Siegfried

CONTEST: Build your own Impulse set!

I have posted my entry. I thought that using just 27 parts or under would be hard, but I found it a breeze in the end and only used 25 X-D

Tried to use parts from lots of different themes/era's. I'm quite pleased with it.

Comments appreciated. Thanks. *y*

And my entry is UP! *y*

I was gonig to break my Peruvian Cave Racer MOC, but I loved the idol head on it, so I modified it a lot so it would fit within the piece limit. It's made up of 25 pieces, 2 pieces for the treasure = 27 pieces + Indy. :-)

Thanks, and good luck! *sweet* *y*

I'm confused. *wacko*

I thought the rules said no baseplates?

Source of confusion (but a very nice park scene):

walk_in_a_park_1.jpg

Where does it say that? I don''t think it said that. Unless it was a question someone asked.

Where does it say that? I don''t think it said that. Unless it was a question someone asked.

In the original rules stated after:

Rules of this contest are:

[*]Try to build something similar to the real impulse sets; that is don't include parts like a baseplate as it would make the set too expensive and the box too big. There must one and only one figure in the set. Any Lego man is allowed.... including Technic. ;-)

And yes its a great park scene ;-)

So where is our contest leader when needed :-P

*yoda*

Hi Everyone :-D , i will like to particpate in this MOC, impulse set too. This will be my 1st attempt in EB :-P

Kindly show your support and feel free to comment. Currently, i am doing up the pics and will upload it soon *sweet*

This competion is going great so far! *sweet* Thanks guys...there are some really great entries too. *wub*

No, sorry to say it was in the rules from the start, and it was rule number one too! ;-) Remember the goal of this contest is to Build your own Impulse set in the same style as the real ones. A baseplate would never fit in the box, and would be too expensive as well. I saw your entry and I hoped that you would realise your mistake and correct it....
So where is our contest leader when needed :-P

*yoda*

:-$ At the time I was sleeping, and later on I was finishing my Mobile Still MOC. ;-) Thanks for answering the question in my absense! X-D

Finally, my long awaited creation is finished *wub* . Hope everyone will like a simple creation like this. :-P

Please view it in the entries

Hey, I actually only just found this contest- but I want Sinner's love!

A question- can we do non- real themes, like, say, Battlestar Galactica?

My Entry: Shoreline Lookout Tower!

contest_pictures_001.jpg

a) baseplate.. see Sinner's latest post for a clarification about that :-)

b) four pics? See the rules, please.

Okay, got a new question- Do Viking helms count as one piece on the fig or as the fig and two accessories [horns]?

I just entered my entry *sweet* . I someone feels it's too rude/over the top, please let me know ;-) .

J/K :-P

post-284-1205263663.jpg

No, in all seriousness, if it's too rude, just tell me me :-) X-D .

Review time.

RupeeClock: Congrats on the first entry *y* If this was a real set, I would definitely buy it.

Nyundi: Awesome! I could easily see this as a set. The mining device is so small yet so simple. Good job *y*

HopelessMagic: An awesome entry! I love the minifig that you made to go with it *wub* Though, I don't think they would include a baseplate. Anyway, this is one of my few favorites.

Lt.Veers: I really like your entry, though it looks like it could use some more pieces :-D Where did that glass piece come from? Anyway, I know I've said this alot, but this is great!

adik sa lego: My idea for a great entry! I love your entry, it's just what every Ferrari racer needs!

Kaboom4: I would definitely buy this, mainly for the lovely fig. The tree in this is great, so is the bench!

xwingyoda My favorite entry so far! I absolutely love this! *wub*

Lego-Freak: Finally, a SpongeBob Impulse. I expected that from alot of people. I really love this!

PaulC: Even though we all know TLC would never dare to make that, I love it! I would easily buy a bunch of these! *y*

Zero1312: An aged Johnny Thunder? It doesn't get much better then that! I love everything in this, it's beautiful!

SlyOwl: Of course, Pirates. :-| Though I'm not a huge Pirate fan I would still get some of these just for the produce *wub*

Graynar: Now that's awesome! Though, TLC wouldn't sell this I would still buy tons of these! It's a perfect Army Builder!

