Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

The new sets look awesome. Definitely getting that Ultrakatty set as well as Sweet Mayhem’s spaceship, but that truck is kind of boring and $70 is too much for it. Reminds me of the Tail-gator from the Batman Movie. 

Here are my thoughts on new sets. The Unikitty looks cute, though I have never been one to buy sets just because there cute. New Wildstyle Is great, and the brick built Duplo is my favorite part of the set. This will be a nice set for kids but easy pass for me. Mad Max truck looks ok, love the new figure, reminds me of the late 2000's era a bit. I wish the truck looked better, the big wheels make it look ugly, I wish they would have gone full apocalyptic and had no big wheels, more gritty feeling. Rest of the truck is fine. The new Spaceship is my favorite if the 3. I love the inclusion of both minifigures and mini dolls. I also love space sets and this is the first none Star Wars one since the first Lego Movie. Hoping for a really nice interior. Overall nice group to a hopefully also theme. Love the clash of the apocalyptic sets and space sets so far and hope it continues. 

Has anyone else seen the more detailed pictures of the sets from every angle? They are on instagram.

UltraKitty and Warrior Lucy: $30

Emmet and Lucy's Escape buggy: $45 - $50

Sweet Mayham's Systar Starship: $70

Edited by Tahu

1 hour ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

. I also love space sets and this is the first none Star Wars one since the first Lego Movie.

Cough guardians of the galaxy cough apollo v cough...

i like the space ship as well. That helmet needs a minifig by the way :-p 

best figure imho is that duplo-beast

1 hour ago, Tahu said:

Has anyone else seen the more detailed pictures of the sets from every angle? They are on instagram.

UltraKitty and Warrior Lucy: $30

Emmet and Lucy's Escape buggy: $45 - $50

Sweet Mayham's Systar Starship: $70

Those pictures, as well as full descriptions including prices, are from this site: http://bricksfanz.com/the-lego-movie-2-sets-official-details/

At least that's where I found them. Also, the description for the truck talks about a "buildable base", I have no idea what that is referring to. Maybe these aren't the complete sets?

These sets look incredible. 

The Ultrakatty is an absolute must-have. And I love that the Duplo will be represented by built-up, to-scale models rather than actual Duplo parts, that's genius. 

And YES YES YES, Sweet Mayhem's Systar Spaceship has not been scaled down in the slightest! I think it's actually a perfect recreation of the on-screen version! That's awesome! If the price is really that high, I might be waiting for a sale, but also definitely getting it. 

The truck is the only one that feels a bit underwhelming. Is that the same truck from the trailer? Because I could swear that it looked different. Also, I'm pretty sure that the 'buildable base' refers to Metalbeard himself. I can't say that I understand why Metalbeard's in there, and will definitely be holding out for a different set that features his full, built-up mech body. Which leaves Sharkia . . who exactly is that? Did they just shoehorn in a random Apocalypseburg citizen like they did with a bunch of the Ninjago Movie sets? Still, for its flaws, it looks good, and if I see a decent sale I might get it all the same. 

I love the Ultrakatty, and I love the ship.  I hope they make a left leg just like the right for that female character with the visor, it's a great leg design.

Nice to see new damaged Emmet is confirmed here.

Edited by x105Black

Sweet Mayhem's ship looks like a Portal Core, and I like that! The buggy looks very nice too, it's good to see the "Speed Racer Fender Piece" in sand blue. Also, the apocalypse Unikitty just screams Battle Cat from He-Man! This range is looking good so far. I look forward to what else comes along!

Guess I gotta find the blind bag Angry Unikitty to go with Ultimate Unikitty. I dig the gal that comes with the truck, but that set is a pretty easy pass.

1 hour ago, RacerRabbit said:

Sweet Mayhem's ship looks like a Portal Core, and I like that!

I still can't help but think of some sort of retrofuturistic teardrop-shaped rocketcraft every time I see her craft; and yep, upon seeing the official set, I'm still digging it! :sweet:

Oh, and her helmet looks even more retro-esque with that oversized crest from a side profile! :thumbup: :grin:

42668389654_d5ae9db730_z.jpg

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I saw on Instagram that Ultrakatty is $30, the truck is $50, and the spaceship is $70. I have no idea why the ship is that expensive...

I think its size is deceptive, given the use of large parts with minimal stud coverage and its roughly spherical shape. Given the size of the parts involved I'd estimate that the craft as a whole is roughly the size of a dodgeball.

While I do think there is a lot of Emmet and Lucy in these sets, I love that Emmet has multiple new face prints. If you look at the main pictures of each set, he has a new expression in each one. I just hope that those two aren't in every single set though.

I'll definitely be getting Ultrakitty day one, I love the different expressions that she has, as well as the Duplo character, and the other minifigures. This one is my favorite of the bunch by far.

I do like Sweet Mayhem's spacechip, but I thinkthe price is a bit too steep. I'll wait until it goes onsale.

So I've been a bit hard on the Formidaball's price, but upon reading the description... it says something about a roll of stickers being included!?!

I'm glad they went with a similar decision as what they did with Benny's Spaceship in making Sweet Mayhem's Sistar Starship completely to scale. That reason alone might just coax me to pick it up first, but it'll entirely depend on what else gets revealed for the theme.

I'm so stoked!

Ehhhh....these aren't that good. Emmet and Wyldstyle are in every set, which is a negative. The Unikitty set is okay, but the truck is a blatant ripoff of TLBM's Batmobile and the spaceship is extremely overpriced. Hopefully the full wave is better, but I do recall not being impressed with the first Lego Movie's sets, and the full wave turned out to be great. :classic:

Why is people complaining about Emmet and Lucy being in every on these?

They can't reveal the new characters just yet. I mean, there are like 7 months left.......

What did people expect??? :wacko:

Emmet and Lucy could very well be in all of these sets, and it's not really a big problem for me.  They were in most of the sets last time, too.  They're pretty much the main characters.

Hey, I just noticed. Lucy lost one of her gloves. Her left hand is exposed and yellow now. 

I think we all know what this means . . .

LUCY IS SECRETLY A JEDI!!!!