2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Sorry, I thought @zux meant a part in '81. I've edited my last comment. :wink:

Yeah, I've seen that name on other topic recently and find the it fitting quite well despite sounding a bit silly. :classic: 

I’m more surprised at the silver fan than anything. Looks like we might get a peak at the innards.

Thank you for parts list, part no. 6227169 seems to be new (yellow), but it is probably system part with no function in technic

9 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@MorningWon Can you show the pages with the steering mechanism in the front and rear axles please? I wanna see if there is Ackermann steering or not.

Sure.. ill scan the book when I get home.

I found a video comparing 42081 and 42030. It uses stock images only and not actual sets, but it's still nice to see.

I just finished building this bad boy and I'm in love :wub:

35 minutes ago, Jim said:

I just finished building this bad boy and I'm in love :wub:

That PR nonsense LEGO is giving with that set would make much more sense if that set was fully motorized, don't you think?

4 minutes ago, M_longer said:

That PR nonsense LEGO is giving with that set would make much more sense if that set was fully motorized, don't you think?

Well, if it were fully motorized, it would have been remotely controlled. And being an Autonomous Vehicle, that wouldn't have much sense either.

Either way, I don't care. I simply love it and I will definitely buy another copy to build the B-model.

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

And being an Autonomous Vehicle, that wouldn't have much sense either.

So it seems that it needs a pack of EV3 sensors...

I don´t understand this set just the ridicolous range of movement it would be enough to consider it a shame.

Just now, jorgeopesi said:

I don´t understand this set just the ridicolous range of movement it would be enough to consider it a shame.

It is interesting concept but without motorization it looks like unfinished...perhaps someone will motorize it like 42030 set; who knows....?

11 minutes ago, M_longer said:

So it seems that it needs a pack of EV3 sensors...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Would be cool to EV3-ify this model. But it would be a real challenge. 

7 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It is interesting concept but without motorization it looks like unfinished...perhaps someone will motorize it like 42030 set; who knows....?

I would be very cool to see someone motorizing it.

But I don't think it looks unfinished without it. Anyway, I won't disclose any further info or opinions before the 1st of August.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Would be cool to EV3-ify this model. But it would be a real challenge. 

I would be very cool to see someone motorizing it.

But I don't think it looks unfinished without it.

A bit unusual to have such big set only with manual control, perhaps LEGO has spoiled us

5 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

A bit unusual to have such big set only with manual control, perhaps LEGO has spoiled us

I'm more than okay with it. You don't need batteries this time around... :thumbup:

28 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

The set is big, but that's more because of the bucket and wheels. The chassis isn't that big.

And maybe it's because the Forest Machine and Rough Terrain Crane are motorised too. Another reason could be that Volvo has a say in it. That's not unlikely either. I know the 42030 was motorised too, but this being Autonomous might make a difference.

22 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I'm more than okay with it. You don't need batteries this time around... :thumbup:

If a set has motors, we want it to be manual. When it's manual we want motors.

I'm more than okay with it too. Although I admit, it IS a cool vehicle to operate with full RC. But you will need to cram all the PF elements from the 42030 in this chassis.

@Jim maybe you're right...at least after your review I'll be smarter...

The real (concept) is completely electrical so my thoughts are like this model is future of 42030...

Perhaps is my opinion influenced by fact that I do not like operating linear actuators by hand ?

Autonomous and futuristic machines are very interesting for me, even my current projects are dealing with futuristic systems tractors...

Edited by I_Igor

It'd be an amazing feat for someone to motorize this. The chassis is almost bare. All functions are directly control. The battery box may lie in the counterweight, but then where would all 5 motors go?

28 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Perhaps is my opinion influenced by fact that I do not like operating linear actuators by hand ?

I definitely agree with you on this one. Most of the time it's too cumbersome to operate them.

15 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It'd be an amazing feat for someone to motorize this. The chassis is almost bare. All functions are directly control. The battery box may lie in the counterweight, but then where would all 5 motors go?

This is exactly why it will be difficult without too much modifications. Maybe rebuild the chassis a bit.

33 minutes ago, Jim said:

I definitely agree with you on this one. Most of the time it's too cumbersome to operate them.

This is exactly why it will be difficult without too much modifications. Maybe rebuild the chassis a bit.

Perhaps pneumatic version (with new valve) would be more interesting, but that is for different topic: so.ething like 42081 mods and improvements. As I mentioned about 42079 set LEGO could also intentionally make such sets that give us joy modifying it...

I finished this model, here are the things I have to say about it:

I love the look of the model, past meets future in industrial design.

The movement of the front and back wheels is very limited. The 4 wheel steering does make up for it for turning radius but it is small compared to other 4 wheel steering vehicles. The wheels do not like to stay in a turned position for display per purposes.

The drone is a neat concept but it is too far back as for if it actually took off it would hit the eye camera arm. You could rework it so the pin holes are further forward to eliminate this.

Allot of stickers!! I hate putting on stickers.

I would really like to motorize this with either my sbrick or buwizz modules. I do not think the articulated movements would be that difficult but the wheels have no gear train so that would be quite difficult and require a complete redesign of the core chassis.

I enjoyed putting together this set.

Edited by MorningWon

29 minutes ago, MorningWon said:

I finished this model, here are the things I have to say about it:

I love the look of the model, past meets future in industrial design.

The movement of the front and back wheels is very limited. The crab steering does make up for it for turning radius but it is small compared to other crab steering vehicles. The wheels do not like to stay in a turned position for display per purposes.

The drone is a neat concept but it is too far back as for if it actually took off it would hit the eye camera arm. You could rework it so the pin holes are further forward to eliminate this.

Allot of stickers!! I hate putting on stickers.

I would really like to motorize this with either my sbrick or buwizz modules. I do not think the articulated movements would be that difficult but the wheels have no gear train so that would be quite difficult and require a complete redesign of the core chassis.

I enjoyed putting together this set.

Now we have something like "introduction" for reviews that will follow-up...

Thanks