@Jeroen Ottens Congratulate you!!! Can't stand to assemble it. At last you released it! 88.6% of the parts.. Will begin to order!

Crane looks mindblowing!

Incredible piece of work. Looking forward to see how this one function.

I had, i think the earlier design from you (bought on ebay German guy) so hopefully i have a good lot of pices i need:classic:

Colour will be yellow instead of the white.

Well, I said a few pages ago that i'd be interested in instructions. Now you've gone and made the effort to product them for this wonder i've just put my money where my mouth is and sent you an order.

Thanks once again. I look forward to building it.

I missed a bunch of updates... It seems that I even missed the final boom design, from July 13th *huh*

Cool to see it finished though, congratulations! :thumbup: Are there more photo's available of the final version? The render shows some features (like the support legs for the legs) that I haven't seen before. Maybe a movie...?  Whoops, I see that your last post is only from last week - I should be less impatient :blush: Looking forward to the write-up and photo's!

Edited by Ludo Visser
Poor reading skills.

Hi Jeroen, 

Thank you so much for your kindness to develop this model for us and publish instructions.

I just wanted to begin building a crane this year and find this! Absolutely fantastic!

Also, with the scale that you used, now I'm looking for my Mack Anthem to carry the boom to the site :)

Hello, I have assembled the whole assembly, but I will not configure the rope routing. Can you give me some detailed steps?

Thanks Jeroen for sharing such a wonderful creation. Thanks also Merlijn for creating the great instructions.

I appreciate your honesty regarding the limitations of this model, you have really pushed the edge on what can be achieved with PF functions. A lot of bricks leads to a lot of weight and having built other cranes I can understand the issues with the boom. I do like your workaround for lifting the boom and it does not distract from the design too much.

As of today I have completed the carrier section with parts I have. Given I have more black parts than white I decided on a Mammoet theme. I went a little further with aesthetics and included some custom made stickers. I started building the day after instructions became available, so its taken me about 2-weeks to get this far.

I'm currently working on the superstructure and boom, trying to figure out and order the remaining parts I need in my color scheme. So maybe another week or two to complete.

Note. I also posted these comments and additional work in progress photos on Rebrickable.

40102602863_4ee65d2fbd_c.jpgIMG_1901 on Flickr

40102602753_4ee65d2fbd_c.jpgIMG_1929 on Flickr

40102602983_5abc10442f_c.jpgIMG_1923 on Flickr

40102602643_e3e50272a8_c.jpgIMG_1914 on Flickr

Edited by nigel1975

6 hours ago, nigel1975 said:

Thanks Jeroen for sharing such a wonderful creation. Thanks also Merlijn for creating the great instructions.

I appreciate your honesty regarding the limitations of this model, you have really pushed the edge on what can be achieved with PF functions. A lot of bricks leads to a lot of weight and having built other cranes I can understand the issues with the boom. I do like your workaround for lifting the boom and it does not distract from the design too much.

As of today I have completed the carrier section with parts I have. Given I have more black parts than white I decided on a Mammoet theme. I went a little further with aesthetics and included some custom made stickers. I started building the day after instructions became available, so its taken me about 2-weeks to get this far.

I'm currently working on the superstructure and boom, trying to figure out and order the remaining parts I need in my color scheme. So maybe another week or two to complete.

Note. I also posted these comments and additional work in progress photos on Rebrickable.

That colourscheme is fantastic! I am glad you like the model so far.

+ 1! Mammoet color scheme looks even better. I wonder why I started collect white parts instead..

Edited by Aleh

I'm still working on this fantastic crane and just finished the superstructure. I decided before going a head any further to give it a complete test. Wow it works flawlessly and very smooth...I lubed all the gears as I built. Now the boom. I have a couple of Firgelli (long) linear activators and I might try to incorporate them in this build.

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Ayy lmao something tells me the LAs in 42100 will be right at home here :wink:

Not sure they will cope with all this enormous weight. But who knows.

11 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

I lubed all the gears as I built.

Why?

@Aleh I’ll tell you why!! This Moc has more gears in it than any moc I’ve ever built. It was worth doing because it runs smoother than any LEGO I ever built and I had built hundreds over the years. I have spent a lot of time on this and I wanted everything to work when done.

I’m not sure my 6ft build table would be big enough but it’d be great to give it a go one day. It’d dwarf my Ultimate 42009 *huh*