets for exclusive events, but they give us the garbage like Endgame wave.