ImperialScoutsShadows: This could spark a liking of Pirates from me. This definitely would be classified as Impulse *y* I love the modern Pirate face!

Stealth Hunter: Your's is great. The one thing I wish it had was a different head, I already have plenty of those |-/ anyway, great entry!

LegoLyons: Though, I doubt TLC would ever make anything like this :-D This is awesome! I would easily buy this! You also have some great photography for this!

SirNadroJ: Beauty *wub* Another excellent entry! Though, I don't see Indy racing anyone to the treasure, I still love this *wub* Though, I don't need anymore Indys!

QuarryMan: Is that monkey copping a feel on the princess :-D I would easily buy a bunch of these. This defines Impulse IMO. Good job!

whitefang sq: Congrats on a great entry for your first time *y* I love the rock piece you made for this, it's great!

Lt. Col. Thok.: I love the Castle impulses! *wub* Though this looks a little big for an impulse, this is another great small creation by you *y*

KhoRne: I lied Yoda, this is my favorite entry! I love the TLC bum! X-D Easily an awesome Impulse KhoRne!

hewkii9: Awesome! I never did get any of the Vikings, this is really good

Copmike: The first truly hilarious creation! That definitely suits Hink well!

*sweet*

Mutley777: I didn't expect this from you! ;-) A very slick lookin craft, I'd easily buy a few of these *y*

skelliesgang: This looks alittle too good to be an Impulse set! It's a very creative idea, good job!

ImperialShadowsScouts: Awesome! I would buy wayyy too many! X-D

kaboom4: Another great entry, though I thought no baseplates were allowed 8-|

SirnadroJ: Geez, one entry never is enough for you is it? You took Khornes spot, this takes the cake! This is my dream Impulse set, there's nothing better than a hot babe in a bath *wub*

Pirahna: Another great Indy entry I've seen! This looks too good to be real. Good job! *y*

whitefang_sg: Another excellent creation! I would easily buy this!

SirnadroJ: Fruit! I would buy a bunch of these just for the food! Another great impulse Jordan, though, I recognize that head from another entry ;-)

LegoLyons: You have failed to impress me! This I would buy plenty of just for the great pieces. Good job. *y*

LegoLyons( Again? ): Well, I knew someone would make something involving puking, you did it! This is a funny Impulse set, the bar looks great! good job!

Batbrick: I'm so glad you finally entered! This is my favorite of the Licensed theme so far. You really should make more! *wub*

Zero1312: Allright! an easy way to get the GG body and the black hair. I would love to build an army out of these, great job Zero!

SlyOwl: Sinner Computing, it doesn't get much better than that! I love the little details you packed into this! Especially that annoying B*g.

Lt. Col. Thok: A very awesome, yet simple creation. Nice job Thok!

whitefang_sg: This would be a great parts pack! I would buy a bunch of these. Good job!

Stealth Hunter: Allright! Two entries at once! I love the hover bike! Though, I doubt TLC would make a brick built gun like that, but it is still great! The Railroad worker is awesome too! It's such a neat, simple set. Good job!

*sweet*

Edited by Exobuilder

Review time.

LegoLyons: Though, I doubt TLC would ever make anything like this :-D This is awesome! I would easily buy this! You also have some great photography for this!

*sweet*

Thanks for taking the time to review our entries, its always nice to get feedback, good or bad.

I just entered my entry *sweet* . I someone feels it's too rude/over the top, please let me know ;-) .

No, in all seriousness, if it's too rude, just tell me me :-) X-D .

I love it, my favourite so far. Very good, and most of all fun.

Edited by LegoLyons

Zero1312: An aged Johnny Thunder? It doesn't get much better then that! I love everything in this, it's beautiful!

Thank you!! I just saw the shogun head and I noticed that he has an nearly identical hair pattern as J. Thunder, the rest was a piece of cake. ;-)

Edited by zero1312

You're welcome LegoLyons! It took me a good 30 minutes to do that 8-|

Copmike: The first truly hilarious creation! That definitely suits Hink well! :-D

*sweet*

Thanks for the comments Exobuilder and Legolyons *sweet* !!

Copmike: I really love your entry, it's amazing what one can make with only 27 bricks at your disposal X-O .

