Sign in to follow this  
LegoFjotten

[MOC] Captain Nemo's car

41798704834_26aedf6a5a_c.jpg

This is a small build for the Eurobricks 2018 event in Billund. The goal was to build a car in the Speed Champions style, either an actual car or a movie car. Since I'm not a car buff I opted for the latter.

The car is Captain Nemo's car, from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I took some creative liberties to make it more Speed Champions like rather than going for accuracy.

Comments are welcome, and check out my Flickr for higher resolution photos!

Wasn't quite sure which forum this belonged in, but since it's a steampunk car it ended up here.

A true Speed Champions scaled beauty, and my number one pick for the Eurobricks Billund SC contest!

Bravo! :thumbup: :grin_wub:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

It truly is a beauty! As I already said at the event I also fell in love with the street design. :wub: (Now that I finally arrived back home I will need to do pictures and video of mine too.) 

A really nice car indeed! I like the street design, but I would have tried to mix tiles and gold ingot.

Contest-wise, I would have privilegied accuracy, or at least have more instantly recognizable details :wink:

13 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Contest-wise, I would have privilegied accuracy, or at least have more instantly recognizable details :wink:

I agree, although I have to admit it would have benefitted from the SC mudgurads. :wink:

Still LF's entry is a really nice and sleek car! :wub:  No points for the wonderful, but challenge-wise futile background. :tongue:

More thant the car, I like the background. specially the tiled road. It creates a magnificent background for the white car to stand out even more. What caught my attention was the odd shape, the elongated nose and an extra set of wheels. I like the chrome details in the front, but I got to say I like brickbuilt version better than the real one. My favourite detail is the surf board - well thought.:thumbup:

It's a good-looking car, well photographed. You've got the feel of the thing just right, even though it doesn't look exactly the same as the movie car (but that's a tall order given the small size, isn't it?). As others have mentioned, your cobbled street is a great setting to put the car in. The car just pops :thumbup:

Indeed, the background adds quite a lot and I especially like the amazingly inspiring railing and gate designs! The car is still wonderful though, I love the shaping and the usage of the surfboard! Keep up the exceptional work! :classic: :thumbup:

A very sleek design in a great setting. Perhaps some lighting from the street light when rendering may have set it off even better. Well done.

Seeing the actual built simply marvel. I have to admit that the backdrop is so 'distracting' too. Great entry for the competition. 

Thank you all for your comments!

I did in fact enjoy building the road & backdrop more than the car, not much of a car builder really.

Always nice getting showcased by The Brothers Brick!

6 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

I did in fact enjoy building the road & backdrop more than the car, not much of a car builder really.

Yet the car still did turn out to be quite incredible! :sweet:

On 6/2/2018 at 10:34 PM, LegoFjotten said:

41798704834_26aedf6a5a_c.jpg

This is a small build for the Eurobricks 2018 event in Billund. The goal was to build a car in the Speed Champions style, either an actual car or a movie car. Since I'm not a car buff I opted for the latter.

The car is Captain Nemo's car, from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I took some creative liberties to make it more Speed Champions like rather than going for accuracy.

Comments are welcome, and check out my Flickr for higher resolution photos!

Wasn't quite sure which forum this belonged in, but since it's a steampunk car it ended up here.

It's just so cool! Love it! 

It reminds me of Red Skull's car from Captain America the first Avenger