Okay, got a new question- Do Viking helms count as one piece on the fig or as the fig and two accessories [horns]?
Since they are removable I would consider them as accessories...

I love this contest - it´s just megablocks brilliant *wub*!

Prize:

Err.... my love?

I love it so much that I´ll will back up the top 3 entries with one prize each! And NO, it´s a secret what´s up for grabs!!!

And here´s the score from the Swedish jury svensk_flagga.gif:

Sinner: The original! Low piececount and a "feelgood" feeling, I´d buy it anytime!!!

RupeeClock: Well done! Good parts pack to spice up any transportation hub!

Nyundi: Very clean built! Spacey feel to it and good color control!

HopelessMagic: Nice colors! Trick or treat - classic theme choice *y*!

Lt.Veers: Small & cool, reminds me of the ones in the advent calenders. Good work!

adik sa lego: Really official looking, I had to check that TLC hadn´t released this already. Perfect Ferrari Impulse set *y*!

Kaboom4: Good idea even if it´s breaks the baseplate-rule. The bench & lamp posts rocks *sweet*.

xwingyoda: Under-the-belt theme, me suprised :-D? Supercompact build & cool! Thanks for not having one yellow 1x1 tile on the floor .......!

Lego-Freak: SB Impulse - yippie! And lots of jelly´s, well done!

PaulC: Djungel warfare On! Nice colors and sturdy machinegun nest. Cal .50 rules!

Zero1312: Heeeeeere's Johnny >:-)! Welcome back, Summer 2008 release please?

SlyOwl: Lots of food & stuff!! Good value and taste set!

Graynar: Looks like the real deal! The wedge plate seals it!

ImperialScoutsShadows: Good choice of torso and a nice lamp in the bow! Looks TLC all the way!

Stealth Hunter: SW *sweet*! I like the blaster charger consol!! Hurry up, the rebels are coming!

LegoLyons: Smartly used parts & excellent photos!!! Tune in, drop down - NOT!

SirNadroJ: Golden chest - me wants! Nice idea and build!

QuarryMan: Does the monkey really want to dance :-D? Or is it a fakemove to get the chicken bone? Nicely done!

whitefang sq: Indy goes H2O! Toned down colors but everything really connects *y*!

Lt. Col. Thok.: The lonely lookout, garantied to die first X-D! Nice little set, Castle is always nice!

KhoRne: And he´s back - stronger than EVER. I laughed HARD when I saw this!! Absolutely brilliant, I´m building one for myself *wub* !

Updated 15 mars:

hewkii9: Very nice little set! I this viking has been to venice because of his "rowing-style"! Could use some more color though, just use red oars instead or something.

mutley777: A SW-set again! this is 5/5. I´m going to use this in my SW displays if I might :'-)?

skelliesgang: Really good mix of different colors! And putting in the Scarecrow as MF is a smart move!

imperialshadows: Jawa scrap speeder - excellent! There could be a problem with the blaster though - or maybe the ion rifle works backwards!

kaboom4: Nice and clean, especially like the steps for the treasure chest.

Sir Nadroj: Hilarious :-P! Space + hottie = *wub*!

Piranha: Nice! Good use of C3PO - hopefully his voicefunction is switched off!

whitefang sq: Simple & nice tree. Love your MF with killer eagle!!!

SirNadroj: Gimme a double seaweed rum special! Cool, and of course a pirate hottie *y*!

LegoLyons: Sturdy vault and the Riddler as MF => +++! And your drunk pirate is perfect! He could hang with KhoRne´s bum X-D!

Batbrick: Super clock there! I think Bathound what�s a cape also :-)!

zero1312: Nice tight flyer! The silver 1x1 plates does the job!

SlyOwl: Nice setup! From there Sinner can go thru with his master plan ... >:-)!

Lt. Col. Thok: I love mailmen, don´t know why? Really cute! Smart use of Indy�s bag!

whitefang sq: Your third - wow! A bit to clean for my taste, something is missing. Nice rifflerack though!

Stealth Hunter : Cool looking front of the hoverbike *y*! The whole set looks good! The railroad worker has a adventcalender feel to it, I like it. Perfect for the train junkies!

Updated 21 mars:

swan45: A bit dull colors but I like the design!

TinyPiesRUs: Very nice! Love the fireworks *sweet* !!

hewkii9: Good design, feels like it´s been done before though.

Tanotrooper: New theme, jippie! Very well built, love the helmet+black head to change into battle!

jayber1974: The back engine does it! Small and powerful!

Piranha: Plain and clean, the food & stuff makes it´s an excellent parts pack!

alex54: The yellow bike´s back - yeh! A must have impulse set!

ricecracker: A treadmill, awesome! Now our mf´s can really work out *y*!

ricecracker: Really smart use of the flame things! Simple & appealing!

ricecracker: Cool duffelbag, othervise a bit to "pieced" - doesn´t work together!

hollisbrick: About a hundred of these and you have a complete castle! Simple, clean!

skelliesgang: Colorful *wub* and the red turban and the printed piece and .... *y*!

jayber1974: Well built selfservice machine Diagnostic Centre! Looks official LEGO set all the way!

xenologer: Farmer Bob at work. Make´s me want to play LEGO SW for PS2 again. Well done!

supremecommandergrevious: Smart robobuild!! What´s the mf afraid of? Good colors!

TinyPiesRUs: Nice mine cart, a bit to plain for my taste though. Could use a couple of these 2877.gif. Love the fig!

Saracen: Smart gun and a Sailbarge feel! And the fig will sell this set alone ....!

Batbrick: PA - pure love BB *wub*!

supremecommandergrevious: Like hewkii9, feels done already. Good build though!

voxel: Lool! Thinking outside the box - love it! Fire up that saw ....!

iamded: Super! Need no more comments. But you and KhoRne could fill a whole park with great sets ....!

iamded: Good build! Lots of stuff, not as fresh as your first though.

iamded: Warhammer, not my cup of tea. But a good build - love the red plume on the head!

LandLubber: Tractor pulling rocks!! Nice little machine!!!!

Landlubber: Ninjas, come back please! Very nicely done, I´d buy a bunch!

brickchic: Nice one! Lots of stuff! Want me to investigate what really happened here!

brickchic: Looks a bit like it´s part of a bigger set. Good idea though with the basement!

imperialshadows: Well here´s a minifg that loves his job!! Standing aroud all day ...! Very nicely done, Poetry slam On!

Lego-Freak: Smart angle to lift him off by the rocketengine! Looks great!

Mr.Tiber: Classic, basic, style! Pirates On!

Batbrick: I´ve missed the brown carrots! And I´m glad I did, must taste bad!! Love your Troll lunchbreak!

Hinckley: Cool fig, clean build. Looks really good!

Hinckley: >:-( - are you saying I stink???? I take a bath every Christmas! Supercool build, love the use of 1x1 as lamps on the mirror. Pinky war On >:-)!

Stealth Hunter: Old school! Like it, would buy it!

Updated 23 mars:

DJ Force: Nice little transport. I wonder what goes in there? Exo On!

Klaus-Dieter: Love the market stand, especially the colors of the roof. Good use of the doublesided head!

xwingyoda: Jar-Jar - he´s back!!! Let those boomas do their thing man! Intelligent and real cool! Nice catapult!

xwingyoda: Inquisition Sex Slave Trade - catchy name for a set X-D! Her hair needs a crew cut though, megablocks that´s an ugly hairpiece!

Tanotrooper: Nice! I like the duality of the fig and your inverted use of the face mask on the blue Formula 1 helmet! I´d buy!

TinyPiesRUs: Mine Car part 2! Hm, someone IS reading these feedbacks ;-)! A lot better now - well done! (is it withing the rules though to rebuild ...)

zero1312: Black is back! Nice idea, like the fig with the swords. A bit to black though for my taste.

SupremeCommmanderGrievous: A busy little dwarf! Nicely done, lot´s of stuff & good colors!

I´ll be editing this post as more & more entries enter. Superjob everyone *y*!

27 On, 28 Off

copmike

Proud driver Hinckley puts the pedal to the metal plastic :-P!

Here

Just curious, though I know it's DEFINITELY not something Lego would do, are we allowed to do a Bionicle impulse? I have ideas either way, so it's not that big a deal if I can't, but...=P

~Trexxen